What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

T-Shirt Design Contest

GOATNUTS

radium- said:
quick color job on that one lol

thanks bro! not the colors i had in mind in some areas but still it came out pretty cool. i tried to color it but it was coming out all messed up lol. what program did you use?

rastamonunika

If your looking to do 4-5 colors, i think everyone should keep in mind that black is considered an ink. I dont beleive they do a 4 color job, its spot colors (ink) that they use, so it really needs to be 4-5 colors, or 4-5 colors and using a shade of those colors such as a dark hunter green, screened, so that it is less opaque. . . make sure that the RGB or CMYK values dont change with the shade, just its opacity. .

just a thought so you dont end up at the printer with 6 seperations .. .

lots of love, and keep up the good work everyone, its looking lovely

unika

Ruosk

Goatnuts, nice work :wave:

Here's my final version:
varit4.png

G

Despie said:

lol, that's twice you make a spelling error in your drawing...it's banGkok, not BANKOK... :nanana:

Love the final work Ruosk, but in all honesty...this is still my favority one!

Last edited:
G

Afternoon everyone, just wanted to update alittle before the weekend. As of today, you have about around 4 days. Depends on where you live in the world, but on July 11, 2006 4:20 EST this contest will be over. You can still post in the thread, but entries will no longer be accepted. I just want to thank everyone for their hard work and remind them. That there is still time over the weekend to get any and all art work posted, so don't go and feak out anyone. Once the contest is over. I will give all the logo's a good look over and make my three picks. It's not going to be easy, since there is alot of killer works of art, but it should take me to long. I would say at the latest the following day if that. Well, just wanted to thank everyone for all their hard work and keep it coming. There have been tons of great feedback and this thread has stayed on a good coarse. Glad to see there is a nice crowd here and no fighting. Great job everyone. I hope everyone is having a great time and there are more contest to come. Take care everyone and have a super weekend.
Later,
BG

F

Father Time

Good Luck picking a winner out of that lot mate,ther all great.
the last3 on this page Hammer!
Kindest Regards,FT :wave:

G

radium- said:
quick color job on that one lol

I like the art and the coloring. But I would do something differant with the lettering. :chin: It's kind of hard to make out at first. But still a nice job. :wave:

GOATNUTS

Thisbuds4u said:
I like the art and the coloring. But I would do something differant with the lettering. :chin: It's kind of hard to make out at first. But still a nice job. :wave:

first thanks to radium- for the help on coloring...how about something like this...

Laxpunker

Could someone tell me how to save a file in Illustrator that I can actually submit? When I try to save it as PDF I lose a lot of quality :(

rastamonunika

PDF you shouldnt lose ANY quality (illustrator and indesign run on PDF architecture) The "save for web" feature is very handy, and u can choose a few different file formats and see how the quality degrades (or stays the same) if you did a true 4-5 color design, u can easily save it as a gif (even if u did more than that, gif has 256 colors, anyhow. . .)

use save for web, choose jpeg, make the quality setting whatever u would like. . .

Hitman

Real sweet stuff can't wait to see what the shirt design will be. Show me how to order the winner and I will.

G

GOATNUTS said:
first thanks to radium- for the help on coloring...how about something like this...
Now that's much better!!!Good luck to you Goatnuts. :wave:

Laxpunker

hmmm, well apparently more is showing than i want. oh well, if i actually thought it was worth it I'd fix it up.

G

Evening everyone, glad to see members still working away. I've been going over the thread and looking at the art work and i got to say. It's turned out better then i thought. I just want to thanks everyone again for their hard work and time. There is still a few days till the contest is over. So, don't stress just yet. Plenty of time to get your work in and i'm sure there will be a race to the end on a few, so good luck. Remeber, NOTHING after 4:20 EST on the 11th of July. Nothing, contest over. I got to stress this, because it only makes it fair for those that have been working very hard and it wouldn't be fair to have something that might win and be sent in after the contest was suppose to be over. It's got to be fair.

As, for the sales of the shirts. Well, i'm still thinking about that. I was thinking about holding off till i get a couple of other designs done also and also thinking about releasing everything all at once. Different T-shirts, My Grow Book i've been working on. A Cannabis Beltbucket i've been working on and of course. My seed line as well. I'm planning on sending some into Seedbay for sure, but i don't know how many. If i'm going to get hit with the famous 40% cut. It's really not worth it, because i will be taking a big hit, but i will try to work something out with Gypsy. If for some reason i can't work something out. I will take a hit on some of the shirts and just buy a banner and run it here on IC. I'll setup a website with a P.O. Box and anyone can just send in a money order and i'll have shirts mailed out. I've been thinking about this and this might be cheaper for everyone, but i'll make sure to work it out and make sure it's best for everyone. As for my UK friends that have been asking about me shipping across the pond. Not a problem and i'll even mail them to the jungle of the amazon if someone wants them. No worries. Well, if anyone has any question. Feel free to ask away. Working on the color's now and looking for a printer as we speak.
Take care,
BG

zeon33

shirt template

shirt template

im sticking to this design
11724bangkokbettyfinal.jpg

heres a template if was on a shirt
11724bangkokbettyshirt.jpg

hope my design wins:smile:

G

Looking good everyone, just a reminder. The contest will be over tomorrow and i will try to pick the winner asap. I've been looking through all the great pictures and it's going to be alittle hard, but i've got to pick three winner's. Once i pick the winning logo's. I'll PM winner's about how to go about spending your winning's. I would like to wish everyone good luck and remember to get your logo or logo's in before 4:20 EST tomorrow. Nothing else will be accepted after this time. Good luck and I hope to see more work before the close of the contest. Take care all and thanks for the help.
Later,
BG

G

Morning everyone, today is the BIG Day. I'll be out of town this morning, but should be back for the end of the contest time. I'd like to say good luck one more time and remember to get in your work before 4:20 EST, because nothing will be accepted after that. Good luck to all and can't wait to see all the final works of art. I'd thought i would share some art work done by a old member that used to do alot around here. This is the cover to a Cannabis book i've been working on. Some of you might have didn't know this. Yes, i'm about done with my first book. Good luck everyone and take care.
BG

Latest posts

Latest posts