What's new

Subrob Hash

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18749690
Silverberries dry sift-hand pressed. Silverberries is unreleased seeds from Riot. A Perfect pearl female x Bluebonnet. Pp is Silver pearl s1. Bluebonnet in DJ's blueberry worked to f4 back in the day by Lonestar. This 3.2g chunk is about 55ish days into a 6 month cure
R.I.P. to chunk I started the thread with. 🤣
Ive never milked an 1/8th of hash like I stretched that chunk out! Lolol. Or an 1/8th of anything!!
Best hash I've made to date. Certainly the longest cure. 7 months + by the time I finished it tonight.
Now I'm about to smoke thru...I can't remember how much hash I made this last time..but I started it off with this chunk...about a month cure, I'll have to go back and check. Lolstarted w this little chunker:
IMG_20230124_021733518.jpg

SmellyFlorist

Tx for the reply... iv just been using my nail as a hot knife through a water pipe. FF bubble hash with a 2month cure leaves only a little ash...
I woulda thought all your sift would melt, none would cherry....
Again tx for posting

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So yeah....I'm not stoked on that latest batch of hash I made. Not clean enough. I mean, it's gets me high like a muthrfukr. And it tastes good. And I mean, it's concentrated thc ..lol...but in this particular....form it's harder on the lungs, for example. Rougher than flower or really clean hash. And I prefer the taste of the full melt.
Good emergency stash. I SHOULD just save it all, but on top of some local ice cream cake...hmmm.
Ya fuck it. I guess I like it.
Thanks for listening, I feel better.😂
IMG_20230214_095436171_HDR.jpg

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So yeah....I'm not stoked on that latest batch of hash I made. Not clean enough. I mean, it's gets me high like a muthrfukr. And it tastes good. And I mean, it's concentrated thc ..lol...but in this particular....form it's harder on the lungs, for example. Rougher than flower or really clean hash. And I prefer the taste of the full melt.
Good emergency stash. I SHOULD just save it all, but on top of some local ice cream cake...hmmm.
Ya fuck it. I guess I like it.
Thanks for listening, I feel better.😂
View attachment 18810547
Dude bubble on top of a bowl is top notch, I dont even care if it’s not too melty, good source material is gonna make good smoke

Last edited:

moose eater

These arrived today. Off eBay. Shop in Montreal. Stoked.
View attachment 18812616
I had 2 of the book with the temple balls on the cover. Found the second one of them on a book shelf for freebies in the foyer at our local log-cabin post office, and gifted one to someone later on. Still have the first copy I received from a former partner. Good stuff.

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are your go to methods atm, sub?
Hey man... sorry took so long...logged on a couple times but wanted to take my time answering. Lol
So...over the last two years I've tried a few different basic techniques. Made multiple different grades. Went thru a nostalgic phase recently where I was trying to replicate the basic brick hash that was imported in the 80s.
Currently I'm of the opinion that I enjoy cleaner than "traditional" sifted grade. Shit, videos on YouTube and Instagram show multi generational hash farmers in Asia using forms of static technique. If they like it cleaner than back in my childhood, why wouldn't I? Lol. Take my cues from OGs!
I haven't fucked w too much static. Though I live in the desert now where conditions are perfect for it 8/12 months a year! I have however, carded and bounced the shit out of kief on on a 220 mesh/73 (?) Micron screen. But even then I'm not cleaning the heads to the point bubbleman, for example, does. I still like the texture of a hash chunk. And the taste and effect of a WORKED piece of hash. Especially after it's been cured up for approximately 2-3 months. You can smell and taste the chemical interactions at that point. Some call it degradation, I understand, but it seems like a perfect point to me.
Also, I've used external heat from my press to work chunks, but I think maybe I used too little to make the difference I thought it would. The absolute best piece I've made was in MY category of 'super clean' and was worked only by hand for probably an hour and a half.
Still sooooo many factors to learn. And questions out the ass. The only way for me to answer them is keep experimenting.
I read everything I can find. I annoy the piss out of a few people w questions. Many people nowadays are learning the science, which skips many traditional hash making steps, and can't answer some basic shit. It's crazy the lack of science on the subject of the chemical process that occurs in traditional hash. But I understand because there are so many factors that go into it. From strain, to environment plants were grown in, dried in, cured in, separated in, to curing the heads, to how you smash em, etc etc etc.
I came into this thinking it was like growing herb. That I would find a blueprint somewhere that I could latch onto, start to finish, and tweak it from there. So far, nope. I think of it as the last great mystery of cannabis processing. Lol.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And bear in mind, when I give a time limit on a hash chunk like I did above, I generally work pieces that weigh 2-4 grams. Not the big handfuls we see on YouTube and ig. Lol. More size obviously means more time

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What amount of heat/temperature were you using on your press?
Again, small pieces...2-3g...
I would heat press too 100°F
Flatten hash
Fold up, flatten again.
Then work by hand a little bit in between presses. I think I only did 4 presses per piece.
And I didn't leave it on press for longer than it took me to flatten it...so maybe 10 seconds on the heat each time.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
This is a killer thread and very informative. I haven't heard you say anything about the water you use for ice. What kind of water do you use to make bubble hash out of?

For the cleanest hash use,
Super ultra-purified water, tap water can work in a pinch, but what you really want to use is ultra-purified water. Purified water takes out chlorine, fluoride, and other chemicals that can be found in tap water and make your bubble hash taste bad. Use only the cleanest, purest, finest water you can get your hands on to make the ice residue free. Also, you can wash the weed with clean water before tumbling. You got me interested in making some again. I think its time. Thanks.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a killer thread and very informative. I haven't heard you say anything about the water you use for ice. What kind of water do you use to make bubble hash out of?

For the cleanest hash use,
Super ultra-purified water, tap water can work in a pinch, but what you really want to use is ultra-purified water. Purified water takes out chlorine, fluoride, and other chemicals that can be found in tap water and make your bubble hash taste bad. Use only the cleanest, purest, finest water you can get your hands on to make the ice residue free. Also, you can wash the weed with clean water before tumbling. You got me interested in making some again. I think its time. Thanks.
Thanks!! I'm not that big on the water hash anymore, the process of. Always used RO water during the years we made it. Though the full mesh bags unclefishstick uses apparently change that process greatly. (For someone w nerve issues like myself).

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks!! I'm not that big on the water hash anymore, the process of. Always used RO water during the years we made it. Though the full mesh bags unclefishstick uses apparently change that process greatly. (For someone w nerve issues like myself).
Sorry to hear about your nerve issues friend. You have pretty hash Is everything you do dry?

Latest posts

Latest posts