What's new

The beginning of my solution

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: The beginning of my solution

Good luck my guess is the ppp will take longer than 8 weeks ..getting the gals to cooperate with a time table can be challenging.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Good luck my guess is the ppp will take longer than 8 weeks ..getting the gals to cooperate with a time table can be challenging.

Ya I hear you on that. Breeders claim 8-9 weeks so thats what I will have to work with. Only time will tell.

Some good news though...a buddy asked me to look after some established moms which means I will have this show up and running quicker than I thought. A Kong mom and a sour diesel mom. Yaay~!

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Well I scored some pretty nice moms from a buddy. Getting these moms pretty much knocks off 2 months of dead time growing my own and taking cuttings....I was able to pull 30 cuttings off one plant.

Strains are:
Sour Diesel
Jack Flash
Purple Kush
Pineapple Express

I replanted them all in smaller one gallon air pots. Take a look.

All the moms in their original pots.
004.jpg

Sour Diesel getting ready to be repotted
005.jpg

Why I like these type of air pots, you can literally open the pot up around the root mass.
006.jpg

Same plant after a root prune.
007.jpg

Same girl in her new home.
008.jpg

All four moms in their new pots.
018.jpg

All my fresh new cuttings.
012.jpg

014.jpg

All the extra mom leafege in the worm bin.
017.jpg

My soil beds dont look like much is happening...
011.jpg

Until you look closely and you can see the Clover starting to sprout.
010.jpg

Now I just have to wait for these cuts to take root and Ill be underway.....:canabis:

Bennyweed1

Veteran
For all you cats that can appreciate a live mulch. This is my first attempt and I am super fascinated with it!

12 hours later...

001.jpg

002.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
The PPP came in the mail today. Only germinating one seed so this feminized seed better be a female! haha I never been done wrong from fem seeds...

020.jpg

t33to

Super stoked to watch this one.

Where did you get the white Clover from? I'm currently trying some Chickweed from my yard right now.

Do you know if the White Clover will reseed and replant it self? Does it just continuously grow like grass? Do you plan on using the Clover as a nitrogen fixer in the soil?

Also, seriously excited to see PPP in your setup. I'm impressed so far!

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Super stoked to watch this one.

Where did you get the white Clover from? I'm currently trying some Chickweed from my yard right now.

Do you know if the White Clover will reseed and replant it self? Does it just continuously grow like grass? Do you plan on using the Clover as a nitrogen fixer in the soil?

Also, seriously excited to see PPP in your setup. I'm impressed so far!

Thanks for looking man, I love keeping an online journal.

I am no expert on white clover, or live mulch for that matter but I can tell you the little that I know.

First and foremost, I ordered mine off Amazon for cheap. From my general understanding, clover is a perennial that does spread by means of what are called "stolons".

The thing that throws me a little curve ball is clovers' light (photoperiod) schedule. Reading all the information in this forum https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=205980 and on the internet Ive gathered clover is on a opposite light schedule then MMJ. 12/12 is its veg cycle and 18/6 and up is its flower cycle.

So that being said I dont know how it will react with moms under the same light period for potentially years. One would think since clovers photoperoid of 18/6 endues flowering that it would act as a annual needing seeds to be re sowed periodically? I am not sure there....I guess it would be like growing clones or seeds from 12/12 or auto flower strains, you would have to replant new seeds or clones no matter what.

Secondly, Im trying a live mulch for its nitrogen fixing and microb teaming characteristics....but I also want to use it as food for my worms to eat as they slither around taking worms dumps.....lol or just leaving worm castings and naturally aerating my soil and supplying alive organic matter.

t33to

Thanks for looking man, I love keeping an online journal.

I am no expert on white clover, or live mulch for that matter but I can tell you the little that I know.

For and foremost, I ordered mine off Amazon for cheap. From my general understanding, clover is a perennial that does spread by means of what are called "stolons".

The thing that throws me a little curve ball is clovers' light (photoperiod) schedule. Reading all the information in this forum https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=205980 and on the internet Ive gathered clover is on a opposite light schedule then MMJ. 12/12 is its veg cycle and 18/6 and up is its flower cycle.

So that being said I dont know how it will react with moms under the same light period for potentially years. One would think since clovers photoperoid of 18/6 endues flowering that it would act as a annual needing seeds to be re sowed periodically? I am not sure there....I guess it would be like growing clones or seeds from 12/12 or auto flower strains, you would have to replant new seeds or clones no matter what.

Secondly, Im trying a live mulch for its nitrogen fixing and microb teaming characteristics....but I also want to use it as food for my worms to eat as they slither around taking worms dumps.....lol or just leaving worm castings and naturally aerating my soil and supplying alive organic matter.

Nice. That's almost exactly what I plan on doing.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Thanks for looking, I feel delighted that I can share with everyone and people actually take interest. That sAweeeet!. Thanks everyone.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Well my PPP seed germinated very quickly. I checked her today and she has a .5" tap root cracked out. I think that was like 24 hours or so? Just seems awfully fast.

002-1.jpg

and for anyone interested in this little youtube clip. Its a new bulb im trying out, they are supposed to be pretty nice and are considerably cheaper then big brand bulbs.

Super Horti Eye Hortilux Comparison - YouTube

I guess you can watch and see for yourself. Peace everyone.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Can I get some opinions please?

Would you rather run more 1 gallon potted plants around a vert. 600w or would you rather run less larger gallon potted plants? Granted the veg time would be lot less for the 1 gallon pots and longer for the larger ones.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey dude, if you have the space to veg them out, id go with a lower plant count on 3-5gal pots, vegged for maybe 4-6 weeks. Just make sure to train them properly in order to spread the canopy! 4 Plants under 600w or so. You can probably pull 3-5oz each plant.

Thats my personal opinion tho! 1Gal pots you will be watering every so often and also a lot more plants. 5 Gal pots will probably give you a 4 day span between watering late in flower. Will be a lot easier IMO.

Anyways, good luck with whatever you choose to go with!

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Hey dude, if you have the space to veg them out, id go with a lower plant count on 3-5gal pots, vegged for maybe 4-6 weeks. Just make sure to train them properly in order to spread the canopy! 4 Plants under 600w or so. You can probably pull 3-5oz each plant.

Thats my personal opinion tho! 1Gal pots you will be watering every so often and also a lot more plants. 5 Gal pots will probably give you a 4 day span between watering late in flower. Will be a lot easier IMO.

Anyways, good luck with whatever you choose to go with!

Thanks for taking time to chime in. I really appreciate others opinions in terms of MMJ cultivation. ICmag is one awesome think tank.

-Good luck to you too.

(Has anyone, or does anyone know of a journal with a vertical bulb using soil beds?)

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Hey Icmag!

I got some plants in my bloom tent....Well all my mothers. I cloned took two clones from each mom and will make moms out of each clone.

I need to get something in my bloom tent...I felt like I was only wasting time not doing so. Currently the light is on 18/9 though, flipping it on Sunday because I repotted all the moms in larger 3.5g air pots and wanted to give the roots time to spread out a little.

Mine while my 25 clones in a the Areo are just starting to pop little roots. It is taking an extremely long time, usually cloning takes me less then 14 days. I think the moms were several lacking some major nutrition. All the clones were a hard wood type stem, not that soft plant tissue of vigorously growing plants.

Anyway, everything is still looking good and on the right track. Once I get solid roots on the clones, I will be looking much better.

Flower tent
011-2.jpg

The Pure Power Plant (soon to be momma)
028.jpg

And the slow to root clones :(
015.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I finally got some clones in my soil bins so that is exciting. I plan to veg them for 30 days before they go into a flower tent. Feels good to have everything under way after what seemed like the longest stand still....

DSCF1878-1.jpg

DSCF1879-1.jpg

DSCF1880-1.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
These are the plants in my flower tent. I was planing on flipping them tomorrow but think I should wait another week before 12/12. What do you think?

They were all my moms, that is why some of them look bonsai-ish.

Jack Flash
DSCF1889.jpg

Purple Kush
DSCF1890.jpg

Pineapple Express
DSCF1891.jpg

Sour Diesel
DSCF1893.jpg

Purple kush
DSCF1892.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
And here are 3 pure power fem. seeds and one freebie crazy miss Hyde fem. LOL I never heard of that strain before but it sounds ridiculous. Some of these strain names never cease to amaze me. You cant see them now but they all broke surface last night.
DSCF1885-1.jpg

DSCF1884-1.jpg