What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Silver Hizzaze

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well people, it is that time again. I know I have talked about my upcoming SSH (super silver haze) grow in chat and have posted questions all over getting info on this strain and now it is going down. I plan on trying to keep a mother plant, collecting pollen from some males, and hopefully using this in some crosses later on.

The beans are f2s from fj that I bought from seedbay. I believe they are from the original stock as well. They have been germinated and 10/10 had little taproots coming out and they have been planted into 5.5 inch square pots.

I have grown Nirvana's AK48 and Bubblicious with great success and expect the quality to be a lot more impressive with this grow. If any of you have any suggestions or information about the strain please let me know.

I will try to keep a detailed grow log at the top of this thread. That way if someone happens to stumble upon it they will be updated right away. I will continue to edit this log and keep it right here.

8/18- seeds in mug of water
8/19- seeds put in wet paper towel and then in to a open sandwhich bag in a dark and warm spot
8/21- 35/65 perlite/seedling starter mix put in 5.5 inch square pots and wet the mixture with room temperature water and a few drops of superthrive
8/22- misted tops of soil to make sure moisture was maintained
8/23- 10/10 have popped above the soil and they were misted to keep humidity up
8/27- watered the plants with 2 drops of superthrive per gallon
9/3- 1/4 tsp of microblast + 1 tsp of pureblend grow per gallon of water
9/10- aerated the top of the soil with a fork to get air to roots and break up clumps at the top
9/12- fed all ten plants a total of 1.5 gallons of water with 4 drops of superthrive per gallon. no ferts this time because the last feeding was a bit premature and I saw some burning. patience grasshopper, no more jumping the gun.
9/16- started LST at 5-6 inches tall
Here are some early pictures just to document as much as I can.
9/18- transplanted into 2 gallon pots. 2 mutants were culled. The soil mix consists of FFOF soil, FF Light Warrior, Perlite, small amounts of bone and blood meal, and added lime for ph adjustment. They were watered in to their new pots with 1/2 gallon each containing half a tsp of PB grow and 2 drops of superthrive.
9/23- aerated top of soil with fork, confirmed 2/8 ladies
9/26- 1.5 tsp microblast in my foliar feeder, sprayed until wet, lots left over in spray bottle, watered as well with 4 drops of superthrive per gallon.
9/27- sprayed down with the microblast foliar feed again, trying to help fix what looks like a little magnesium deficientcy.
9/28- 4/8 confirmed ladies, foliar feed with microblast again, all from the first bottle of spray I made.
10/4- ligth swtiched to HPS for 12/12 43 days after planting and everything was re-tied to make for the most even canopy possible, fed 1/2 cup of Fox Farm Big Bloom per gallon of water.
10/7- took two clones off of each male and discarded them, this was a practice cloning to make sure it all goes right for the females.

Christmas mug for Christmas buds....patience.....

Beans a floatin' in the mug soaked overnight until they float no more

Germ temps and rh

Little tails after 24 hours, need a bit longer

After 32 hours in the wet paper towel they are planted in seedling starter mix

pull up a seat and light a fatty heads. this one is going to take a while. :drum:

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
these are the 2 main pheno´s you will find -

NL#5/Haze

Haze/Sk

the Hz/sk clone pictured was fim´ed 1 week before the photo was taken ...

good luck

Fj

PS: if youre lucky enough you can find this ..... ~ found him after going through ~ 80 ssH f2´s

Last edited:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey fj, on my pack of seeds it says NL/Haze pheno on it. I am guessing this means that I will get more NL/Haze phenos in this batch? Is there any main differences between the 2 phenos that I really have to look out for as far as stretch, # of days flowering, and quality? I know I have heard you speak of the catpiss pheno. I am very interested in this one and would like to know what to look for for this one as well.

you know, you could always send some of that sweet pollen my way :chin:

anyhoo, peace and smoke friends. I will update this with as many pictures and grow information as I can.

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ft100 said:
hey fj, on my pack of seeds it says NL/Haze pheno on it. I am guessing this means that I will get more NL/Haze phenos in this batch? Is there any main differences between the 2 phenos that I really have to look out for as far as stretch, # of days flowering, and quality? I know I have heard you speak of the catpiss pheno. I am very interested in this one and would like to know what to look for for this one as well.

you know, you could always send some of that sweet pollen my way :chin:

anyhoo, peace and smoke friends. I will update this with as many pictures and grow information as I can.

the catpiss pheno is a haze/skunker pheno , but there is a small chance that you get it , as i used a hz/sk male as pollen donor ..
the Nl/hz means only that the beans were picked of from a Nl/Hz fem !

IMHO both pheno´s are primo , its just the personal taste which one stays ...

and NO , this male is for breeding only -

have fun

Fj

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is a NL/hz pheno @ 40 days flowering

and here a Hz/sk pheno @ the same

i have to add that i culled all of both pheno´s that were more influenced with sk or nl , as i want to go the haze route ! so its possible that you find some plants that look more indica styled ...

Fj

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thank you for the info fj. you can't blame me for trying on the pollen. that male looks killer. if you put some f3s up on the bay or need some testers I will definitely spend the money. if I smoked a joint of the skunk/haze pheno and then the nl/haze pheno the next day. how would I be able to tell which was which. taste difference, buzz? thank you for your time and breeding fj. keep up the work man. :respect:

here are pictures of the 10 babies.

here is a pic of the breeder pack for this grow.

last harvest of 6 bubblicious to hold some of the bud lovers over for now

peace and smoke to all. send some fast growing vibes my way....patience.....

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ft100 said:
if I smoked a joint of the skunk/haze pheno and then the nl/haze pheno the next day. how would I be able to tell which was which. taste difference, buzz?

Def yes , the Nl/hz is straight heavy spicy smoke with a soaring and motivated buzz after some time when the high/stone reaches its peak , a good portion body gets to the mix giving a full bodied and very disoriented head if smoked to much ...
sk/hz is just a bit different from taste and look , its more dense (sk pheno´s , not the hazey ones ... ) and more ... plain skunky , bit pissy > catpiss pheno ,
with a heavy spicy undertone , so all in all they are ~ they´re nearly ident , just expressing the other side of the ssH - spectrum ... as all batches of ssH f2´s they are more hazey than skunky or nl influenced as i culled all indy styled f1´s -the same with those f2s :tongue:

Fj

PS:i hear you ft ;)

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yutdawg said:
awesome information, there almost look like they could be the same plant

to 50 % is this true -
I used a haze dom Haze/skunker pheno as pollen donor and 3 fem´s

*catpiss pheno (Hz/sk)
*Nl5/Hz pheno
*a mutant ssH

thats the mutant - no yield and a high thats so incredible focused that you instantly take on the tunnel view of the world , it denie´s the eyes to focus a point sharp after some heavy tokes ... this is nothing for non smoker´s !

Fj

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if something will hit the bay again its very limited and most batches will go for BuyNow to a fair price of 3-8 $ per bean ... like the pack ft got ;)

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are some of the last pix of my ssH f2 breeder male , sucking up the midday sun and glistening in resin ... crazy ; at certain parts of the male the stem is resinated like a leaf or a flower cluster :chin: ... the smell is very complex and pungent to say the least when heated up from the sun - spicy , skunky , fruity , even the really hazey creaminess comes through now :yummy:

good luck on your journey ft !

Fj

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey fj. 2 of my 10 seedlings have no points on their first set of leaves. I was just wondering if you have seen this before and what pheno it might be. The other 8 have pointed leaves. I will post pics tomorrow. Let me know if you have seen this rounded leaf charactersitc before. Peace my friend.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fjällhöga said:
to 50 % is this true -
I used a haze dom Haze/skunker pheno as pollen donor and 3 fem´s

*a mutant ssH

thats the mutant - no yield and a high thats so incredible focused that you instantly take on the tunnel view of the world , it denie´s the eyes to focus a point sharp after some heavy tokes ... this is nothing for non smoker´s !

Fj

thats the one , with no sets of leafes , ft , its the same with my sk/hz pheno.. but give it time , it yields shit but its killer smoke ... and the others will yield better and IMHO , go for the other two pheno´s as a mom or pollen donor if you want to cross/breed ...

Fj

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SativaBelieva said:
Hej hej, Fj, nice show off... that male of yours has the looks!
SB

Yeah i know sati ;) , nice to see your here , hows it with the Ecsd ? whats going with her ? I think it will be more than interesting to see his progeny being tested ! im sure there will pop some gems !

Fj