What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Malawi Haze

sublingual

Here is the one ready for trimming. It only reached about 3/4 meter. The plants were started (seed soak) Mar. 1 and may have suffered a bit from the cold in the early days (I live in almost alpine area).
IMG_2147.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She looks promising @OntologicalTurn beautiful, natural green color and great size for a good yield at the end of the ride! She also responded well to pruning with those 2 strong, main apical stems. SMH usually starts to flower around late August at 37ºN latitude, probably a bit earlier at your southern latitude. Are preflowers showing stronger day by day ?

How are your 2 SMHs doing dear @Ur Humbl Nr8tor ? Are they planted in the ground ?

Congrats on your harvest @sublingual :D Looks like you got a good yield! Big, great looking flowers despite plant lost most of the main leaves through flowering stage. How would you describe the aromas before harvest time ?

sublingual

The SMH plant has more of a medicinal taste, greasier than the Golden Tiger. I have vaped both of these and the Golden Tiger may need a cure to bring out its full potential. Overall I like the Golden Tiger pheno that I got a bit better than this pheno of SMH. I'm really looking forward to the big girl in the previous picture she is starting to resin up. I'm going to run her as long as she's willing.
The Golden Tiger high is reminiscent from the Thai we got from returnees of Vietnam War. I haven't had that type since back then. I've had other Thai, but it was different. We had a saying back then: Vietnamese was good but Thai weed was better.
Both of these plants were easy to grow and top notch for seed plants. 5 Stars.:thank you:

sublingual

The plants were dusted SMG pollen early and removal of seeds is easy since they are on the stem and lower branches and not deep in the buds. Both varieties will be kept separate and go into dry sift and then edibles. I want to see how different and suitable each are and compare it to commercial sativa distillate used previously.
Vaping the SMH felt like I had too much coffee while the Tiger was more subtle but similar.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your positive feedback on your early smoking tests @sublingual Pleased to know Golden Tiger is reminicent of old Thai strains from youth. Both strains really start to shine after approx 3 mounths of curing. Enjoy ;)

I like a lot the sound of your own Haze cross @Vappeldi :D Purple Oldtimer's Haze, Nevil's Haze and Killer Malawi in a single line! As far as i can appreciate in your pic, she looks Purple Oldtimer's Haze dominant with that flower structure and those colorful stems. Would love to hear your insights on PHM, SMH and the cross you made between them.

Hi @Ur Humbl Nr8tor thanks for the updates, glad to see your SMH already in flowering. Structurally she looks more like a clone than a plant from seed. If she hardly hasn't produced leaves with more than 5 leaflets is because the soil has somewhat stunted its growth and development.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Well dubi, she definitely was stunted as she was sprouted much earlier this year and because she was kept for so long in a small pot, she’s almost like a clone. Definitely the smallest plant being grown this season…but she seems to be coming around and looks as if she will flower well. I don’t need super yielding plants, honestly…so will be happy if she flowers in good form.

Cactus Squatter

Unfortunately, dubi… I went out of town and there must have been a gap in the metal mesh I had around the plants base because one of the tree rats (most likely) chewed it 3/4 of the way through. Killed it mid-flower. Alas, no SMH for me this year.
That sucks! I lost around 1/3 of my giant ace mutt plant this year to rats chewing it up. Never had issues before with them. Ended up finding their nest and letting my dog throw them around the yard.

Pretty sure I’m going to run a SMH this next summer outdoors.

i.love.scotch

I am looking to try these seeds out but can't decide between the Regs or Fems. Has anyone run both and can speak to any differences between them? I prefer regs but I'm not sure the difference in parentage here.

Kind regards