What's new

STOP THE KUSH CRAZE

STOP THE KUSH CRAZE

• Total voters

yoss33

Veteran
they improved the dutch strains, not vice versa. They took those genetics and made em better. I bet the Blue Meanie is better than the UK Cheese, lol. Maybe it causes arguements cause some just don't believe the statement, Dutch is not as good as US genetics, unless the US has improved the Dutch genetics. And yea, when you don't have proof, it always falls back to the hoarded cuts, lol. No offense bro, just an honest personal observation

Do you really believe some part of the world "has better genetics" than any other part? Seeds and clones are not so hard to transport, you know.
The truth is there are many many good plants grown everywhere, different strains for different tastes and different markets. No plant is so exceptional as to be everyone's best. If OG was something that stands head and shoulders above the rest, it would be everywhere, but it's just a great plant that became a local hype. Fortunately, not global.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
it's funny because people say there is NO KUSH CRAZE, BUT i just logged on to seedbay, which i rarely do anymore and went to the private breeders section...I would say 75% of the homemade breeding projects and seeds that are being sold in that section are ALL KUSH BASED, go check it out for yourself...but yea..there;s no Kush craze...i am just crazy

peace
Chefboy

it's funny because people say there is NO KUSH CRAZE, BUT i just logged on to seedbay, which i rarely do anymore and went to the private breeders section...I would say 75% of the homemade breeding projects and seeds that are being sold in that section are ALL KUSH BASED, go check it out for yourself...but yea..there;s no Kush craze...i am just crazy

peace
Chefboy

Why does it bother you so much?

Keep smoking your Sativa and shut up.

There's always gonna be a market for Indica and Sativa so there's absolutely zero reason to complain.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
did i say it bothered me....

I think people have really missed the point of this thread....It wasnt to bitch about KUSH

I AM MAKING A FUCKING OBSERVATION...WHY IS IT PEOPLE ON HERE FEEL THAT THEY HAVE TO BE SO DEFENSIVE ON HERE

WHAT AM I SAYING TO PISS PEOPLE OFF SO MUCH

IF YOU DON"T AGREE THATS FINE BUT WHY TELL ME TO SHUT UP

FlowerFarmer

Veteran

I think people have really missed the point of this thread....It wasnt to bitch about KUSH

I AM MAKING A FUCKING OBSERVATION...WHY IS IT PEOPLE ON HERE FEEL THAT THEY HAVE TO BE SO DEFENSIVE ON HERE

WHAT AM I SAYING TO PISS PEOPLE OFF SO MUCH

IF YOU DON"T AGREE THATS FINE BUT WHY TELL ME TO SHUT UP

Geez, defensive much?

You are reading too much into it man. The only posts that are glaringly defensive are yours really.

You titled this thread STOP THE KUSH CRAZE. What kind of responses are you expecting to here when you're running around yelling in all caps. You say it doesnt bother you, but your OP (now edited entirely) and others read differently..

You are sick of it. Others are not.
Obviously... people like their kushes. Good observation.

:ying:

Variety is the spice of life. Lucky for us its vast in the Cannabis "scene".

Maybe you should have titled this thread "What is your favorite sativa?" The replies might have been a bit more positive. So Chef, what is your favorite strain? Your holy grail..

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Maybe you should have titled this thread "What is your favorite sativa?" The replies might have been a bit more positive. So Chef, what is your favorite strain? Your holy grail..

My fav all time strain is very very difficult to find and very few people have her...Kali Mist(circa 1998 or pre1998)

Kali Mist is hands down the best smoke I have ever had the pleasure smoked..When i was in Amsterdam in 1998. I smoked it and the high from i cut through everything else...it was like smokeable LSD

peace
Chefboy

ECtraveler

Veteran

uhhh, yeah? :shucks: You wouldn't be sick of it enough to make a thread and repeatably bolden the key phrase if it didn't bother you now would you? You are literally screaming over the screen that it bothers you.
So my question to all here is simple?

ARE YOU SICK OF THE KUSH CRAZE YET?

I know i am, [snipped by ECtraveler for brevity]

So who's with me and is SICK OF THE KUSH CRAZE

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
I like to have both Indica n sativas in my stable , cant have love without hate , sun without rain, gotta have both
TS

Muckhole

I smoke to relax my mind. Without weed, i'd be in jail now for killing some ignorant fuck. I really hate society and most people in it. Weed enables me to tolerate.
As far as Kush goes, i like it, but only if was crossed to a nice sativa. If i want to get fucked up i'll hit da Affie

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
they improved the dutch strains, not vice versa. They took those genetics and made em better. I bet the Blue Meanie is better than the UK Cheese, lol. Maybe it causes arguements cause some just don't believe the statement, Dutch is not as good as US genetics, unless the US has improved the Dutch genetics. And yea, when you don't have proof, it always falls back to the hoarded cuts, lol. No offense bro, just an honest personal observation

yes dutch strains are shit but all of the usa strains came from around the world anyway. the dutch were the best at one point. american bred strains didnt improve them because they are shitty now and were better before. usa bred= good shit dont get me wrong... but your opinion is wrong!

and with the uk scene.. have you even been here or tried anything thats rare or hard to find here?? probs not!

like i say many of the us elites have indian or thai or pakistan or whatever genetics to start with. lol shouldnt they be pathetic and claim their fame too?!

no offense taken!

T

The Sensi Rebel

Chef..

Think before you post bro.

You're getting all bent out of shape bout people not agreeing with your idea of ideal pot lineage, when half of it is bullshit and myths to begin with. No one turned your thread into a mudslinging session, it just doesn't make sense.

Sativas & Indicas = Apples and Oranges.

Ive grown 2 kush crosses, one was great and "almost" a keeper, the other one was average.

Just understand, people are going to get defensive when you title the thread "STOP THE KUSH CRAZE", making kush sound like its the hottest drug out and the local D.A.R.E. program is out to stop it lol. fuckin' chill bro, fuckin' chill!

haha, i can definately understand what you mean because I'm a Sativa, Sat-Ind hybrid man myself, but when dudes are lacing there 10kw growroom with the finest indy nugs you can find and its keeping them fed and clothed, then brothers are going to defend it lol.

Whats wrong with a high yielding, ease of growing plant? different strains, different purposes. Just develop a better argument before you post. I appreaciate your input though, and I can definately understand it in your situation regardless of preference.

-TSR

Tom Hill

Veteran
Yeah and Clarke laid some similar stuff down, Sam is no stanger to it either. But I personally feel that all those thoughts are narrow, perhaps these guys stinking ghani's are crap, I don't know (well I do but lol). The point is, making such broad statements doesn't wash, it reminds me of beginners asking what pheno they should be looking for regarding leaf size as if it is somehow permanently correlated to drug effect. It's not. -T

Tom Hill

Veteran
It's like they/you don't remember the incredible difference between the effects of Thai vs lowland Colombian, then failed to acknowledge that the same differences exists in their broadleaf counterparts, just incredibly narrow imo.

kanehbosm

Haven't been a member at a forum since FBI took Canada, but I've been lurking here for 2+months getting a feel for the community. I know my opinion carries little weight as of now, but i appreciate about 75% of the opinions in this community, which is surprising for the internet.

I actually hopped on the forum tonight to make my first post and start a discussion about the innovation in today's genes. Companies like ACE are the role models when it comes to what I want in a seed company, but there aren't many like them. I seem to find better plants in random crosses than in all the clones crossed back to some male thats been mixed with every strain in the industry for 10 years. There is nothing special about a good blueberry pheno anymore, and I think we take it for granted.

It's the breeder's job to put out the effort to find the next DJS blueberry, DTC99, flo, a11-genius, whatever you like the most. The industry(sadly, we must recognize it is one now) is indeed flooded with old genes, and it isn't benefiting anybody. I could tolerate it in silence if it really wasn't hurting the market as a whole, but it undeniably does. So if DJS, Rez, Reeferman, Shanti, BOG, etc just got complacent with the genes they were given we would still have the same market today? Bullshit. It's because BOG had the determination to keep crossing Serious Bubblegum that we got his versions. He didn't have to hunt down landraces, he just took 2 plants that existed and made em fuck. DJS probably couldn't have designed a better blueberry than what he discovered naturally. And how many great shared or private strains are probably accidental pollinations? The species did fine before we were pulling the strings behind closed doors.. Breeders aren't engineers, they do more observatory science. Nobody knew what they were making before they grew it out and tried it. It takes patience and/or luck to find the truly great ones.

OP is correct, some of these posts are strictly hate, but the poll is definitely biased(and I might love sativas more than OP). My message is similar to OP's but I word my feelings very carefully, so I'd say I'm more disappointed than angry or any other emotion, but yes I do also feel like the culture/community is not doing their job and in turn will pay for it in the long run. Gene diversity will survive through the current clone-dominated situation, but it definitely isn't as thriving as the plant we all love.

Ill piggy back on TH's above statement with a quote from the above article...

"Well, many growers judge “sativaness” or “indicaness” by different variables. A plant can have a short stature, but if it’s leaves are thin like a sativa and it has a relatively clear-headed high, the grower may say it’s a sativa, when it’s probably much closer to the center of the spectrum than a true sativa. No one variable is an absolute measurement of sativa vs. indica, but flowering time is a very telling sign and it’s the variable that I use more than any other to determine “sativaness”. Flowering time also happens to be the primary variable that caused many sativas to get selected out of the population in the first place, so it’s a good starting point to look at what a sativa really is. Truly pure, native sativa varieties flower for 12 to 16 weeks – double the flowering time of indicas. As far as I’m concerned, if it doesn’t take at least 10 weeks to flower, it isn’t deserving of the title “sativa”. I love Sour Diesel as much as the next person, but a 9 week flowering time means that it’s really just a sativa-predominant hybrid. Amnesia Haze takes 12 – 14 weeks – that’s a Sativa. NL5 x Haze is a 12 week strain with a high so clear and racy, it was dubbed “speed weed” after winning one of the first Cannabis Cups. That’s a Sativa."

And I'll repost this part for emphasis

"I love Sour Diesel as much as the next person, but a 9 week flowering time means that it’s really just a sativa-predominant hybrid. Amnesia Haze takes 12 – 14 weeks – that’s a Sativa. NL5 x Haze is a 12 week strain with a high so clear and racy, it was dubbed “speed weed” after winning one of the first Cannabis Cups. That’s a Sativa."

I couldn't disagree more with anything on the subject. What if a strain carries all the "misleading" traits of sativas, but has a 60 day flower? Oh yea, and it has no ceiling and the high is so mind expanding you forget your way out of your own neighborhood but wouldn't be caught dead locked on a couch?

The problem when characterizing strains is not knowing your audience. If it's just the smoker, then calyx ratio, internode patterns, vigor, and structure have absolutely no impact on whether he considers a strain sativa or indica. On the other side of the spectrum we have breeders and those of breeder mentality. Breeders never paint anything with a broad brush, just like a good artist, musician, or soldier. Everything is in the details, because Kali Mist, c99, or AK47 don't mean shit to me unless I know it's lineage and the grow it came from. When I had to buy my weed cus of youth, the one way to piss me off was to give me some common name not knowing it didn't share one characteristic of the strain.

I encourage all those with permitting situations to have a breeding session someday with all of their favorite ladies. Don't do it selectively, just take some males, good and bad phenos, with pollen and let the fan blow it over your ladies. Everything will be random, and you can personally sue me if you grow them all out and don't find atleast one you like as much or more, and its new and its all yours. Better yet, send me the seeds if you don't want them and I'll find something for myself. I love mutants fyi

O

otis33

My fav all time strain is very very difficult to find and very few people have her...Kali Mist(circa 1998 or pre1998)

Kali Mist is hands down the best smoke I have ever had the pleasure smoked..When i was in Amsterdam in 1998. I smoked it and the high from i cut through everything else...it was like smokeable LSD

peace
Chefboy

What happened to cannabis after 1998 that made everything pre-98 so sought after and cherished?