• huh?

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • what?

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters

Boob McNoob

Image814.jpg

Boob McNoob

The leading contender from the final trio of undetermined parentage got its bump to the flow through 2 gal pot with perhaps another three weeks of long hours.
IMG_20230406_134234005.jpg

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Clean Up on Aisle 420

Clean Up on Aisle 420

The Big Room is another closet 4 x 4.5 with a 400 watt HID and a 90 watt UFO LED augmented by four 42 watt CFLs @2700k.

I'm a big fan of these 42 watt CFL's! I use them exclusively for flowering. I tried LED's for about three years, never could get shit dialed in. When I switched back to CFL's, everything came together.

I'm also a big fan of bagseed! It's (at least) a great way to learn how to grow without spending a bunch of money on seeds. Great thread!

Boob McNoob

I appreciate the kind words of encouragement. Wish that the photos for those older posts weren't lost during reshuffles by the site. I should force myself to find the time to re-upload them from my hard drive and correct those broken links.
The abysmal germination rate of my aging stash of seeds is responsible for the latest project of sending a flowering girl back into veg to provide a new generation of (theoretically female) clones to keep the machine running. After somewhat of a windfall from the experiment last year trying to work with a Sea of Green using smaller containers and shorter veg times I've had the luxury of several months of developing a comfort with working from clones. Frustratingly, this learning curve was compromised by the reality that I took cuts from plants that evidenced as male and thus the clones did likewise. This has meant that beyond one full harvest in Feb and two partial (one to attempt seeding outdoors with the males and the other reverting to veg to become the mother plant) I've been working through the collective windfall from last year to keep me afloat. I've still got enough to see me through several months if not the remainder of the year while this new adventure plays out.
The timeline is chalked out to take cuts at the end of this month and veg them until the first of July so another harvest isn't on the horizon until the end of September. Additional cuts are planned from the clones as they mature along with the dedicated mother so regardless of the failure of seed based efforts I've got a working avenue to remain in production.

Redrum92

Some inspiring persistence through the years... old thread!

Got my start in bagseed too, but eventually impatience got the best of me and I started buying

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Well, you probably got pretty good at growing using bagseed. You might have been throwing away money buying seeds to learn on.

Boob McNoob

In Years past the distressed aisle of the local Garden Center has provided a variety of color for my ornamental efforts but I guess I haven't timed my visits this Season right to take advantage of the bargains. Fortunately there are several recurring displays that return as I recycle soil in the above ground containers (to screen out the generous stash of acorns and other treasures the squirrels deposit). This is one of my favorites along with the Morning Glories above and a few other choice selections.
IMG_20190819_063302.jpg

Boob McNoob

Things are responding well to the half barrels; they've finally claimed the most consistently Sunny spot in the yard and their former site is ready to be leveled to accommodate a hexagonal greenhouse that's been in the carton for the past two years.
IMG_20230515_193602583.jpg
IMG_20230515_193636494.jpg
IMG_20230515_193719738.jpg

Boob McNoob

Three of five from the initial batch that have rooted have been upgraded from the nested starter cups to these intermediate containers which usually run through the sixth week of growth - three gal for the second phase and then five gal for flowering.
Depending on how successful I find the subsequent waves are at producing roots the first five might hit short hours at the end of June.
IMG_20230515_211323894.jpg
IMG_20230515_211237499.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Things are responding well to the half barrels; they've finally claimed the most consistently Sunny spot in the yard and their former site is ready to be leveled to accommodate a hexagonal greenhouse that's been in the carton for the past two years.
View attachment 18842633 View attachment 18842634 View attachment 18842635
Friend be sure and put a thermometer on top of the plant's soil outdoors so you can watch the temps. If the temps get hot you will need to shade the pots with shade clothe. I love your garden thanks for sharing.