What's new

Structures of Fear, Anger, and Desire!

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
@bombadil.

yeah, it was an omen, and the way he said it, there was no doubt in my mind that this was not the path for me, that I was chasing some shiny object that might get my ass in deep trouble (or even worse).

I read his first books:

1. The Teachings of don Juan
2. A Separate Reality
3. Journey to Ixtlan
4. Tales Of Power
5. The Second Ring of Power
6. The Eagle's Gift
7. The Fire From Within
8. The Power of Silence

and that was that, from there I never went back to reading them.

My favorite is probably the first, because it blew my mind, especially since I was young (16) when I started reading them and was smoking a lot of weed.

The part that's true as ever is what DJ said about self-importance.

How all of our energy is used up through the never-ending inner dialogue that is focused on our "self."

If we don't accomplish the first step of eliminating this mechanism, that eagle is gonna have our ass for breakfast :biggrin:

Anyway, getting back to this thread.

It's true, our perceptions and what we perceive is what we have to work with, and it is not a primary concern to perceive what we can't perceive, since we can't perceive it. Maybe there is nothing there to perceive in the first place.

and what have you experienced by turning this awareness back onto itself? Any interesting insights I should know about?

You know I'm always looking for material to start another thread...lol

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
good day southflorida,

it's pretty wild the effects that the books by Castaneda had on tons of people; I remember buy one of his books at a local book store in the venezuelan andes, and the book owner told me in a clearly resentful way: "why do so many people buy this guy's books? they are horrible!"

asked him to recomnend me a book, he actually recommended a great book, the divine comedy, but I had aleady read it, and just told him that Dante and Castaneda were apples and oranges...

regarding any insights, yes there are some, nothing wow though, but not sure I want to open that can of worms.

much peace and good health!

southflorida

Veteran
can of worms can be nice, but most people don't want to rock the boat, and prefer to live out their life according to cultural norms...me...i prefer to ride waves in my life...maybe that's why I loved surfing while I lived in South Florida...even though it is not the best place in relation to waves...but with enough weed, there is always something to do even on the days when surf was not up...lol...yeah smoke more weed!

offthehook

Veteran
Something makes me wonder if it is'nt all just a matrix inside a matrix inside a matrix etc.

Eg. Something that's just not ever possible to get a grip on.

Thus far, I still feel most comphorteble in calling myself an agnost while continuing to enjoy this most wonderfull of 'rides'.

southflorida

Veteran
Something makes me wonder if it is'nt all just a matrix inside a matrix inside a matrix etc.

Eg. Something that's just not ever possible to get a grip on.

Thus far, I still feel most comphorteble in calling myself an agnost while continuing to enjoy this most wonderfull of 'rides'.

yeah...it does seem that is how it is...a reality based on fractals, where there are many Matrix type realities, all being run by a Big Computer Type of Program.

My theory is that fundamentally everything is Consciousness.

But, to evolve, Consciousness had to create dualities, in order to evolve the undividual reality cells (sentient beings) and put these individuated consciousness in a virtual reality where they can increase the quality of their individuated consciousness through making choices while interacting and co-operating with each other.

This matrix inside matrix inside matrix is everywhere:

Universe, galaxies, solar system, Earth, human being, cells, atoms, etc.

offthehook

Veteran
Interesting.
On a Human level I am willing to fully agree to your 3 points, but could you explain this to me fromout the point of view from lets say a mammal like Animal?

southflorida

Veteran
Interesting.
On a Human level I am willing to fully agree to your 3 points, but could you explain this to me from the point of view from lets say a mammal like Animal?

you mean the 3 points of fear?

that would be a problem, since I don't really know what they actually experience first-hand

I'm making a distinction of these three elements of fear from my own direct experiences, and it is my theory that other human beings have a similar self-mind mechanism that produces fear similar to mine.

Everyone has to take an honest look at how their self-mind is working, and observe if this is true for them also.

Truth is personal and subjective...imvho

HOVAH2.0

fear is what was keeping me in Georgia, i didnt know what Cali had to offer
and , now that im in Cali ,its fear of the word no, and then afterwards knowing i still have more work to do before i get a yes.

and all i have to do is stay in the present
,not think about the future.

mrcreosote

Veteran
"What is" and "what appears to be" are two different domains.

Evidence that this is so? Or unfounded speculation?

What happens to 'you' AFTER you are turned into a large portion of chunky soup is certainly open to debate but to assert that your chunky soupness is a matter of perception is sophist nonsense.

Latest posts

Latest posts