What's new

STOP THE KUSH CRAZE

STOP THE KUSH CRAZE

• Total voters

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
No, that isn't an inexperienced view. I don't think you're including flowering time in your calculation of yield. Indica will always yield more, always, always...always. I could seriously pull two crops with the time it takes some sativas to finish.

Bubba Kush, solid indica, doesnt yield shit. Also takes about 75 days to finish, there is plenty of hybrids that take a week or so more that yield double.

Anything that grows a single stem, slow to veg with minimal side branching and doesn't stretch generally doesn't yield shit. I've got pure afghans straight from Afghanistanin veg right now, extreme broad leafs as pure indica as it gets and 2 months into veg cycle they have not one side branch, my prediction, their yield will be low.

indicadom

Get a job?? Find a hobby? This thread could have gone somewhere, but it didnt, it just ended up in complaining and bickering. No offense to Chefboy at all! SL

Yeah because a job means I can't have interests in growing, because I can't have more than one hobby right? Complaining and bickering? You're the only one I see bitching. So you're bitching about people bitching? Why don't you just stop posting in this thread then if there is just SOOO much bitching?

Have you ever grown sativa's or sativa dom hybrids?? You need a shorter veg time, thus making up for the longer flowering times, and you can pull massive yields. Casey Jones for example. 9 week flower, only needs a 3 week veg to yield welllllllll over 1/2lb per plant ;) :tree: Indicas will ALWAYS yield more than sativa?! Joke of the year. Much love SL

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=24168&pictureid=706585&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=24168&pictureid=701543&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Not trying to insight a riot, or step on your toes indicadom... just saying your point about indica's yielding better than sativas in invalid.

We are not talking about hybrids, or hybrid vigor. We are talking about Indica vs. Sativa. No, my point about indicas yielding more than sativas isn't invalid. Go take a pure sativa indoors, I'll take a pure indica indoors. We'll use identical equipment, in a year who yields more? This is a very restricted example to emphasize that most people are indoor growers who grow for some profit.

Bubba Kush, solid indica, doesnt yield shit. Also takes about 75 days to finish, there is plenty of hybrids that take a week or so more that yield double.

Anything that grows a single stem, slow to veg with minimal side branching and doesn't stretch generally doesn't yield shit. I've got pure afghans straight from Afghanistanin veg right now, extreme broad leafs as pure indica as it gets and 2 months into veg cycle they have not one side branch, my prediction, their yield will be low.

Who was talking about bubba kush? Who was talking about a plant that finishes in 75 days? Who was talking about hybrids? How many seeds did you select your afghani from? I have seen some hindu kush and some afghani that have good yields. Comparing what one pure indica plant yields versus one F1 hybrid plant isn't even an argument. Everyone should understand hybrid vigor, however what we are talking about is pure indica vs pure sativa, or at least that is what I was talking about.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Indicadom, you're fucking annoying. Who really gives a fuck?

I just don't have the time or energy to give a shit enough to reply to you.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Yeah it's ridiculous to be comparing dutch (probably, if not hybridized already in region of origin) broadleafs with Thais (clearly the "pure" indica will yield more x time in her native lower light envorinment lol), just as it is ridiculous to be comparing true ghani's with pure Mexicans (Oaxaca maybe) (clearly the opposite will happen). Such broad statements seldomly hold much water mango -that's why this whole thread is so lame.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
It's less about the black and the white and more about the grey.

Im sure if we looked hard enough there is exceptions to every rule.

Tom Hill

Veteran
I just despise claims of indica yielding more, because they're almost never genuine broadleafs folks are using for comparison, but the closest thing Afghanistan (or gasp, the dutch) had to offer at the time, then they'll use some unadulterated African as the other side of the coin. Then they'll take the two plants into an environment where plant A has a clear advantage, meh, okay, whatever. -T

indicadom

Indicadom, you're fucking annoying. Who really gives a fuck?

I just don't have the time or energy to give a shit enough to reply to you.

Wah, wah, wah....

Yeah it's ridiculous to be comparing dutch (probably, if not hybridized already in region of origin) broadleafs with Thais (clearly the "pure" indica will yield more x time in her native lower light envorinment lol), just as it is ridiculous to be comparing true ghani's with pure Mexicans (Oaxaca maybe) (clearly the opposite will happen). Such broad statements seldomly hold much water mango -that's why this whole thread is so lame.

So why do you think kush is all the craze? I believe a big part of it is that people are restricted to indoor grows. Pure sativas aren't as profitable, and don't grow as well indoors.

I just despise claims of indica yielding more, because they're almost never genuine broadleafs folks are using for comparison, but the closest thing Afghanistan (or gasp, the dutch) had to offer at the time, then they'll use some unadulterated African as the other side of the coin. Then they'll take the two plants into an environment where plant A has a clear advantage, meh, okay, whatever. -T

Well if fair trials have yet to of been run, and nobody has been objective in their comparisons of indica, sativa, and hybrids...then there is room for everyone to contribute their results. The picture will slowly but surely come into focus!

Cry more.

browntrout

Veteran
I like the properties of pure indicas and sativas, but you have forgot to mention in your poll the head that enjoys low-potency, unique, soaring and euphoric or high potency perma grin and lethargic highs. I hate being stoned with a clouded mind and in the trance that kushes often put me in. I do however love the rich taste..

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Such broad statements seldomly hold much water mango -that's why this whole thread is so lame.

No offense Tom I respect you and truly think you are a genius in your field...A true revolutionary...but this thread has 110 responses so it can't be that lame..and I apologize for the lack of parameter's or a lack of scientific evaluation...not everyone is as enlightened and knowledgeable as yourself...not being disrespectful just please realize i posted this thread because i wanted a sense of what and why there was this "kush craze" and i feel the opinions expressed here are valid and very beneficial...I believe this forum was created to promote discussion and education

peace
Chefboy

fabvariousk

Veteran
I like many of you am a bong hitter.
I don't roll joints or smoke pipes...I smoke bongs from the time I get up to the time I goto bed. I f you are a high tolerance smoker like me not many strains will allow you this kind of consumption without fading half way through the day. OG, sourd, and chems along with there hybrids will let you do this. If you smoke a joint a day then you can get away with smoking almost anything.
I have a buddy who lived in Hawaii in the early seventies and sold weed for a connoisseur grower and when I smoke him up with OG I ask how it compares and if I should get some more longer flowering sativas. His response has always been that the OG was consistently as good or better than the best he remembers from Hawaii, Thailand, or Columbia back in the day.
When I started growing it about four years ago it quickly took my focus from the blueberry strains because of it power and similarity. My guess is that the very best Thai and afghan strains were involved in the OG's background like blueberry.
For me OG is like a perfect lemony blueberry plant.

T

The Sensi Rebel

So why do you think kush is all the craze? I believe a big part of it is that people are restricted to indoor grows. Pure sativas aren't as profitable, and don't grow as well indoors.

Didn't have to come off like that, but on this tiny snippet of what you said, Ill have to agree.

My area, as in, people I smoke with, just LOVE indica.
Big buds, great bag appeal, dense, fat whale nugs.

My regular friends will buy a dense looking oz of any good bag appeal indica just because they're mislead to believe the weight surpasses quality.

My Grow friends are really the only ones who like sativas, because we're accustomed to trying different tastes, and most importantly, different highs, which is what I think the argument is about.

I could throw some of my finest indica in a sesh with some of my sat. crosses that got beans in it via a fucking accidental pollination and you know what? They choose the Sativa buds mid-sesh, just because a few hits will convince them themselves.

With indica, I smoke a few bowls/j's, I'm good for the end of my night. With Sativa, I could smoke endlessly and not give a fuck.

Indica- dope stone, bag appeal, faster finishing time = More $$, which most opinions on this side is based on.

Sativa- great cerebral highs, no ceilings, variety of highs (intellectual, goofy & upbeat, aphrodisiac, etc.)

indicadom

Didn't have to come off like that, but on this tiny snippet of what you said, Ill have to agree.

My area, as in, people I smoke with, just LOVE indica.
Big buds, great bag appeal, dense, fat whale nugs.

My regular friends will buy a dense looking oz of any good bag appeal indica just because they're mislead to believe the weight surpasses quality.

My Grow friends are really the only ones who like sativas, because we're accustomed to trying different tastes, and most importantly, different highs, which is what I think the argument is about.

I could throw some of my finest indica in a sesh with some of my sat. crosses that got beans in it via a fucking accidental pollination and you know what? They choose the Sativa buds mid-sesh, just because a few hits will convince them themselves.

With indica, I smoke a few bowls/j's, I'm good for the end of my night. With Sativa, I could smoke endlessly and not give a fuck.

Indica- dope stone, bag appeal, faster finishing time = More $$, which most opinions on this side is based on.

Sativa- great cerebral highs, no ceilings, variety of highs (intellectual, goofy & upbeat, aphrodisiac, etc.)

That is exactly the same scenario that I have experienced. What is interesting is if you parallel this to the beer industry you'll see the same thing though. It is the same as everyone who drinks Coors light, Miller Light, Bud light. Those beers alone are like 80% of the market, and all they are is a watered down generic pilsner. Yeah the idea of smoking a lot of sativa is too true, when I used to get a ton of mexican brick back in the day it truly was the only bud we could just roll up a pound and smoke throughout the weekend. I would never picture being able to finish that much indica though, it puts me right to sleep after a heavy smoking session. If I wake and bake with some heavy indica I am napping in under 5 hours, lol.

OLordy

It depends

It depends

It all depends on when you harvest the Kush. I would take early harvest for myself and wait another 2 weeks for sale

indicadom

It all depends on when you harvest the Kush. I would take early harvest for myself and wait another 2 weeks for sale

This never really made sense to me...would you pick an apple prior to it becoming ripe? How are you really going to be able to assess the qualities of the plant if you're picking an under-ripe plant every time?

OLordy

This never really made sense to me...would you pick an apple prior to it becoming ripe? How are you really going to be able to assess the qualities of the plant if you're picking an under-ripe plant every time?

Try it. It is a good practice to stretch time harvesting - it requires a smaller drier and gives you variety of highs depending on the date.

I have a 200x scope, so I can tell, that the number or size of trichs @wk8 is the same as @wk10 & @wk12, the only difference is their color /opaqueness. The apple analogy is good, but doesn't apply to cannabis

Latest posts

Latest posts