What's new

T-Shirt Design Contest

Xdox

hey I was just wondering if anyone could post up some pics of some nice looking Thai Plants? Thanks.

zeon33

t-shirt design

t-shirt design

hello everyone, im new to the forums.:wave:
yes i can finally post my design i had for a couple of weeks, but i couldnt cause my account hasnt been activated.
heres my design:
11724bangkok3.JPG

the quality isnt great cause i had a hard time exporting from adobe illustratior, but in illustrator it looks reaall clean.
i think this would be a ideal design, only 5 colors although its not cartoonish...
you'd have to just get 5 silk screens for each color then have a professional with a silk screen machine to position them right.
i can also change change up the color scheme too.

G

zeon33 said:
hello everyone, im new to the forums.:wave:
yes i can finally post my design i had for a couple of weeks, but i couldnt cause my account hasnt been activated.
heres my design:
11724bangkok3.JPG

the quality isnt great cause i had a hard time exporting from adobe illustratior, but in illustrator it looks reaall clean.
i think this would be a ideal design, only 5 colors although its not cartoonish...
you'd have to just get 5 silk screens for each color then have a professional with a silk screen machine to position them right.
i can also change change up the color scheme too.

Evening, glad to see member's still posting there work. I think we are at about 12 days to the end of the contest. For those dragging behide. You better get going or your going to miss out. I'm really happy with the outcome of the contest so far. Everyone has been posting some killer work and the thread has stayed pure. Boy, I was hoping there wasn't any problems with flaming others work and such and everything has turned out nice. Thanks you everyone for being so nice to everyone entering work. Very happy that there hasn't been any bashing. Great Job

Zeon33, really like what you done. It's pretty cool and I like the design. I'd love to see it in all five color's if that's possible. If you could, I'd like to see a finish work. It's only going to help you in the end. Nice job

Everyone, has been turning out some super work. It's going to be hard and i have been watching and view all art work. It won't take me long to pick the winner's. Once the contest is done and i pick the winner's. I'll post the winner's and PM all winner's with direction on how to spent your winning's. Thanks everyone and it's about that time. Time to switch it to high gear and get those works of art in or very soon. These last days are going to fly on by.
Take care,
BG

D

Despie

ya Im doing the finishing touches on my work. I have been so busy with my day job havent had much time!!!!plus it is nice at this time in Spain I feel bad anytime im home!

G

Despie said:
ya Im doing the finishing touches on my work. I have been so busy with my day job havent had much time!!!!plus it is nice at this time in Spain I feel bad anytime im home!

Nice to see members from Spain entering the contest. I'll be heading your way pretty soon or soon enough. Looks like i'll be moving and heading to the Cadiz area. Ready for a new and fresh start. Will be moving everything to your lovely country Despie and opening a store over there. You better watch out, because i'll be enjoying that Sun,Beaches, Women, and everything else Spain has to offer. Take care Despie and thanks for entering my little contest.
See you,
BG

G

Evening everyone. I thought i would update some some of the stuff i got going. Well, i ordered some t-shirt sample to see what the color's looked like and the material used in the shirts. Here's the first batch of samples i got. These are
Gildan
Model: 8300
Cotton: 50/50
Weight: 5.6 Oz.
Sizes: M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL
Features:
• Left chest pocket
• Double-needle coverseamed neck
• Stitched hemmed bottom
• Taped shoulder-to-shoulder

I'm really thinking about going with this shirt, because i've had some good shirts from this company that lasted along time. The only thing i'm having a problem with. Is getting a good green color. I'm finding some in plain t-shirts but nothing with a front pocket and we all know we want that front pocket for lighter, bowl, or whatever. I'm going to order the only green that list. It's called a safty green. Don't know how well the color with be, compaired to my monitor color and also going to order the ash grey shirt and give it a look. I know alot of you like the grey shirts and i want to "try" to make everyone happy with the prefect shirts. I'll try to keep everyone up to date. I'm also going to be ordering some hoodies to see what ones i like. Since it's summer time. I'm thinking about getting them going now so i have some instock. Before anyone ask. I really don't know when i'm going to have them printed. It will be soon, but i don't know if i want to get them out before i get the first new batch of seeds out. I'm thinking about waiting for the first batch of seeds, but then again. Maybe, "Hype" everyone up list the rest of the world in marketing. lolol. Let me hear from the members. Would you like them before or dueing the release date of my first new batch of seeds? Thanks again for all your hard work and support everyone. It sure has been fun. Not much time left, so make sure you get your work in before the deadline. I'm mailing out the prizes first thing monday morning and will post directions to the winner's. Well, i'll keep everyone in the loop on the shirts and hoodies. Going to have about four shirt desings in total or maybe five. Not sure, but there should be a shirt for everyone.
Thanks and take care,
BG

rastamonunika

Does. . .

Does. . .

Does it have to be 4-5 color or can it be 3 or less>? I was thinking that it would be in your best interest to tone it down to 3 or less because of set-up costs involving silk screening. otherwise you could do lower quality ink sublimation instead which would give u a larged gamut of color. If you wouldnt mind a 3 or less color t shirt design then ill see what I can come up with. I also may be able to incorporate your t-shirt colors so that there is a variety in the design.

Let me know please

enjoii ur day

and of course, lots of love

unika

rastamonunika

Also, are you getting a good deal on screen printing>? there are some AWESOME screen printers in the US who have great costs and LOW if not NO set-up fees, which is a plus when ur doing multi colors, if you need help in that area i can point u in a direction. PM me tho please, and if you dont live in the US, i apologize =P

lots of love

unika

G

Ruosk said:
Here is something.. needs to be colored:
mini.jpg

Man, that's pretty tight. Glad to still see stuff being posted. Not much more time left, so everyone needs to stay on the ball. If you want to enter something. Very nice job, can't wait to see it in color.
Great job

Closet Funk, thanks. It's been alittle bit slow with contest since all the troubles, so i figured i'd do a contest to have some fun and get some help for a design or two. There will be more contest very soon. The next contest will be something different for those that aren't artist like me. Thanks for the support.
Take care,
BG

Ruosk

GoldDustWomen said:
Man, that's pretty tight. Glad to still see stuff being posted. Not much more time left, so everyone needs to stay on the ball. If you want to enter something. Very nice job, can't wait to see it in color.
Great job

Quick coloring job, hope you like it. Plants didn't turn out quite the way I had planned but...
col.jpg

G

Ruosk said:
Quick coloring job, hope you like it. Plants didn't turn out quite the way I had planned but...
col.jpg

Pretty cool, I like it alot. Keep up the good job and remember. 7-11 is the deadline for final work. Thanks for your hard work.
Take care,
BG

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I like that one alot with the coloring. I like how he's standing in from of a bush of thai plants and the name is in the smoke. I would wear that shirt anyday. Great work man. Maybe some mountains in the background and some red hairs on the plants to show more detail.

Last edited:

rastamonunika

Ruosk, i agree with Closet. Excellent job, great composition, but now to add the details to really make ur design shine! Good work on the title, it draws ur eye in and down the smoke. Well placed! U should really get Adobe Illustrator, im sure u can find a copy from someone, cough cough, somewhere. . . Its usually quite expensive but online, things can be rather cheap (free>?) =P

great job tho, dont stop!

lots of love

unika

rastamonunika

I like the boldness of the Red, it makes the hierarchy better, but i personally like the first colroed version better, the pencil strokes looked nicer with the pencil strokes in the title. . . i also liked the definition in the original on the asian man smoking and the plants. Still very nice, and of course these are just my opinions. . .

keep it up, it looks very nice

lots of love

unika

GOATNUTS

DANG, A CONTEST! well i'll give it a shot...all done free hand...i have nothing to color it with so here is the outline...hopefully i win something :woohoo: LOL

Ruosk

Thanks for good feedback everyone.. it was really a quick basic coloring thing, I'm working on final version now. I made the logo red too and pretty much even the same shade as radium used. :joint:

rastamonunika, I will check out that Adobe Illustrator, thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts