What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Testers: R&D... Secret OG x Sour D (fem)...

nickman

Veteran
So I gotta little problem ... the plant in the back right corner in the gray 20 gallon tote is not looking too sharp... the leaves are very droopy... can't figure out if it's over watering or under watering ... the thing is though - that I have not watered it in few days, so I'm thinking under watering...
it's just very hard to tell with these big 20 gallon totes... never used such big totes before so gauging how often they need to be watered is tricky at first...
all the others are doing fine so far ... I'll give it a little water and see what she does...
it just looks different then when plants are thirsty... the leaves kinda sag. Not droop..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Looks like root rot to me. If so then let her dry up a bit an when it's time to water again, water super light around the base.

Check the soil moisture an if its still wet then it's rot. Raising the heat a tad can help the plant transpire faster an speed up the fix imho. All the other ladies look proper.

chomsky

Looks like root rot to me. If so then let her dry up a bit an when it's time to water again, water super light around the base.

Check the soil moisture an if its still wet then it's rot. Raising the heat a tad can help the plant transpire faster an speed up the fix imho. All the other ladies look proper.

Root rot that early on??? That would not be my first guess. Watering in 20 gallon pots at that stage in the game is unbelievably difficult to monitor. Why did you go so big in the pots so fast? Are you completely saturating the soil? Even if you let that go for four or five days there's gonna be a lot water in the bottom if you are. Those roots couldn't possibly be filling out the buckets yet. I would guess you are overwatering.

I'd drill a bunch of holes all around the bottoms of those jugs if you're saturating and waiting. I'd personally water heavy around the edges of the pots and try to keep the center and root ball less wet. Let the roots go out searching for the water.

Last edited:

nickman

Veteran
It's gotta be over watering or root rot ... this blows.

The second time I watered them I remember watering a little heavy... it was about a week or so ago... I have not watered that plant for at least four days and it just outta no where started looking like that... after taking the pics earlier today I ended up giving her a little bit of water... very little. But now thinking back - it was the wrong move...

I thought that I may have this problem but really thought I'd be fine ... I already drilled a lot of holes in the bottom and around the bottom sides ... there's also some clay pebbles in the bottom to help with the draining And so this type of thing didn't happen...

The only reason I went so big with the pot size was because these are the only plants I have for the next round and I guess I just got nervous cause it's only five...!!!... I should have maybe went with like a ten gallon pot size...

This plant is also in the back corner and the fan that's blowing on them doesn't get to that one that much... I'll get another fan and I'm gonna drill some more holes into the sides of the pot...

I've got a soil meter that checks the moisture in the soil... the battery is dead so I'll get a new battery tomorrow and use that too...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
Well I've drilled a ton of holes into all the totes now... they're drilled all along the bottom sides... the weird thing was that while I was drilling the holes into the tote with the problem plant- I could see some of the roots and they were all very white and healthy looking ...
I can't believe that the roots are already reaching the bottom of the totes ...

I didn't notice any soggy looking dirt while I was drilling but she he plant still looks the same pretty much... maybe a tiny bit better looking... I also added another fan blowing on the plants...

I think the lights aren't strong enough and it's just taking too long for these big totes to dry out... I gotta get them into flowervunder the big light...
one more week and then into the flower room...!!!... if everything goes according.

nickman

Veteran
Oh my Karma... I'm in for a real treat then...

That 1st pic is insane looking... is the 1st pic the secret OG ??? Is the second pic the reversed sour???

Omg. I can't wait now...

I'm thinking like a week or two at most for these girls to get flipped.... I'm gonna harvest me girls in flower this weekend and next weekend... just a Headstash today that is ready... all the rest will go at week 9...

Thanx again Karma , u the man...

U breed such execeptional canabis...

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
First and 3rd pic are a more secret (joshd#1) x sour D more on the Josh side. The second pic is a more Sour D dominant pheno.

Just 2 pheno.s out of the seeds you are growing.

nickman

Veteran
Gotta slight deficiency going on here...!!!... not sure what... (copper-calcium-magnesium)??? Any help ???

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This is just two separate leaves from the same plant...

nickman

Veteran
Two more leaves from a different plant...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

It only seems to be on the newer growth, not the older growth...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
Quick update: I'm thinking around a week tops and then I should be able to put them into my flower room... I'll veg them there for a few more days probably- just so they can get used to the lights...!!!...

Theses were very easy to grow - up until I put them into these big ass 20 gallon totes... they're just taking too low to dry out under these T5's... and it's just hard to get a good gauge on watering them correctly...!!!...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

nickman

Veteran
The easiest one to grow has been the one in the fabric pot...

I bought 3 more fans last week and that has seemed to help them a lot... with all the extra air flow...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I'm REALLY looking forward to flowering these girls ASAP...!!!... exspecially since I found out that the cross is secret OG (joshD OG kush#1) x (Karmas)Sour D... wow.

Thank you...

Wish I could help I'm not the best at remembering the symptoms lol I do however sometimes get that yellowing at the edge of the leaves for a week after potting up, I put it down to unstable ph at first while they adjust

Latest posts

Latest posts