What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Congo

OZZ_

Veteran
I've seen the claw at the leaf tip. I've seen what some refer to as taco leaf - I think that's heat related though and I've seen burnt tips.
I'll have to watch for this one in the garden though. Would you say it's genetic or just one of the many ways plants show stress - the curling we're seeing here, not clawing?

Well, others may have different experiences than mine and I hope they feel free to chime in if they do in the name of learning. That said, tacoing with the leaf edges curling up is for sure most commonly caused by heat stress.

Burnt tips = too high overall EC

Traditional clawing = too much nitrogen / nitrogen toxicity.

In this case, those specific lower leaves have an overly dark appearance which I associate with as excess nitrogen. Additionally the leaf curl is down…. This reads to me as excess nitrogen and since I’m familiar with this specific plant I know she reacts this way at 1.4 EC in veg…. As mentioned last time it appeared as conventional clawing.

TBH I have never seen this specifically listed in any book or online as nitrogen toxicity…. I’m coming to this conclusion because of those reasons mentioned above and plus…. It just “looks” like too much N.

Hope that makes sense. Also point to note is all the foliage higher up is fine now that she’s been flipped into flowering, and I know this plant to behave that way as well. I’ll probably just pluck those few lower leaves off so I don’t have to look at them anymore 😂😂😂

OZZ_

Veteran
Super Congo day 7 of 11/13

1.4 EC 5.8 PH 83F deg 45% RH 1.9 kPa

IMG_1773.jpeg

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I took my girl at 70 days, fully cloudy. Here’s a shot of a 10 day dried sample. The smell and taste both are something that reminds me of the peel/rind of some kind of fruit, not citrus at all, but more evergreen and sweet, no pine…complex. The high is what I love to call a stupid high, as in I went in the kitchen to do something, and did three other things before I remembered why I originally went in there. And kind of just blankly looking at nothing in particular. To sum it up, I really love this weed and will grow it again soon.
IMG_2399.jpeg