What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Silver Hizzaze

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
alright fj. it is about time for me to take my clones and flower. do you think it would be ok to flower them a bit and then clone so i can take larger clones or just do it and then flower? I have confirmed 4/8 to be females so I am happy. The other four are males so I will look out for one to produce some resin hopefully. I just really want to know about that cloning. take them now, let heal, then flower, or take after flowering starts? any other info on cloning them would be appreciated. thanks brother.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you can take them after inducing flowering , so a bit of flowering hormones are present in the cut . those hormones will reduce the stretch slightly , as they need not to be build everytime from zero on ... , jeah i got a ~ 50% f/m too as well as most others who grew em
a tip for the males : if any is resinated youll see it in the first 3 weeks of flowering , resin starts to form on the flower-leafes first , after those are resinated , the sacks are big enough that the glands can be seens on this as well

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
best is to prune their lowest branches , so that the plant focuses the energy to the lights . take those pruned branches and use it as a clone donor ;) , there will be NO sighn of revegg , when cloned from flowering day 7-14 , you can get them to root untill 25 days , but they need more time to get back to ~ stress free veg if taken that late ....

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thank you very much for your quick reply. I will induce flowering soon and take clones about 7 days in. I will move my males to a room with just fluoros and see what happens with them in 12/12. I am hoping to get a resinated one. If not, I have a really nice branchy male in mind that has kept great color the whole grow.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well here is the update guys and gals. they have been in their 2 gallon pots now for a few weeks and some nice branches are starting to form now. there is a pic of the whole cab including my males and the individual pics are only of the females.

my question on cloning is do I take the good branches from the lst or do I take the smaller branches after flowering for 7 days and hope they stretch a bit?

Anyways here are the pics, let me know what you all think.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ft , dont take those branches , that you trained that way to reach their current position.
take those which arent illuminated right , or are on the bottom of the plants , everything you cut away from the bottom will increase the hormone-transport to the top of the plant.
If you never cloned beofre : just take the baddest, smallest branches at day 1 of flowering , try to clone them ... 7 days later do this again , add those clones to the other one´s , at day 14 again ... , so you got 3 chance´s to get at least 1 clone per fem to root ... [ it easy possible to 2 clone´s per round of pruning,ssH got a semi-full symmetrical branch growth ]

good luck

Fj

Last edited:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
today the light was switched to a HPS and put into a 12/12 cycle. they were given 1/2 cup per gallon of fox farm big bloom and will be cloned in a few days (once I can get people to stop going over to my house and I have time for myself and my plants). I will update my whole grow report and diary soon with pictures. I want to track my males to see if there is anything special here and also my females.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mysta- make sure you do a smoke report on those ladies, lookin good.

Well I went ahead and made Greatful Heads cloner. I took two clones off each of my 4 males for practice. I also want to flower each one of the clones and see if any get resinated. Then I will pollinate this grow with the one I flower that I like and keep the other as a father. In the picture to remember which plant they were here is the break down-
d d c c
b b a a

notes for each of clones
a- smells like the silver haze I have smoked-sweet and spicy, a little shorter with nice branches from lst
b- similar in size and growth pattern to a but with a more earthy musky smell-maybe a result of being more skunk, also had lots of purple stems and hues to the leaves.
c- taller, more chemical smelling
d- tall but not as branchy as c, same type of smell as c.

Here are the pictures of the 4 ladies in their cab enjoying their room and stretching. They will be cloned today.

Last edited:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To keep everyone updated on what has been done so far this grow I am going to post my most updated growlog. This also helps me remember what is going on. :joint: Hopefully this log can give some people that may not be very experienced with growing some insight. Also if anyone sees something that I am doing wrong or an area that I can do things better in let me know. I can take constructive criticism. Thank you all, peace and smoke.

8/18- seeds in mug of water
8/19- seeds put in wet paper towel and then in to a open sandwhich bag in a dark and warm spot
8/21- 35/65 perlite/seedling starter mix put in 5.5 inch square pots and wet the mixture with room temperature water and a few drops of superthrive
8/22- misted tops of soil to make sure moisture was maintained
8/23- 10/10 have popped above the soil and they were misted to keep humidity up
8/27- watered the plants with 2 drops of superthrive per gallon
9/3- 1/4 tsp of microblast + 1 tsp of pureblend grow per gallon of water
9/10- aerated the top of the soil with a fork to get air to roots and break up clumps at the top
9/12- fed all ten plants a total of 1.5 gallons of water with 4 drops of superthrive per gallon. no ferts this time because the last feeding was a bit premature and I saw some burning. patience grasshopper, no more jumping the gun.
9/16- started LST at 5-6 inches tall
Here are some early pictures just to document as much as I can.
9/18- transplanted into 2 gallon pots. 2 mutants were culled. The soil mix consists of FFOF soil, FF Light Warrior, Perlite, small amounts of bone and blood meal, and added lime for ph adjustment. They were watered in to their new pots with 1/2 gallon each containing half a tsp of PB grow and 2 drops of superthrive.
9/23- aerated top of soil with fork, confirmed 2/8 ladies
9/26- 1.5 tsp microblast in my foliar feeder, sprayed until wet, lots left over in spray bottle, watered as well with 4 drops of superthrive per gallon.
9/27- sprayed down with the microblast foliar feed again, trying to help fix what looks like a little magnesium deficientcy.
9/28- 4/8 confirmed ladies, foliar feed with microblast again, all from the first bottle of spray I made.
10/4- ligth swtiched to HPS for 12/12 43 days after planting and everything was re-tied to make for the most even canopy possible, fed 1/2 cup of Fox Farm Big Bloom per gallon of water.
10/7- took two clones off of each male and discarded them, this was a practice cloning to make sure it all goes right for the females.
10/9- misted with same microblast foliar feed
10/11- added some superthrive to microblast foliar feed and misted. fed 1 tsp. of pureblend bloom per gallon. took female clones.
10/12- got some blockehead and ak48 clones going now. hope they root.
10/17- 2 tsp of blackstrap molasses per gallon of water given. showed nute burn from last feeding. dont know if it is burn or manganese lockout really. droopy before the watering, should have watered sooner. perked up nicely after watering. all is ok.

Last edited:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a small nute problem on one of my plants and I let it go too long and one plant lost a lot of leaves because they burned off. The feeding last time must have been too much or it was a manganese lockout. Look at my pictures and let me know what you think it was. You can see a before watering picture and an after watering pic. they just wanted some water. Also I added the black strap molasses this time to the water instead of any nutrients. What do you think about blackstrap fellas?

Last edited:

The Budfather

hey man its looking good keep it up dont slack when it comes to problems like overfert the longer they sit the worse they are. ive found you can usually see signs of overfert within 24 hours so make sure ya keep an eye out next time. other than that your doing very well. how has the stretch been so far?

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I just got lazy and watched them burn. Just too busy I guess. It wont happen again. Only one plant was sensitive anyways. They have nto stretched that much at all. i am about two weeks in and I wish they would throw another foot of growth out. Too short for my cab. I wanted 3 footers. Lst ing them im sure has helped.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ft100 said:
Yeah I just got lazy and watched them burn. Just too busy I guess. It wont happen again. Only one plant was sensitive anyways.

wait untill the stretch has ended , ft . this is 50% Haze - its ok for them to stretch untill day ~ 35 .. and yeah to the burn thing , i recommend flushing once a week when doing them on a stronger nute regime . i hope you find your way

Fj

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
day 44 is here. 26 or so more days. they are on books to keep them all level. check out the book i put under my favorite plant. :) the cola shot is my favorite plant. they smell so sweet and spicy. mmmmmmmmmmm

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very good my friend ;) i think you got it dialed in , Kudos , now try to keep the nutes right :)

have fun

Fj