What's new

Structures of Fear, Anger, and Desire!

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
I have posted in many threads that fear-based intent is what leads to a false-self (ego) being created in a human being's awareness, and also that fear-based intent is the root of all evil that is occuring.

In the next three posts I will not only break down fear into components, but also anger and desire. Once this is accomplished you will be able to observe that all three of these emotions are conceptual in nature, and are 100% generated by our own thinking.

But, the most amazing thing that will become crystal-clear is that memory and projection into the future play a major role in the production of these emotions. In other words, by simply noticing that the present moment is all there is, you can eliminate these emotions at will.

Taking into account that the past and future are simply impossible, because they are concepts, and can only occur in our mind at the present moment, please do notice that we are confused and truly fooling ourselves royally!

...obviously to grasp this you will have to use open-minded skepticism, and actually observe how this occurs in your own personal and direct experiences in reality. These are theories until you confirm for yourself that this is how it actually occurs.

...and another thing. Fear, Anger, and Desire are the fundamental emotions, the rest of our emotions are created from these three, just like all the colors that exist are created from a few fundamental colors.

...with that said, let us start!

=========================================================

Now in this first post I will break down fear into four major components.

FEAR:

1) the first component of fear is an unwillingness to have a particular experience

no matter how it arises, there is always this component of conceiving something uncomfortable or painful that we are unwilling to experience

this unwillingness is not a separate activity, or causal activity, it is fear, or to be more correct, a component of fear

when we are afraid, it is possible to recognize this unwillingness taking place in whatever forms it occurs

and, if you can eliminate this unwillingness in your awareness, be completely willing to experience whatever you're resisting, no fear can take place!

2) the second component is the possibility of a future.

A future has to exist in order for fear to take place.

Fear never takes place in relation to the present, only in relation to the future.

This is hard to grasp for most folks, but if you observe closely to what is actually occuring in your awareness, you will notice that whatever is occuring as fear in the present is in relation to the possibility or notion of the future.

Have no possibility of a future in your awareness and you cannot be afraid.

It's not that you wouldn't be afraid, it's that you couldn't be afraid!

Interesting...huh?

3) The third component is conceiving an unwanted scenario.

It is somewhat a combination of the first two, but a new element is added.

This component is generating a scenario that something unwanted will occur in the future.

It is a conception that whatever you are unwilling to experience will happen in the future.

If you don't create this scenario (conception) in your awareness you will not be able to generate fear.

4) When these three components are put together in our awareness, we have fear, the sensation or physiological reaction that manifests as a specific negative "feeling."

This emotional charge is the fourth component, and it is what most people think fear is.

But, even this part is conceptually created in your thinking, because in order to send this emotional charge, your mind has to create unwillingness, possibility of a future, and a scenario of an unwanted experience.

The last part, the physiological reaction is interpreted by your mind as an emotional charge that lets you know how to react and behave in relation to whatever you perceive in your experiences.

Since all your perceptions are also created by you and are based on your beliefs and assumptions, we can see that we are creating our own experiences and emotions.

Wicked shit folks, isn't it? :tiphat:

Last edited:

southflorida

Veteran
ANGER:

1) the first component of anger is the possibility of a past

anger is always about something that has passed, and exists only in relation to the past.

someone threw a rock at your house window, breaking the glass. it already happened, and now you're angry.

you're not afraid because it's not something that might happen in the future, you're angry, because it already did happen...and it hurt!...either physically and/or emotionally.

2) the second component of anger is hurt or pain.

just like with fear, in anger there is always something that is resisted, not accepted

given that this experience has already taken place, the rejection of this experience shows up as hurt

conventionally this is rarely noticed, and most people go right to anger and never get that it is based on the fact that they are feeling hurt

perhaps one of the main functions of the anger-reaction involves ignoring or avoiding the pain and the hurting

now, if you stop being angry and feel the hurt that the activity of anger wants to correct or eliminate what happens?

you wouldn't feel the anger. why be angry? you already feel the hurt

now what is the hurt about? glad you asked...

3) the third component of anger is the revealing a sense of incapacity

this component is not always easy to grasp, but it is taking place

imagine for a moment that you are completely capable in relation to what happened

for example, as soon as you see the broken house window you can snap your fingers and the window would magically fix itself, returning to its condition before the rock went through it, would you be angry? probably not, why be angry if there is no pain, the window is fixed as if nothing happened?

but, since life doesn't work that way, we feel incapable in relation to what occured, and we want to get rid of this sense of incapacity and the resultant hurt produced by the event that has occured.

which leads us to the next component.

4) the fourth and last component of anger is regenerating a sense of capacity through a destructive intent or feeling-reaction

with anger we feel we are now taking some sort of action, at least internally

and what is the purpose of this action?

it is an attempt to feel capable once again, to restore a sense of capacity to one's self

anger allows one to return the sense of being fundamentally incapable of life back to its buried place in one's psyche

everyone knows how to destroy and feels capable of doing it, and this is why this is the usual path we take

of course, creating something would also work, but it takes too long, and what if we fail?

Destruction can be immediate, and it is the easiest thing to do

we don't have to destroy something or someone physically, it can be even done in our mind, the most important thing is to feel capable!

Once again, just like with fear, eliminating any component of anger will completely eliminate the anger.

If there is no concept of the past, there is no anger.

Likewise, if you do not create hurt or pain about something, you cannot be angry.

Further, if you can become conscious of the core feeling of incapacity that founds the anger and transcend this self-mind disposition, you won't need action (internal or external) to restore a capacity, and so there will be no anger.

So, as with fear, it is clear that we are creating emotions inside of our awareness. It is not the people or the circumstances.

It is our interpretations and the meaning we provide these interpretations with.

:tiphat:

Last edited:

southflorida

Veteran
DESIRE:

1) the first component of desire if the possibility of a future

...desire is based on the same dynamic as fear, it is basically the other side of the same coin, and in fact, fear, is what creates the ego, and ego is what creates desire (wants, needs, expectations, etc)

...as a rule, desire is created by the ego to cover up fear. Fantasies and delusions are an excellent material for ignoring any fear, and this is why the ego (self-mind) with a little help from our friend, the intellect, uses them on a regular basis!

certainly, sometimes we perceive something and say that we desire it in this moment, but what we're actually relating to is something not occuring now.

think about it. if it were occuring already, you would be enjoying it, not desiring it.

and if you are enjoying something and still have a desire about it, then clearly what you desire is that the enjoyment continue on into the future.

2) the second component of desire is an assessment that something is missing now

desire, like fear, is not about the present moment, it is about what is not occuring presently

with fear, we imagine something unwanted may come to pass that is not presently so, with desire we imagine something we want to occur that doesn't exist now

3) the third component of desire is a conceiving a concept of a preferred experience

we rarely make the distinction between the thing we desire and the concept of the thing we desire

we assume that our fantasy of the experience, imagining whatever happiness or pleasure the object of desire will provide, is the same as the actual experience or encounter with this object in reality (direct experience)

of course, this is not true

4) the fourth component of desire is the separation between the object of desire and the self

another element we rarely notice is the unseen barrier that is created between our feeling of desire and whatever is desired.

simply the fact that we desire implies a separation between us and the object of desire, and between our present experience and the desired experience

if there were no such separation, we can see there would be no place or need for desire

we would not be desirous, we would be instead enjoying or experiencing what is otherwise only a concept.

this suggests that the very act of desire separates us from the thing we desire

to bridge this gap we are drawn to take action

sometimes we take objective action, go buy the tasty food, buy a new car, find a chick for a one-night-stand in a bar, or meditate for peace with incense.

In this way, desire is associated with conscumption, gratification, possession, and achievement.

since desire implies there is something wanted that we don't have now, taking action to get it seems like the logical choice.

Still, many times the first and only action taken is within our mind

We imagine, fantasize, or make plans, and although this is often as far as we go with our desires, it may not be as harmless as we presume.

It might produce a kind of suffering that is not immediately apparent.

this is because we frequently get our desires mixed up with what we actually want or intend to have happen.

intention is committing to take a course of action, it is what we actually end up doing, and so in this way we can say it is what we want to do.

desire, on the other hand, is imagining something we'd like to experience in the future. It is indulging a conceptual possibility, recognizable as the pleasure-charged effect evoked by imagining that experience comming to pass.

This is different from what we intend to do.

Although there may be an urge or impulse to have a desired experience come about, desire doesn't demand action.

Intent does!

We might intend to act on our desires, or we might not. If we say we want to bring about our desires, or we want to do something else, we are talking about what we intend to do rather than what we merely desire.

5) and the fifth component of desire is the feeling sensation of imagined pleasure, masking the overlooked pain

generally, we think of desire as a good thing, or a pleasant feeling

this seems reasonable, since it is relating to something we want, some experience we want to have, to enjoy.

isn't that pleasant?

imagining the enjoyable experience can seem enjoyable, and any fantasy about having that experience would include imagining the pleasure or good feelings that we crave.

yet, what is also true is that we are in fact not having it. If this absent experience is contrasted with what we are having now, and we find our present lacking, this will tend to elicit a form of suffering

from this suffering, putting up with an unwanted experience, be it dramatic suffering or a burried, almost unnoticed itch to scratch, we are moved to take some form of action to turn the not-so-enjoyable present into the enjoyable future

...but, as a rule, the only actions we actually take is in our imagination. This projection into the future helps to cover up the fear and the pain that is hidden from our awareness by the ego.

so, as you can see that some form of pain actually accompanies all desire; it's just difficult to perceive because it's always buried underneath the anticipated pleasurable experience.

Last edited:

sso

Veteran
the title reminds me of a 50´s horrordrama.

"A future has to exist in order for fear to take place.

Fear never takes place in relation to the present, only in relation to the future.

This is hard to grasp for most folks, but if you observe closely to what is actually occuring in your awareness, you will notice that whatever is occuring as fear in the present is in relation to the possibility or notion of the future.

Interesting...huh?"

yes.,thanks.

probably the best explanation of this ive seen.
and its quite true.

southflorida

Veteran
the title reminds me of a 50´s horrordrama.

"A future has to exist in order for fear to take place.

Interesting...huh?"

yes.,thanks.

probably the best explanation of this ive seen.
and its quite true.

thanks...from you that means a lot :tiphat:

southflorida

Veteran
seeing the elements of these three emotions (fear, anger, desire) shows that they are all produced by our self-mind, which means we are the ones responsible for them being a part of our experience and not the circumstances or other people!

southflorida

Veteran
not the most popular thread in the Den is it?...lol

I knew this would happen actually

realizing that we are behind the generation of our own emotions points at the responsibility that most of us want to avoid

we want to remain children and don't want to grow up!

believe me, I know what it's like to be a child, and how hard it is to pull myself up by the bootstraps in order to slowly grow into an adult

in life, fundamentally, we have two choices:

1) evolve

2) die

I am choosing the first, because the second option sucks...imvho :tiphat:

southflorida

Veteran
Sounds fresh off Eckhart Tolle's stuff..........ding

Eckhart Tolle does focus on the present moment a lot, but what I wrote in these posts takes it to another level

This information is from direct experience and contemplating what actually occurs in our self-minds as we perceive reality

But, that little old man (Tolle) still delivers a punch as far as the present moment is concerned

do take into account, that it doesn't matter where information comes from...

....what really matters is grasping that there is no possibility of ever experiencing a past or a future...EVER

past and future are simply concepts in our mind that we produce in the present moment, they are never objective!

...the only thing we ever have going on...is what we are experiencing in the present moment!

Thanks for stopping by, have to admit, I have lurked in your thread many, many times, and love reading your writing

T

THE PABLOS

Eckhart Tolle does focus on the present moment a lot, but what I wrote in these posts takes it to another level

This information is from direct experience and contemplating what actually occurs in our self-minds as we perceive reality

But, that little old man (Tolle) still delivers a punch as far as the present moment is concerned

do take into account, that it doesn't matter where information comes from, what really matters is grasping that there is no possibility of ever experiencing a past or a future...EVER

past and future are simply concepts in our mind that we produce in the present moment, they are never objective!

Thanks for stopping by, have to admit, I have lurked in your thread many, many times, and love reading your writing

Thanks...I lurk on these threads of yours...as well. A friend burned a bunch of Tolle's disks for me...couple yrs ago. I'd drive around...listening to them...in my vehicle instead of tunes. The new earth and now discs I think they were....

being present...realizing when you're not...fear/ego. Can't say...I'd disagree with most any of that. Damn...most of the human condition is drowning in ego.

I've contemplated...there are so many realities...everyone has their own I'm supposing

southflorida

Veteran
Thanks...I lurk on these threads of yours...as well. A friend burned a bunch of Tolle's disks for me...couple yrs ago. I'd drive around...listening to them...in my vehicle instead of tunes. The new earth and now discs I think they were....

being present...realizing when you're not...fear/ego. Can't say...I'd disagree with most any of that. Damn...most of the human condition is drowning in ego

what's really wicked is this: if we look at what's going on from the Bigger Picture, ego (false-self-mind) is not a negative thing in itself.

why? because it brings our fears from our thinking into physical reality, where we basically have nothing else to do BUT face it

obviously, the majority of folks turn around and run from their fear, and the ego just builds another fantasy, and eventually forces the human being to face his fear again

this happens over and over and over, until the being either evolves or dies

but, why is this really important?

it is important because this shows that we have two choices in life

we either evolve or die

and this is reflected in life on every level

from ants to humans to solar systems, universes, and of course the Greater Consciousness itself

The Greater Consciousness, which is a bounded digital informational "thing" creates a whole bunch of virtual realities, where individuated consciousnesses (like us) evolve

this occurs in our virtual reality through constraints and a rule-set (physics)

we are put here, for one reason, and one reason only

to evolve our consciousness through making choices

the intent (motivation) behind these choices is the reflection of the quality of our consciousness

in the beginning, our intent is fear-based, mostly because of our f*cked up culture and society, which is obviously all a part of the game in this virtual reality

but, as we evolve through making choices, we move toward a love-based intent

this happens through the free will to make choices from a certain amount of choices that we are given in each present moment

evolution is NOT automatic, we have to work

so, if I could explain The Greater Consciousness Primary Purpose, it would be....work or die

this work of course relates to making choices during our interactions and co-operation with other sentient beings

So far, humanity is spinning its wheels, our consciousness is at a very low quality, but slowly we are evolving

and maybe, just maybe the Big Dude (Greater Consciousness) is not going to press the RESET button, and start this scientific experiment of his over again

...this is really not that much different in structure if you look at the process how you evolve your cannabis plants

what you are doing is a reflection of what is happening inside of The Greater Consciousness on a moment to moment basis

only the strong survive, the rest get culled...right?

evolution through tasting the pudding (dank) :tiphat:

T

THE PABLOS

Agreed...evolve or be culled.

Personally...my pain body must be large...as I can see the need to evolve beyond my fears..the creations of fears..and that protecting warmth the fear offers. It is madness...and I know that it's madness...watching ego recycle the same old bullshit over and over

I've never had an original thought in my entire life...and I do not believe there are many out there...that have. I don't know if the human condition will allow for an overall state of enlightenment...I'm unsure whether...as a whole...we can all let go

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

chrsit almighty!!!

just tell us the title of the book(s) you're quoting from & we'll be sure to ignore them ourselves.......

southflorida

Veteran
Agreed...evolve or be culled.

yeah, this happens on all levels, but cannabis breeding is an excellent example, because without manipulation, a plant only lives one season, very similar to a human...strange isn't it?

this is probably why you love making seeds and stay away from cuts...you get to actually watch evolution...and test the THC pudding :woohoo:

Personally...my pain body must be large...as I can see the need to evolve beyond my fears..the creations of fears..and that protecting warmth the fear offers. It is madness...and I know that it's madness...watching ego recycle the same old bullshit over and over

that pain body is a concept, fundamentally what we have running everything in our experience is the self-mind (ego)

the ego (self-mind) is a survival-mechanism that interprets everything we perceive, provides this interpretation with meaning, and sends an emotional charge to let us know how to act in relation to anything that occurs in our moment-to-moment experience.

what Tolle calls the pain body is the self-mind (ego) acting out, it is simply doing its job of making sure that whatever you consider to be yourself is protected in all possible ways

Tolle is a businessman, his whole business is built on a fan-following, so he's like a guru...lol...and that's why the information he publishes and sells can't be really used to produce long-term results

if it did, people would not go to his seminars and pay thousands of dollars for retreats...lol

but, some of the stuff he writes is powerful, but he is not the one that created it, he just copied it from folks that were actually enlightened...and knew how to explain the un-explainable

or at least explain it well enough to grasp at least on some level

I've never had an original thought in my entire life...and I do not believe there are many out there...that have. I don't know if the human condition will allow for an overall state of enlightenment...I'm unsure whether...as a whole...we can all let go

we all get our thoughts from the culture we exist in...to actually have insights based on truth...one has to go in the direction of not-knowing...of letting go off all beliefs and assumptions

only from here can we use the spring-board that appears to jump into a direct experience of being

but, this is not our purpose, so all this enlightenment BS is nothing but a trap, where you end up at a door, and never open it to look what is behind it

the point of enlightenment is to reach a void...infinitely nothing

but, this is not the purpose of consciousness/evolution dynamic that is reflected in every distinctions that exists inside of the greater consciousness

the purpose is to evolve toward a higher quality of our individuated consciousness through making choices that are based on an intent (motivation) that is rooted in love instead of fear!

if you think about your life, you will clearly see that THIS is what you have been doing all your life

interacting and cooperating with other human beings, and making never-ending choices on a moment-to-moment basis!

...and that is all you are going to keep doing as long as you are alive!

sso

Veteran
thanks...from you that means a lot :tiphat:

thank you. (though a part of me wonders why.:))

on that note, might i suggest you relax a bit. heaven wont be built in a day.

these are interesting threads nonetheless, while it might be old hat to me, mostly, there are quite a few members here that i would think that they would enjoy it.
but these subjects are certainly not for everyone. at least not yet.

however, exploring the human mind and whatnot..

i cant really see a greater frontier and one more..valuable..to ...conquer.
master thyself and master the world.
the thing is.
line´s like that, can be horribly misunderstood and taken in very dark paths.

which is the reason why this sort of stuff was taught in hidden schools.
but there is a good reason why that is all coming out now, all the secrets.
mankind is ready. (the secret´s are gonna fuck some up though..)

this sorta stuff scares some people, which is why the ridiculing happens. (or they would not bother to comment, no interest is for everyone, even the mind and ...whatnot. :))
but on mankind being ready, well, its a long process. which is why i suggested the relaxing about it.

might i also suggest you using paragraphs, more difficult to read a text like that.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
contemplating

here's your downfall..

contemplation

I'm going to make it so simple for you:

-knowing > thinking / trying / not knowing

you really only have to answer this question to yourself, why are you writing these..............................

T

THE PABLOS

Yup Tolle is quite the business man....Oprah's book of the month list...
and basically does..just interpret what others before him have laid out. I remember him going over and over the "pain body"....that's why I mentioned it. I listened to the discs for like a month...just because I enjoyed the soothing voices...and the ringing chimes when a new chapter started. Not taking anything away from the dude...but gurus I've never followed

I'm sure you'll get some flack for posting up this stuff...but it's interesting to follow imo

southflorida

Veteran
thank you. (though a part of me wonders why.:))

on that note, might i suggest you relax a bit. heaven wont be built in a day.

these are interesting threads nonetheless, while it might be old hat to me, mostly, there are quite a few members here that i would think that they would enjoy it.
but these subjects are certainly not for everyone. at least not yet.

however, exploring the human mind and whatnot..

i cant really see a greater frontier and one more..valuable..to ...conquer.
master thyself and master the world.
the thing is.
line´s like that, can be horribly misunderstood and taken in very dark paths.

which is the reason why this sort of stuff was taught in hidden schools.
but there is a good reason why that is all coming out now, all the secrets.
mankind is ready. (the secret´s are gonna fuck some up though..)

this sorta stuff scares some people, which is why the ridiculing happens. (or they would not bother to comment, no interest is for everyone, even the mind and ...whatnot. :))
but on mankind being ready, well, its a long process. which is why i suggested the relaxing about it.

might i also suggest you using paragraphs, more difficult to read a text like that.

thanks for the suggestion sso, i think that it is a good idea...btw

when I started this thread, I said to myself this is going to be the last one for a while...lol

I write it mostly for the folks that are interested in this kind of info...there are quite a few of these on icmag...most likely the dank is helping to keep the mind open...and keeps the self-mind (ego) at bay :)

I guess it can be scary for some...i just never have been scared of discovering the true nature of my experience...it always seemed so interesting and fascinating actually

gonna try that writing in paragraph idea of your also, we'll see how that works out.

Peace! :tiphat:

sso

Veteran
here's your downfall..

contemplation

I'm going to make it so simple for you:

-knowing > thinking / trying / not knowing

you really only have to answer this question to yourself, why are you writing these..............................

could you explain more your distaste for contemplation?

i rather find it enjoyable, useful.

though i can certainly understand wanting to avoid the pitfalls of the mind, i consider the mind something like a tool. not my master.

(can certainly be somewhat of an annoyance sometimes, but with a fair grip on yourself, madness can usually be avoided, or gotten out of.)

Latest posts

Latest posts