What's new

Stealth SOG Cab Grow. From Start to Finish. Lots of Pics.

Tony Starks

Awesome grow, def compelled me to start my own

Im doing a similar grow in a rubbermaid with 2 4 tube t5's straight from clone into 12/12. this is my first so im starting off small....4 clones at 2 weeks right now and going to get 4 more in about a week to get a perpetual going. Im in the process of building a container for all the soda bottles and i will the try emulate what you did with having them all together at the same stage.

Keep up the good work and thanks for your post!

roughnice420

Awesome grow, def compelled me to start my own

Im doing a similar grow in a rubbermaid with 2 4 tube t5's straight from clone into 12/12. this is my first so im starting off small....4 clones at 2 weeks right now and going to get 4 more in about a week to get a perpetual going. Im in the process of building a container for all the soda bottles and i will the try emulate what you did with having them all together at the same stage.

Keep up the good work and thanks for your post!

Dude that sounds sick. You should get a thread going if you haven't already, I'm really interested to see what kind of results you get with the T5s!

I'm thinking of building one of these :)

Go for it man! Just scrounge around for a suitable cab, that's the hardest part!

roughnice420

UPDATE: Day 32 Flowering, 3 sq ft, 34 plants!

UPDATE: Day 32 Flowering, 3 sq ft, 34 plants!

Shit is officially getting wild gentlemen. The plants are more packed than I could ever imagine, but they are very healthy and happy. Check the action...

As you can see, I trimmed off a lot of fan leaves and lower growth today, probably about 1/3 of the total leaves. It was just getting too tight in there and not enough light penetration. I'll probably take another 1/3 of the leaves in about 10 days, and then all the rest a few days before harvest.

About 25 days to harvest pics!!!:canabis::canabis::canabis::bis:

grama42

I started with 24 seeds, most of them being the f1s of the cross I made, a few "unknown" bag seeds, and some og kush and "purple crip" from a friend. They all got varying amounts of veg time on 18/6, with the longest getting 2 weeks of veg and the shortest going straight 12/12 from seed. The pic below shows all the babies the day flowering commenced.

I think this is around day 50 of flowering, I ended up with 15 females. The tall string bean lanky lookin ones in the front are the "purple crip" which I dislike and will not be running again. The nugs are dank, but they never stop stretching, they don't yield much, and they take 80+ days to flower...

Here's a nice shot of the cross I made, which I call "IVD." It has a skunky "sweet poop" smell and is ridiculously resiny, sticky, and just covered in trichs. I couldn't be more pleased with how "lucky" this cross came out. It yields well, flowers in 60 days, looks delicious, and gets you baked for hours.

Here's an overhead view of the action...

The best of my "IVD". Vegged for 2 weeks, finished just an inch from the light at about 19", and yielded just over 8 grams dried...

OG Kush (s1) that went 12/12 from seed, Trimmed up...

Another shot of the IVD...as you can see, there were 2 phenos. They both looked and smelled the same, but the tall pheno stretched to close to 20" with 2 weeks veg, and the short pheno hardly stretched at all, and finished at only 10" with a full 2 weeks of veg, with nugs all the way down to the ground...

Side by side of the 2 phenos...

Lastly, in the process, I made a few moms of the "taller" pheno, because I think it will make a great strain for this cab. Following Dr. Bud's cloning technique to a T, I produced a bunch of healthy clones. Here they are 5 days into veg on 24 hr light this time. I plan on vegging for 7 more days (12 total) and then I'm flipping. I'm unsure whether they'll wind up being too tall or short for the cab, because I've never grown from clone, but based on my research, they should stretch a bit less compared to the seed plant...open to any info here...I also decided to "double up" clones in a few of the pots, to see how increased density does--for a total of 21 plants in 17 5"x5" square pots.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

:rasta:

peace
wow good work nice

I don't post much if ever, and I have to say that in all my years of being involved with our wonderful plant......I am VERY impressed with your setup and skills. Minimalists always seem to get the job done effectively. Keep on doing your thing.

Be good and be safe.

mjaxon

odor control

odor control

I know you said you use ona to control order in your cab. Could you elaborate? Which version of ona do you purchase, where do you place it, and how often do you have to replace it? Thanks!

Mk3Jetta

updates????

I just read through your entire thread and your grow is sooo inspiring to me! I love the old school cab that you started with and turned it into a growing machine!

I'm trying to do the same thing but havent figured everything out yet.

Keep on trucking and I cant wait for PICTURES!!!!!

roughnice420

Please Forgive Me, Long Overdue Update

Please Forgive Me, Long Overdue Update

I am deeply sorry for leaving you guys hanging just after starting my 34 plant, 2 plants per pot, 10 per square foot, all flowered at the same time, SOG experiment!

Well here's the final update!

The pictures above show the cab at harvest time, ~55 days.

Below are some close-up bud shots.

As you can see, I had to get a little crazy and do some lst with shiskabob sticks to keep the canopy even, thankfully everything worked out well! To my surprise, my yield was about the same as my previous run with half as many plants (1 per 5" square pot). It was just too crowded, not enough light, soil, etc to double my yield. I got roughly 100 grams, and tons of trim!! I've been eating LOTS of cookies lately:woohoo::woohoo:

So the lesson to be learned here is don't run more than 5 or 6 per square foot UNLESS you're gonna go perpertual like the Doc. I think doing it perpetual (having some smaller plants in there) would allow them all to get bigger. I personally like to flower things all at once, so I won't be running them this tightly packed again. Just too much work keep everything manageable, for no increase in yield.

roughnice420

After that last crop was harvested, I had the opportunity to do one more grow before leaving the country for the summer.

My mom for my SOG runs really deserved to be flowered. She was almost a year old, had been living in a 4" square pot the entire time, had 40+ tops, and was completely rootbound.

I'd been keeping her in a mini converted file cabinet, which was a challenge, because I had a total of about 8" between the bottom of the cab and the lights. Here's a pic of her after a bunch of cuts...

And here she is a few months later, getting transplanted into a new pot with a screen I made...

Do you dig my rasta screen?:rasta:

Due to time constraints, I had to flower her by a set date in order to harvest in time to have a week to dry her before leaving the country. Unfortunately, I was also hit with a change in the PH of my tap water right when I transplanted her, which made her "lock out" for a few days. It took me a while to figure it out because I've been using the same tap water for a year, and it literally changed PH big time overnight. That was kind of a bummer, because by losing the couple of days of growth, I wasn't able to fill the screen completely, only about 75%.

The underbrush...

The biggest cola...

Looking in the cab...

The biggest cola harvested...

Oh, my baby! I'll miss you!

In the drying box, good times ahead!:joint:

I'll let you guys know in a couple days what she ended up weighing.

Peace:smoke:

krypticol

Just read thru this and wanted to simply say, "Awesome Job!"
That is probably my favorite lil bonsai mother i've ever come across! Great job on the ScrOG! Great setup! Have a great summer!

roughnice420

thanks for the kind words guys. Final yield was 87 grams. The screen was only 75% full. If it had been full I think I would have out-yielded my SOG grows.

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts