What's new

Swiss- Leagalize HEROIN but not WEED

pays turkey for what the invasion of afaghanstan was timed just before poppy planting season. geee and they've had bumper yields since they've produced more poppy in the last 8 yrs then they have the last 20

That's the payback that the Northern Alliance ( read band of opium warlords, who else just has a jeep with a mounted machine gun on the back?) got for helping out.

T

T.J

Well done Switzerland ! I 100% aproove the legalization of heroin program, this is very good thing. But it's indeed sad that MJ remains unlawfull. I guess that more & better information work is needed overthere. If done with heroin, there's no reason why it couldn't be so with MJ !

Irie !

:yeahthats

I think you don't really get this legalisation, it's there to HELP PEOPLE.

Actually a total legalisation of every substance would be the best thing.

And to all of you, there is a difference between giving heroin to every day people and legalising it.

soniq

Heroin gets a bad rap. It's the lifestyle that kills heroin addicts (well, and of course respiratory depression in overdoses, usually a result of fentanyl cut)

Reliable, clean heroin is entirely non-toxic on the body.

The dependence and addiction will eventually cause more problems than marijuana in more cases, but I'm fully supportive of legal and quality controlled opiates. The recidivism rate of addicts is too high to ignore them. Remove the fentanyl overdoses and help reduce harm with the lifestyle issues, that's progress.

Oxycontin has nothing to do with heroin BTW, other than that they're both mu opioid receptor agonists. Oxycodone is semi-synthetic derived from thebaine, Heroin is semi-synthetic derived from morphine. NOT the same.

Oxycontin gets a bad rap. It's a great medicine for those in chronic pain. It's certainly far from legal, CII has SERIOUS controls.

:yeahthats

I think you don't really get this legalisation, it's there to HELP PEOPLE.

Actually a total legalisation of every substance would be the best thing.

And to all of you, there is a difference between giving heroin to every day people and legalising it.

They tried the total legalisation a few years back and have retreated from it a bit, due to the likes of "Spritz Park" (needle park) in Zurich and also the trainstation in Linden as far as I remember. It got so bad there that they had to put a stop on it after a few major gang fights where uzis and glocks were being fired with impunity. That's when they decided that leaving it to the black market was not the way forward.

Kit

I should point out that heroine is not legal in switzerland, it was agreed to legally provide heroine to drug addicts to prevent health problems like with needles n stuff...

CaptainTrips

yea thats true. that shit is fucked... the only thing i can see happen to switzerland is, way more ppl are going to overdosing on heroin then ever before. they are captive to their addiction, and it will probably kill them.

Less people are going to overdose in a legal environment than an illegal one. One possible reason for not includiing marijuana, is the government already knows how little damage it does to users, legal or not.

dkmonk

Wow thats great that the swiss at least make it possible to be a functioning addict, wish the US would do that.

Instead we have people ruining their veins w/ god knows what in heroin in todays market, when it could be as simple as getting your prescription refilled for an addict, and it would cut down on the stealing, and negative junkie conotation.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
"LEGALIZING HEROIN???? how stupid do you have to be."

Stupid enough to want to help people, reduce the violence, reduce the harm, lessen the damage to society, and respect individual rights. The alternative to wanting to help people, prohibition, is a combination of Al Capone, Usama bin Laden, Manuel Noreiga, and Pablo Escobar taking the place of licensed physicians.

You said it!

OMFG i can't believe there are people so blind on this site. Ofcourse legalizing heroin and making heroin clinics is the right choice! I also agree that cannabis should be legal too. Cannabis users do not usually pose a threat..junkies kill people..

soniq

junkies kill people..

not when supply is steady....... opiated individuals are even more benign than cannabis users....

heroin crime is only due to the excruiating withdrawal i'd say.....

though I have to admit I have seen psychologically addicted cannabis users get pretty belligerent during a dry spell as well! (more likely to punch someone out or worse!)

T

T.J

It's like that with many different things,

Try to keep sugar (or caffeine if you will) from someone that is an addict. Give them a few hours and they will get cranky or even physical.

Give people what they want.as long as they only hurt themselfs.

itisme

Veteran
Glad to see so many diverse opionions. I agree with BOBBLEHEADJED!!! We know how bad weed is looked upon by some people. I don't compare weed to heroin but the ILLEGALIZATION of such drugs actually creates far more negative consequences than the drug itself.

With heroin LEGAL they have lowered crime, addicts on the streets, disease transfers etc etc. IF it is illegal, the only way to get clean is hit rock bottom. If it is legal then at least they don't have to worry about getting robbed, shot, bad drugs and lowers the chances for the spread of disease.

To keep weed illegal was really strange but they know people from all over the world will show up to CELEBRATE this.

THE WORLD DON'T WANT HEROIN THOUGH! It should be legal because any BLACK MARKET ALWAYS CREATES HIGHER LEVERS OF CRIME!

JUST NOTE: I want heroin legal because of the BLACK MARKET ISSUES not because I think people should do it not that I feel it is a safe drug. I think this is the biggest misconception when you speak about legalizing drugs.

itisme

Veteran
Amen TJ. I had a girl tell me one time that all of her family drinks but they don't do drugs. I told her that alcohol was a drug and she looked stunned. This was a 26 year old intellegent college girl too.

I AM ADDICTED TO CAFFEINE! Which is a DRUG IN DRINKS.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder if people are gonna use heroin now there instead of mj. what a mess. dont let your kids go out side barefoot.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I wonder if people are gonna use heroin now there instead of mj. what a mess. dont let your kids go out side barefoot.

Bro...you are just being thick headed about this-- It is not open legalization for Junkies to run rampant through the City...it is opening the way for certified Clinics to disperse Heroin to Addicts that apply for, and are accepted to the program-- It makes much more sense to give Chronic Addicts (Who are going to do it anyways) free heroin...instead of Methadone...which is much more detrimental to the body...and 10 times as addictive--
Lend a Junkie a hand...and he might not steal your shit--:yeahthats

CaptainTrips

Amen TJ. I had a girl tell me one time that all of her family drinks but they don't do drugs. I told her that alcohol was a drug and she looked stunned. This was a 26 year old intellegent college girl too.

I AM ADDICTED TO CAFFEINE! Which is a DRUG IN DRINKS.

Caffeine would be a "demon" too, if it was illegal and the only source was a highly potent, snortable powder...

D

dankitydank

kmk
you just made a point i believe i can agree with. if it will be done this way that is.
i still think that legalization of herion is not a very responsible idea, unless played out EXTREMELY carefully and very exclusive entrance to these programs.

D

dankitydank

i agree there are good things coming from taking it off the black market, but im not in favor of making it easier to get heroin. i appreciate that some people here dont chew me up for thinking legalization of HEROIN is not the brightest or most responsible idea.

CoonLover

I know where I am moving to. w/Heavy sarcasm

I know where I am moving to. w/Heavy sarcasm

YEAH, I can shoot up in peace
heroin-addict.jpg

heroin.jpg

itisme

Veteran
Ur so right about the FORM COCAINE is used in for most cases too CAPT'N TRIPS. I have seen NAT'L Geographic specials where the locals all nibbled or sucked on COCA leaves to get a boost much like we do CAFFEINE and other LEGAL stimli. Yes COCAINE is addictive but I have said it before, "I AM ADDICTED TO CAFFEINE". I get the meanest freaking head aches and pissed off at the drop of a hat if I start JONESING, No Joke. Not that it is as bad a COCAINE but no the less.

Last edited: