What's new

T5 Club... Show Us Your Stuff...

ZZTops

Veteran
Welcome J...

With Ebay you need to do your homework and read the fine print. So come without blubs, shipping is high, used unit or seconds. Then if you have an issue with the unit then you must deal with the factory if the warranty is valid...

My Hydro Store has the 4'x8Tube fixtures at $200 plus tax, about the same as Ebay but I'm supporting local business and have someone to go to if there is an issue...

Zach did you get your faulty fixture off Ebay...?

jPhunk

Thanks zz. And yea I hear ya. I suppose having a storefront and someone to go to with any issues will take priority here. I can imagine the hassle going the other way should there be any problems.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Welcome J...

Zach did you get your faulty fixture off Ebay...?

zz... no i got it off the net, and as said called hydrofarms, and they sent a completely new unit... incl bulbs.... 1st class customer service..

and props:tiphat::tiphat: to ya for supporting local business.. id buy local in a heartbeat, but there is not a store within 25miles

CaStoner

Lights out, loving the T5's.
picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Flower Power. I will swap 1/2 Quantum Flower for 1 ATI Blue Actinc in hopes of amping up tric production, though it is good now

after looking, I thought these were the best spectrum I ould find
JBL Solar Color Ultra T5
OR
iQuatics 54W T5 Aqua Blue Special 50:50 Hybrid

HazeNKush

These t5 setups are great! IM looking to get a 4 bulb fixture with 4ft bulbs to veg 8-10 plants under and then i flower under a 1000w HPS.

is just 4 4ft bulbs enough in a 4ft wide by 6ft long room for VEG with 6500k? I use a 250w mh for my seedlings put into DWC when they have roots, but want to have t5s for when they are full blown adults in veg.

CaStoner

These t5 setups are great! IM looking to get a 4 bulb fixture with 4ft bulbs to veg 8-10 plants under and then i flower under a 1000w HPS.

is just 4 4ft bulbs enough in a 4ft wide by 6ft long room for VEG with 6500k? I use a 250w mh for my seedlings put into DWC when they have roots, but want to have t5s for when they are full blown adults in veg.

If you look at page 20 you can see what I did with 6 bulbs. I think you'll be fine.

jede3

Well, my first crop ever came down. I had to pull it a couple weeks early due to several issues and I only used the 4 bulb T5, so my yield was kinda low, just a little under 3 ounces :frown:

Anyway, grow #2 is already under way and shaping up really nice. I scored an 8 bulb T5 off craigslist for 75 bucks (with bulbs!) and it just barely fits in my tent. I was given 3 nearly dead clones from a buddy and I'm nursing them back to life. Three weeks into veg and they're doing awesome, so I've got high hopes for this grow. I'll upload some pics tonight when I'm home from work.

For you growers that use mixed spectrum, what mix of bulbs do you use? I'm currently using 4 bulbs of each spectrum, and the plants seem to be loving it. Should I have more blue bulbs during veg, and more red during flower, or is the 50/50 I'm currently using ok?

SirSteely

Update: 1st Grow Day 57

Update: 1st Grow Day 57

Day 57 of 1st grow.Been alot of issues last two weeks. Fungus gnat population seemed to explode.Then while flushing a very low yielding, early finishing Bubba Urkle I discovered I have root aphids.
I harvested the BubbaUrkle and its in cure now,It has a minty smell and a mellow body high. I also chopped a hermie from bagseed and curing it. Have 4 plants left under the lights. They are in various stages of flush and are yellowing nicely. I can say that the clones I got had to be mislabeled or just incorrect. My Bubbaurkle is a Blueberry, my YodaOG is a Bubba strain and I hope that the VenusOG and the SFVOG are what they are labeled. They both DO have that lemon funk. Learning that, in my opion T5s are great lights but that the medicine is only going to be top quality in the flowers that are within 12'' of the lights. Anything lower is just too far from intensity to mature fully.I am totally happy with the results so far despite my horrid pest control and Im determined not to harvest these last 4 ladies till they are fully ripe, or on day 70, whichever is first,LOL.Smells in my room range from musty rotten sweet fruit to peppery garlic.More to come...........

Attachments

• BubbaUrkleday54.jpg
    BubbaUrkleday54.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 17
  • Day54.jpg
    Day54.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 16
  • VenusOgday54.jpg
    VenusOgday54.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 13
  • WatchingTrichs.jpeg
    WatchingTrichs.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 16
  • YodaOgEarlyCut.jpg
    YodaOgEarlyCut.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 19

ZZTops

Veteran
Well, my first crop ever came down. I had to pull it a couple weeks early due to several issues and I only used the 4 bulb T5, so my yield was kinda low, just a little under 3 ounces :frown:

Anyway, grow #2 is already under way and shaping up really nice. I scored an 8 bulb T5 off craigslist for 75 bucks (with bulbs!) and it just barely fits in my tent. I was given 3 nearly dead clones from a buddy and I'm nursing them back to life. Three weeks into veg and they're doing awesome, so I've got high hopes for this grow. I'll upload some pics tonight when I'm home from work.

For you growers that use mixed spectrum, what mix of bulbs do you use? I'm currently using 4 bulbs of each spectrum, and the plants seem to be loving it. Should I have more blue bulbs during veg, and more red during flower, or is the 50/50 I'm currently using ok?

That's three ounces you did not have before..."-)

Bring on the Photos...

Traditional is to run 6400K during Veg and 3000K during Bloom but I like the 50/50 mix myself all the way from Veg to Bloom...

I did all three Temps this last grow and all did well so the choice is yours...

ZZTops

Veteran
Day 57 of 1st grow.Been alot of issues last two weeks. Fungus gnat population seemed to explode.Then while flushing a very low yielding, early finishing Bubba Urkle I discovered I have root aphids.
I harvested the BubbaUrkle and its in cure now,It has a minty smell and a mellow body high. I also chopped a hermie from bagseed and curing it. Have 4 plants left under the lights. They are in various stages of flush and are yellowing nicely. I can say that the clones I got had to be mislabeled or just incorrect. My Bubbaurkle is a Blueberry, my YodaOG is a Bubba strain and I hope that the VenusOG and the SFVOG are what they are labeled. They both DO have that lemon funk. Learning that, in my opion T5s are great lights but that the medicine is only going to be top quality in the flowers that are within 12'' of the lights. Anything lower is just too far from intensity to mature fully.I am totally happy with the results so far despite my horrid pest control and Im determined not to harvest these last 4 ladies till they are fully ripe, or on day 70, whichever is first,LOL.Smells in my room range from musty rotten sweet fruit to peppery garlic.More to come...........

Looking very nice, despite all the problems...:tiphat:

T5's work best with a screen, training and fewer plants IMHO...

Allows you to keep the light close...

Less Plants but More Buds...