What's new

Structures of Fear, Anger, and Desire!

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
i've done my share of unhealthy eating sso...believe me

and unlike you...I have eaten every day of my life :laughing:

I like all food, and have been a little overweight because of that all my life, by little I mean 10-15kg over ideal weight...lol

At one time, when I gained a little more than I wanted, I studied all kinds of information and found the Tom Venuto eBook, called Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle, and it blew me away

This dude is like the Buddha of weight-loss, he broke down the nutrition and execise completely in understandable language and explained how to create an individual approach that was perfect for me

I went from 110 kg to 80 kg in a year, and gained about 5 kg in lean muscle mass, so basically I lost 35 kg of fat, and this was all done without dieting, i ate 5 times per day, average sized meals, brken down using these percentages

30% lean meat

50% high quality complex carbs

20% good fats

plus cardio and weight training on a regular basis, every week

fuck, i even started to see a six pack for the first time in my life, as i got closer and closer to 80 kg

and then the massive hunger hit my ass, and i could not live with it, so I gained back 15 kg and feel fine at 95 kg currently

I also think that happiness is an important, if not the most important element of our life, i even wrote that thread about happiness, maybe you saw it, don't know

but, in it, my main point was that happiness is being happy with whatever one experience, and regardless of what one experiences.

this is not easy, because the self-mind is always projecting into the future, imagining that happiness will be reached when we reach a certain goal or experience

but, this is NOT happiness, it is simply a part of the fantasy and illusion that our mind tricks us with to keep us running on that wheel chasing that invisible cheese (projected happiness)

:tiphat:

sso

Veteran
..finding the good in everything or something at every moment?

yeah, its useful.

but i would not be happy in a crappy situation after crappy situation with people i did not like for whatever reason.

that would be like selftorture and complete annihilation of the self.becoming a robot of sorts. trying to live up to some ideal, maybe even an ideal not of your own making..brr..

because you can choose you know.*

while i could tolerate it and even find something positive about it.

id rather be doing something i dont have to do jedi mindtricks on myself to go through.

besides, constant high extreme happiness?

that would be like being constantly on exstasy.

need some valleys in my life to enjoy the peaks more.

swimming in the depths.

shouting to the sky from the highest mountain top.

l

southflorida

Veteran
on the level of being we are always happy, because we are what we are

it is the self-mind (ego) that is always creating suffering and struggle

this is its job of course...to divide stuff into good and bad, painful and pleasurable, etc

I guess, the best way to describe it is accepting what IS. No matter what you experience, you accept that moment for what it is, and don't resist it

obviously this is not about being around crappy people

but, you know sometimes we are put in a situation where we have to experience some painful shit

like them folks in the concentration camps, and people in general that go through wars, and of course just maniacs that kidnap people and do all kinds of sick shit to them

I only watch ID (investigation discovery) on tv, and it is very rare, but whenever I do watch it, I am amazed at all the sick shit people do to each other

sso

Veteran
yes, accepting what is,

..rather easy actually, it is what it is and if you cant do anything about it, why be miserable about it?

though, maybe you gotta go through a lot of shit before you reach that situation of the self.

so, might as well not worry about it.

you could of course, go somewhere and torture yourself for a few years, deprive yourself of all sorts of shit.

but why? all in an effort to be able to handle torture and deprivation if it actually happened to you from reasons beyond your control?

why not just use experience if that happened to gain that "skill."?

lol.

its like training yourself for a marathon that might never happen.

course its easier to handle shit you put upon yourself.

and shit you gotta handle, well, i once had such a bad headache that it left me crying in a fetal position.

and munching on painkillers like candy.

but its all relative, i have bad teeth, my bipolar gave me such cramps in my jaws that i practically broke my teeth at night, course was so depressed at the time i didnt care lol.

but still , at the beginning it could hurt like shit, nowadays, even if i get an infection, i barely notice it, the level of pain, does not reach me. (i hate going to the dentist lol.)

so , while you can train yourself to handle situations with ease and acceptance.

life often does that training for you pro bono and without asking. :)

this is why i dont bother with such things anymore.

and just try and enjoy my life, doing what pleases me.

its like seeking wisdom, why seek something that comes to you anyway?

bentom187

Veteran
"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."
-Buddha

hmm,

well, if you were to reject all help in a place like iceland, you´d soon be dead.
at least iceland of the past.
this would be the same in many countries.

in india, maybe you could live alone in the forest for years and not need anyone.

certainly its easy to be alone for long time, even blessed, depending on what company you came from.
and there are certain truths to this what he says.

but if you were drowning and a hand would be reached out to you.
if you rejected it, you would simply drown.

would that make you free?
no, you would be dead (and reborn.)

where is the freedom in that?
of course you shouldnt fear death, but assuming life goes on.
why seek it needlessly?

at best, you´d be just sucking on some titty again and needing to potty train again.

enjoy life, not escape it
and free from what?
care? (no one to care for?)

worries f.e are best just let go of, they never are true.

yes it means you are re born already and you cant escape it you are IT or the obsever outside the self, just understanding makes you not suffer from it,and with this knowlege arent you free,i mean its going to take alot of introspection of where that fear of dying comes from if intelectually we know we never die.
it comes with the preference of living , and identifying (body/mind/conciousness) with the self, and choosing one thing over the other,im not saying its not a horrible experience but understanding and exceptance that its going to happen weather we want it to or not helps tremendously.
so i think the message is redundant again that we have to live in the present and just practice, and not fear what will become of us.also if we have a understanding of this dont you feel that a important aspect besides a practice would be compasion for those who dont, and suffer because of this? i think we should practice fearless compasion.
i need alot of practice lol but every little bit helps.

thank you for the rep too.

sso

Veteran
yes it means you are re born already and you cant escape it you are IT or the obsever outside the self, just understanding makes you not suffer from it,and with this knowlege arent you free,i mean its going to take alot of introspection of where that fear of dying comes from if intelectually we know we never die.
it comes with the preference of living , and identifying (body/mind/conciousness) with the self, and choosing one thing over the other,im not saying its not a horrible experience but understanding and exceptance that its going to happen weather we want it to or not helps tremendously.
so i think the message is redundant again that we have to live in the present and just practice, and not fear what will become of us.also if we have a understanding of this dont you feel that a important aspect besides a practice would be compasion for those who dont, and suffer because of this? i think we should practice fearless compasion.
i need alot of practice lol but every little bit helps.

thank you for the rep too.

thats a very nice explanation of it.

well, once you reach the point of "knowing" there is life after death.

you sorta dont mind really so much where the ride takes you.

all things end, but im not a thing. i simply am.

well, even if the atheists were right, if it all ended, id never know and might as well enjoy my life how i see fit. :)

i feel old, ancient, after the last decade of my life, but i dont mind it, its just an experience and rather funny feeling old in a 36 year old body. :)

because im also younger than a newborn babe. i play like a kid. i behave like a kid, though you´d never know it, when im being serious for some reason.

in eternity, compared to it, you are always young.

even if you have existed since forever. :)

southflorida

Veteran
sso...i didn't mean that we have to put ourselves through serious suffering intentionally

life takes care of bending us over to pick up the soap...all by itself, why help it? ;)

i'm trying to point at the state of being, which is our authentic state, that was there before the ego (false-self-mind) showed up, is there now, and always will be there

just because it is covered up by ego doesn't mean it's not there

it's just that being is infinitely nothingness, so there's nothing actually there, and because of this our attention as a rule falls on what the ego and the intellect are cooking up for us in our life...which is usually some sort of pain and suffering and struggle, with a little pleasure thrown in here and there, so we know the difference...lol

southflorida

Veteran
what's interesting about the ego (false-self-mind) is that it does everything to cover up our fears through fantasies and delusions...but, what's even more interesting is that our fears are programmed into us through our cultural programming, because when we are newborns we don't have fears, as a rule at least.

and then, the shit hits the ceiling, with everyone trying to scare the shit out of us so they can feel more comfortable.

once the fears are programmed into us, EGO shows up and simply starts doing its job

and it's closest assistant is the intellect...how else do you think it pulls of the creation of all those fantasies and delusions that we swim in?

so, the problem is NOT ego, it is FEAR, and this is why eliminating fear, leads to a person becoming a love-based being

once the fear is gone, the fundamental energy, love, shines through our being

sso

Veteran
sso...i didn't mean that we have to put ourselves through serious suffering intentionally

life takes care of bending us over to pick up the soap...all by itself, why help it? ;)

i'm trying to point at the state of being, which is our authentic state, that was there before the ego (false-self-mind) showed up, is there now, and always will be there

just because it is covered up by ego doesn't mean it's not there

it's just that being is infinitely nothingness, so there's nothing actually there, and because of this our attention as a rule falls on what the ego and the intellect are cooking up for us in our life...which is usually some sort of pain and suffering and struggle, with a little pleasure thrown in here and there, so we know the difference...lol

oh i was just addressing the ways people historically have gone about reaching such states.

it sometimes bugs me. :)

sso

Veteran
..fear can be useful.

lets say a giant tiger is trying to eat you.

well , fear will give you wings.

unrational fear at shadows and what might be, no. (unless you are in an amusement park, where its great! :))

southflorida

Veteran
why would you need fear with a tiger? Isn't knowing that he can kill you and/or eat you alive enough to do what you have to do? But, these kinds of fear are rare, unless one lives where these kinds of animals can simply arrive at your front door...lol

the really life-damaging fears are the cultural fears that are programmed into us and are on a level where they are uncognized by our awareness.

These are the fears that makes us do stupid shit, and make choices that we always regret later.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

doc99-1.jpg

southflorida

Veteran
yes i just wanted to distinguish between types of fears.

in my opinion, those fears that we are aware of, don't do that much damage, but those hidden from our awareness, those puppies are really day-wreckers...i have been weeding them out one by one for a while...and there seems to be no end...lmfao :biggrin:

you know, in the end, we all have to do the best with what we have at the current moment

so far, i have not seen anyone that isn't doing this :tiphat:

southflorida

Veteran
@Stoner4Life...my carreer as a writer will be an uphill climb with the marketing tactic that you are using in this thread :)

sso

Veteran
oh critics are useful. :)

btw, im not so sure fear can be completely gotten rid of.

or even if its desireable.

fear holds you back, which can be useful.

though i totally agree with you on getting rid of subconscious fears which Are holding you back or limiting your way from doing what you want.

but fear can be viewed as a caution to go slow.

but its something to discuss anyway.

something ive wondered about.

T

THE PABLOS

My immediate perception of the human condition is slavery. Humans enslave themselves...enslave each other...and will continue to do so. Love...hate...apathy...greed...vanity etc....are all residue and tools of enslavement.

We reject some...strive for others...but they all come from the inventions of humans. The world around us...the physical world...is completely indifferent to these things. Only humans allow themselves to be enslaved by human design

Have no doubt...we are enslaved by others. In many ways...we are farmed from conception to grave. We are..without any choice...born into a straw man world. Our straw men have value...but our actual lives do not.

Part of our need to be loved or despised or whatever...is a deep rooted acknowledgement that there are chains that bind us...and our confusion forces many of us to grasp for emotions that we've inherited from the steady evolution of slavery...as the shackles themselves...give comfort

Diet: We are witnessing the global takeover of foods...and water. This is happening now...presently...and it will (by design) eventually enslave us even further....make us more dependent on the more organized and power driven slavers. As the slavers...are slaves themselves...there will be no way of preventing this on a global stage

Processed...consumer driven foods...will kill you. They are inventions of human arrogance...made up of chemically laden non foods. The intent is not to feed...but to sell consumers a cheap substance to sustain a living straw man. When that straw man gets sick from these non foods...he will be profited off of in a different way (health care)...all the way...until they cast his ashes into the wind

Last edited:

sso

Veteran
well, i couldnt say that love is a residue and tool of enslavement.

that sounds more like someone who´s been burned by unrequited love than any true reasoning.

though i might have agreed with ya 10 years ago. ;)

but to give love and get love is so grand, i cant say its enslavement.

while im bound by it in some ways, it never induces me to do something against my will and the outcome of my actions are always enjoyable.

its warmth, comfort.

the fire , the sun in the dark.

becoming a vulcan, is not desireable in my opinion, passion makes life grand.

Latest posts

Latest posts