Bennyweed1

Veteran
Little baby Pure Power Plant Fem.

DSCF1888.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
And do these two plants look familiar?

photo4.jpg

And about 30 days later....she survived a horrible nutrient deficiency and major pH unbalance. Persistence pays off, I was able to save one using fine fine organics!

DSCF1892.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Never mind the bad talk about Crazy Miss Hyde. She sounds rather kick ass actually!

"Samsara Seeds Crazy Miss Hyde Feminized is an excellent hybrid, a blend of two varieties distinguished by their fragrances, sweet and very penetrating nuances. The original belladonna, is a cross of Superskunk and an F1 hybrid male, very powerful. At the same time, the cross between a male Northern Light Afghani x Skunk # 1 x Haze, makes it a small plant that produces huge flowers with thick amber buds, filled with clusters of resin. The results in both indoors and outdoors grow are excellent. This variety emanates a unique and embracing aroma at the end of flowering period. Crazy Miss Hyde has a berry flavour with a slight acid touch and produces a very physical brain effect that could even be dangerous."

My favroite part:
Flower time- Short (56 days)
Hieght- Medium

Bennyweed1

Veteran
ICmag, I have a question that I need some assistance with please.

I have an Aero cloner and I have used it for the last 2 years with no problems.

I recently moved into a new place so the water source is different but I have an RO/DI filtering all the water I use on my plants.

Here is my problem. My cuttings were real slow to root, while some finally did, I notice the roots that did develop were real weak. They break off the plant real easily. In fact when I go to pot them in soil, the weight of the soil alone breaks the roots off.

I have never had this happen before and am not sure what too correct to try and resolve this problem.

I have never adjusted the pH of the water in the past and always had great results. I checked it today and it was around 4.9, which is low I know but it never has effected me before.

The only rational thing I can think of is perhaps the water was to acidic and it was weakening the roots? Any opinions?

Has this ever happen to anyone else? Any insight will be much appericated. Thank you all :tiphat:

t33to

ICmag, I have a question that I need some assistance with please.

I have an Aero cloner and I have used it for the last 2 years with no problems.

I recently moved into a new place so the water source is different but I have an RO/DI filtering all the water I use on my plants.

Here is my problem. My cuttings were real slow to root, while some finally did, I notice the roots that did develop were real weak. They break off the plant real easily. In fact when I go to pot them in soil, the weight of the soil alone breaks the roots off.

I have never had this happen before and am not sure what too correct to try and resolve this problem.

I have never adjusted the pH of the water in the past and always had great results. I checked it today and it was around 4.9, which is low I know but it never has effected me before.

The only rational thing I can think of is perhaps the water was to acidic and it was weakening the roots? Any opinions?

Has this ever happen to anyone else? Any insight will be much appericated. Thank you all :tiphat:

That's what happens everytime I try to Aero/Bubble clone. I've never had success with these units like some people claim. I'm excited to see the responses that come up.

Herbophile

I don't know but I've been using an aero cloner for the past six years with great success. All of the sudden this year it's just not up to par. The parameters haven't changed as far as I know. They root but take forever compared to usual and they are far from as healthy as normal.

A friend of mine with the same set up is having the same issues at a different location also. His theory is it has something to do with the weird winter weather we've had but I think it's just grasping at straws. He's tried numerous things to correct the problem to no avail.

Myself I just switched to cloning in coco and it's been working wonderfully.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I don't know but I've been using an aero cloner for the past six years with great success. All of the sudden this year it's just not up to par. The parameters haven't changed as far as I know. They root but take forever compared to usual and they are far from as healthy as normal.

A friend of mine with the same set up is having the same issues at a different location also. His theory is it has something to do with the weird winter weather we've had but I think it's just grasping at straws. He's tried numerous things to correct the problem to no avail.

Myself I just switched to cloning in coco and it's been working wonderfully.

Yes I am considering switching back to rapid rooters, but dont like the expense of buying them constantly and having to use cloning GEL.

I replaced all the filters on my RO/DI so im going to give it a little more time and see if I have cured the problem by doing so. I also raised the pH to 5.9ish inside the Aero.

Im a month deep into these clones and they look like crap. lol. This issue is going to put a huge burden on my out door grow, I must come up with a solution soon before I loose my perfect window :(

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Whats going on everyone:rasta:

I did my first trim jobber today. It was pleasant. I didnt realize just how thick and healthy the mulch was! I could clearly see it is starting to spread on its own now; which excited me a little bit:woohoo:.

The mulch before the trim
DSCF1902.jpg

The mulch after the trim. It doesnt look all the different because it is so thick.
DSCF1903.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is a new addition to my garden and after using if for the first time, I cant imagine how I lived without it for so long. Its pressurized with a 12"/24" telescopic wand.
DSCF1905-1.jpg

DSCF1906-1.jpg

I bought the new sprayer because I broke my hand pump sprayer by clogging it up with AACT. So this time around I bought a preventive measure along with my new sprayer. Its a must IMO if you mist your top soil and plants frequently like I do. Its a metal coffee filter. Last for ever and rinses clean. :cool:

DSCF1907-1.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is the condition of the expended sediment filter I replaced. This thing stank like death and was slimy when I swapped it out for the new. You can see the difference in color by looking at the new and the old. Yuck. :no:
DSCF1912-1.jpg

And finally I decided to install my LEDs and use them as veg. I may change my mind again....lol. Thanks for stopping by everyone!
DSCF1909-1.jpg

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
I've been really happy with my LED for veg, I think you will be too.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Benny - you've come a long way and I can tell you put in your time researching and learning the ropes. You're going to love your end result....

Keep 'em green!

dank.Frank

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Thanks guys. I just cant wait to have some smoke more or less! 7 more weeks to go....Plants are looking beautiful though.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Week one flower complete. I really hope these girls stretch more.
Time is my worst enemy when growing cannabis. I always have to remind myself to just give everything time.....:nono:

DSCF1935-1.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I was tying branches down and wanted to snap some pictures. I really hope it all fills in to form a circle I can wrap around the bulb. That be effin' sweet.

Plants are 11 days into flower.
DSCF1945.jpg

DSCF1948.jpg

DSCF1955-1.jpg

DSCF1957.jpg

DSCF1959.jpg

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey Benny, things looking good...

Just my 2cent about rapid rooters, I never used them with cloning gel and had around 95% success cloning. I would just take cuts, put on the rapid rooter wet and put in a cointainer almost air tight. Open even 5 days and make sure there's still moisture in it. After 10 days you should see roots!

Take care and good luck!

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Hey Benny, things looking good...

Just my 2cent about rapid rooters, I never used them with cloning gel and had around 95% success cloning. I would just take cuts, put on the rapid rooter wet and put in a cointainer almost air tight. Open even 5 days and make sure there's still moisture in it. After 10 days you should see roots!

Take care and good luck!

Thanks for the good word amigo. I got my Aero figured out. Once I swapped filters my roots exploded.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Week three starts tomorrow. I fed them there first slurry today of EWC and kelp. The smell is starting to come out which I really love because when I open the doors to my tent I am greeted with a breath of fresh air.

The plants are looking real good IMO, this is about the time they start to put on the weight and form nice colas.

Thanks for looking..

The order is left to right. Jack Flash, Sour Diesel, Purple Kush, Pineapple Express.

Latest posts

Latest posts