What's new

swt#3 seed.boo freebies club

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
OK here are the other two. You can see the mutant growth easy on the one smaller one. The other one is really kicking it into gear. Not bad for old seed stock. I am pretty sure the big one in veg is a male too. :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice, GrownOut!
My lone survivor is still creeping along. Started the remaining 5 on Tuesday. I think i'll grab a pack or two of the swt3 f2s Deluxe has up in case these don't make it. I sent in payment for the #4ibls back in october but i'm running out of hope that they'll show up.

picture.php

B

bench warmer

Wishing you all get frosty SPG leaning girls from these beans. :yes:

Here's a little update on my Sweet Tooth #3 that I picked up from the Bay in '08 (inspected from bulk).

She auto flowered through much of the 4.5 months of veg. These shots were taken today at 2 weeks into 12/12 bloom cycle.

It's apparent she's going to be a dense one. I hung a sulfur burner this morning (haven't used it yet) because it seems guaranteed to have PM issues otherwise. Will give her a dose of sulfur tonight after lights out/fans are off, just as a safe-guard.

At this time, she smells like feet, but it's early and I suspect the fruitier terpenes will form as she matures. Looking forward to the transformation and trich formations.

The other 2 plants in the tent are a cross I made of Soma's NYCD x Rez's Chemdog Sour Diesel. These smell much more like I thought the Toof would smell by now, but again, very early to judge.

Some details:
4x4 tent
Grown in coco with perlite
Vegged under 325 CFL's for 3 months & 400 frosted MH for 1.5 months
Mixed chem and organic ferts
Topped & supercropped
Blooming under 940 Eye Hortilux MH to HPS conversion bulb

Plant shot of ST#3
Closeup of ST#3
Canopy shot of tent - ST#3 on left side (NYCD/CDSD on right and back of tent).

:ying:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@bench warmer

Nice pics dude! I love the proactive anti-mold measure too very smart! :respect: Now remember some of the Swt #3 were more dank and spicy smelling almost like some old school Afghani so this is quite possible as they were not all sweet and sugary which was certainly the norm for most but even more fixed in the next generation. It could be a nice unique pheno man and like you said she looks to be dense already which is a plus if she remains PM free, and as you said definitely too early to tell anything for sure but so far she is looking damn good man! :good: :tiphat: Much love & +K to you! :canabis:

@ Pistil Pete I will personally make sure you get your IBL's no matter what brother so no worries my good man you know how we get down in grapefruit land ;)

B

bench warmer

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement Mr Toof. :bigeye: I'm just taking the precautionary PM actions due to the sooth-saying wisdom I've gleened from your Self and other Senior Members here with ample experience with Sweet Tooth & closely related genetics.

Not sure if I'm using the sulfur burner correctly. I'm burning it after lights out. Turned off all fans, sealed the room (the best I can manage to seal up a 4 x 4 tent) and have only run it for half an hour. Then the room is exhausted long before lights turn back on.

Any advice is always appreciated. :tiphat:

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Does the age of a seed affect the vitality of the plant once sprouted or are these stalling out on people because of the blue genes and various associated mutations?

Pine

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does the age of a seed affect the vitality of the plant once sprouted or are these stalling out on people because of the blue genes and various associated mutations?

Pine
Very good point Pinecone!
I tried different times to sprout old seeds. Some old old one was very slow to open and slow to grow, some were slow at the beginning but then recover fast. Some, most of them didn't germ at all.
Usually this leads me to think that a seed is old.
Is there any other useful detail observed?

about sw3 . Mine happened the same. One of them didn't have second pair of leaves and stands there just with cotyledons...ouch!
the other 3 mutants are slowly vegging, but got a normal asset of new leaves.
2 are doing fine.
can't wait for the smell to show...

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Once properly established (may take much longer with old seeds) the cell division and growth should be absolutely normal and the same as a seed that was only a month old in my experience. I have grown out seeds over 8 years old from my own stock, also Sweet Tooth and never saw mutants like some of these to be perfectly honest. Phillthy also did a grow using those same very old Swt seeds and there was no delay in their growth or anything else once germinated and sprouted. I'm still getting close to 100% on all my old beans. BUT, big difference is they were totally big mature healthy seeds and "first" grade seeds, not seconds.

Clarence said these were old stock FREEBIE "SECONDS" from SOL/Steve but I never saw this many mutants in the old Swt #3 line in the "first" grade seeds, but then again these were from breeder "seconds" to begin with plus they are going on a decade old now and were meant to be given away for free so that might have something to do with it. If seeds are deficient and less mature to begin with they will likely not fare many years of storage the same as a large fully mature first grade seed would. There are also mutants in the blue lines as others have said and some people have gotten mutant Swt #3 plants with that BB mutant influence in the past from original Spice of Life mixed packs that had the BH strain in with them too. I would say if you plan to make more seeds with these and have the option of choosing from multiple parents please don't use the ones that started out very slow or mutated. This is how I made sure my IBL line stayed very healthy with the #4 and highly vigorous even at an "F5" gen and that is get rid of anything that does not grow fast & healthy since germination that's just my input on the matter take it or leave it ;)

If you just want to grow & smoke it and see what comes out of it then by all means more power to you and the mutant plants but I would not put too much energy into any slow growing mutants if you plan to use them for a batch of seeds or preserving the line, there is just too much potential for those same mutations and traits to be passed on to the progency and who knows the story behind why they were sent in for freebies to begin with there very well could have been problems with the mother plants that made them or hell even a different father might have been used based on what some of these seedlings are looking like. At least some are still growing and there are some healthy typical Swt specimens being found in these so at least that is a sign of hope but remember after all they were & are FREE. If it's meant to be then it will be when it comes to attempting to grow very old and iffy seeds like these that were made way back in like 2002 - 2003 and were seconds to begin with.

Please don't forget when making seeds please only use the fittest parents you can find to begin with and in most cases you can assure high viability and good growth rates in the offpsring in the future by choosing parents that display such traits. Sweet Tooth is a very "true" breeding line in my experience with it so rest assured the seeds will likely be just like the parents used to make them. So find a healthy male AND female or multiples of each if you can and if you cannot then an outcross may be in order with something else you have available. If you have any Swt #4 IBL's it would be wise to find yourself a nice strong male out of them (not very hard at all) and I will guarantee you that the offspring will be fast growing and strong when that pollen is used to pollinate a healthy non-mutant female of the Swt #3. :good:

:plant grow: :plant grow: :plant grow: :plant grow:

Still waiting to see who is the first to make some "Swt #7" around here! (3 + 4 = 7) lol :biggrin:

Much love :canabis:

Last edited:
B

bench warmer

Hi KCS :wave:

I'm with you on anticipating her finishing. One thing I wanted to ensure was that I let her mature through a long vegetation phase before flipping to bloom, so her terpenes may have a chance to display their fuller potential.

Four months of veg, lots of supercropping & some root binding kept her in a manageable size. Adding silica has given her trunk & branches a rigidity I have yet to see in another strain.
:plant grow:

She's just shifting into high gear now. Nothing but full on essence of grapefruit these days. :dance013:

Been feeding her only organics for a couple of weeks.

Just brushed past her this morning and it reminded me to pick up some grapefruits from the market this weekend. :D I'm going to get regular and sweet pink grapefruit to figure out the difference in aromas & compare with this plant's smell.

:ying: