What's new

Super Silver Haze which breeder?

mister nice all the way ...

I have 4 MNS SSH pheno...and I can't even choose 1 keeper.....they all have their good side.....

SSH maybe not the biggest yielder but its awesome weed for sure !

l33t

Veteran
There is only one real Super Silver Haze the one from Mr Nice Seedbank.Period

One of the best hybrids out there..and almost every plant from a pack is a keeper..

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr Nice all the way we all know people's opinions on greenhouse and i would agree with most 18 seeds from Shanti thats killa find a good male cross it with your best female and you have SSH for life...

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How many of yo have grown or even smoked SSH [MSN] and SSH [GHSco] ?

There's lots of presumption on this thread ,, mostly based on hearsay... !

We agree feminized seeds don't give much back to the community,, but they grew just fine these sides.

peace dLeaf :joint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADayC0-lOYk

l33t

Veteran
I have grown MrNice SSH , and smoked it obviously..and I also smoked GHS SSH numerous times in Amsterdam and from friends that grew it..similar but inferior..still good job for a hack/f2..lol its not that hard even for a first time grower to replicate a strain ..only needs STS or a good select male and a female..

I ve smoked lots of times GHS bud , various strains from their coffee shops and fellow growers that grow their lines..have to say MNS plants are consistently better in all aspects..

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MSN line has a full range of specimens from short NL dom plants through to tall long flowering Thai plants (we cloned em all). GHSco reg line contains more of the Thai in lineage., while their Fem. line displays even less diversity (again we cloned em).

Much is down to personal preference,, we know dogs that really dislike growing and smoking the taller plants ,, and some cats that love them,., and visa versa,, :D

Peace n Love

l33t

Veteran
Yes there is variation in the plant structure with MNS SSH but the quality of the end product is consistent. I think I remember Shanti mentioned that MNS strains are stable n ready for the market when they show 70% uniformity in phenos , but with the Haze lines when the 70% are similar in taste/aroma.

Anyway I don't like fakes so I would always go with MNS which is the original parent holder (all straight from Neville)..

Personally I found a great NL short pheno that yielded great and had great hard buds covered in frost , yet had very hazy looking leaves , was more thin bladed than the rest. I prefered the smoke from the tall late finishers though..and these are the ones I 'd keep..even if less practical..guess that makes me a cat huh ? lol :)

njayjay

Seems like people are pretty biased in favor of MNS in here. That dude a couple pages back was trying to make it sound like im gonna get all hermies and males if i bought the GHS fem version... Is he supposed to be some kind of breeder?

Also whats up with the wild pheno variance im seeing in the MNS seeds version? I thought this strain was supposed to be stable?

Peace

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
How many of yo have grown or even smoked SSH [MSN] and SSH [GHSco] ?

There's lots of presumption on this thread ,, mostly based on hearsay... !

I luv this guy.

I bought the GHS regular (non-fem) version because they were available and cheaper. I realize the cheaper comes by virtue of 5-8 fewer seeds, but I don't really have the room to grow an entire pack of 18 seeds, nor do I want to spend two long grows on SSH as there is a lot of other stuff I want to try.

As a side note - I can never see spending $160 on a pack of seeds when there is so much good stuff available for less than half the price.

Pine

njayjay

Yep despite all the noise I for one am more inclined to get the GHS, much simpler for the average grower. I'm not looking to buy Super Silver Haze to go thru all this kinda hassle. Theres better Haze strains out there that merit that kind of attention. Not looking to breed either. With a 5-pack of GHS feminized seeds i probably get 2 SSH mothers I'm happy with. No wild pheno variance.

I'd definitely go with some other kind of haze for the money one of those MNS 18 packs cost.
Something like Soma Seeds' Amnesia Haze, or Barney's Farm G13xHaze.

amoril

its like asking...

is there a difference between a 2 star and a 4 star restaurant?

Sure, you can satisfy your hunger at both, and the 2-star is usually cheaper...

but sometimes, you get what you pay for. Original genetics, and best-in-the-business customer service are why I will always recommend MNS over anyone who has knocked shanti or nevil's strains off.

just like, only Paradise Sensi Star, or Serious AK47....why would you want to pay someone for work they didnt do?

G

Hi njayjay

Its my belief that much of the negativity directed at Ghs, is based actually on a misunderstanding of standard business models and practices and has no relevance whatsoever to the quality of their seeds.

An objective review of the facts will provide you with a partial but more reliable answer to your question.

Facts would indicate that Arjan is leading the industry in every respect, forcing nearly all of his cometitors to lower standard seed prices and forcing others, even sensi seeds, into the femmed seed business in order to compete. Look at all of the femmed offerings. Every one is the result of competition brought on by DP and GHs. I suspect at some point, other breeders my have to actually provide some info about their products in order to compete with the info he provides about his products.

Arjan is a highly competent business manager, heads above any of his competitors. Fems, color coding, aggressive marketing, he just doesnt have an equal and except for DP, no real competition.

Competency in managers, regaurdless of their product, is rarely restricted to just one area such as marketing. Undoubtedly, Arjan understands that he can market his products and undercut competitor prices until the cows come home to absolutely no avail if the seeds he sells wont support his claims. From a business perspective, that is a death nail. Even if he knows nothing about breeding, he has found people that do and is using their knowledge to gain advantage just as any competent business manager would do, regaurdless of the nature of the product. His success is telling of his skills.

The very fact that GH seeds continue to sell at an accelerated rate over time in the face of constantly negative reviews, while having respected industry breeders express disdain for the product, is proof of their high quality. Only the highest quality products will continue to increase in sales in the face of such consumer animosity.

After growing a couple of GHs varieties, i know that he understands the product quality paradigm. The SSH seeds from them will be good. The hermie complaints regaurding fems are invalid and the result of indoor stress and grower error. If they truly were that unstable, you wouldn't see everybody and their brother trying to make and sell them. We are several years into the development and sales of femminised seeds and if there were inherent problems of quality, they would quicky fall in popularity. Instead, thier popularity grows over time. That fact alone is telling..

happy growing

Rockster

I've had personal experience with Arjan,he's not into cannabis,or the people that grow it,he's into money,pure and simple.

And as for the bubblehead dolls,sheesh!

I had a chat with him at a hempfair to discuss possible tobacco mosiac virus or hemp streak virus on a sample(in biologically sealed container,I'm not an idiot)of White Widow and not only did he not know what I was talking about,as soon as he heard this wasn't GH WW his attitude changed completely and started yammering on this happened because of inferior genetics.

Well,that told me he doesn't know much(thought so!)as there is no resistance to these virus's generally speaking I and didn't like his nasty money grubbing attitude.

As for Gh leading the way,well,femmed beans are hardly doing the cannabis grower a favour,more taking the piss if you ask me.

So he can name terpenes,big deal,a gimmick that in no way helps us,just like that thc % strength nonsense.

Arjan can go swivel,the **** of cannabis.

amoril

funny you would mention the mosaic virus

only plants Ive ever had ANY inkling that I had it, 2 GHS beans I have going right now. You really do get what you pay for...they threw in a pathogen at no extra cost :wallbash:

D

Dalaihempy

what every one fails to relise is arjan never came in contact with the perents of ssh or nh for that matter so how did he and ghs make seeds mmm easy they got f1s from a company that offers them.

Fact is at the time neville and shanti were part of GHS the person that made and supplied the ssh and NH was nevile and he did the production so use your common sence and work it out for your selfs.

Rockster

Are you sure it's a virus and do you have other plants in your grow with them?

Virus's are awful to deal with as the virus particles get everywhere and can reinfect things really easily.

Standard drill is everything in the growroom gets a hot bleach wash,everything,including lights,bulbs and reflectors.

Then repeat.

Better still,seal the room and burn every organic molecule in there with ozone.

I'm a tobacco smoker I shamefully admit,roll ups,so I handle tobacco( it carries the virus)and that was probably the source and I had a bit of spidermite in my grow,had it under control but the few boogers still alive made sure all plants quickly succumbed to the virus as their puncturing leaves when feeding is an efficient vector for virus transmision.

In fairness to Arjan,it's unlikely the seeds arrived infected but I could be wong and tbh I hope you are amoril as it's a right fecker to get and even worse to get rid of.

What symptoms have you been showing?

Sorry to go off topic but this is important.

njayjay

The petty attempts at putting down GH in this thread have only reinforced my views of them. Now I\m gonnna go out and buy GH. The guy tellin me i would get all hermies was especially weak. Congratulations, you just sold GH's seeds for them.

I'd rather buy from the businessman than the shady dope dudes spreading misinformation.

Peace

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
what every one fails to relise is arjan never came in contact with the perents of ssh or nh for that matter so how did he and ghs make seeds mmm easy they got f1s from a company that offers them.

Lots of possibilities here:
(i) They actually did retain the parent stock (you don't really know unless you were there when assets were chopped).
(ii) They did their own selections on hazeXskunk and hazeXNL to come up with the SSH they are selling
(iii) They are selling F2s

Given what DocLeaf reports about the relative consistency of the GHS line, it seems rather unlikely that they are selling F2s of a 4-way cross. Such a line would likely be highly variable - more variable than GHS SSH is reported to be.

Pine

Latest posts

Latest posts