What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stealth SOG Cab Grow. From Start to Finish. Lots of Pics.

Wow, it certainly looks as though SOMEONE picked a really nice mother (or a good pollen chuck!) Everything looks very nice! I like the implementation of 12/12 from seed, Dr BudGreenJeans would be proud!

You've jumped to organic as well, this is something I aspire to do. My next grow will introduce some home-brew organic teas.

I'll shadow your grow, it seems like I can learn something from you... if you don't mind that is. :rasta:

roughnice420

The clones in there are actually from 3 moms total, but they are almost identical because the moms were all identical phenos out of my f1 cross. I think I'll probably narrow it down to 2 moms for keeps after this run. I'm also debating maybe running a couple of bubba kushes next time.

The other idea I'm tossing around is maybe running 34 clones in 17 pots (2 clones per pot), OR doing only 17 clones, but topping ALL of them at 1 week into veg, and vegging for a few days longer, to get 34 nice tops...opinions welcome!

peace

I vote for 34/17. I have yet to see anything like this... at least in the numbers you're talking about.

How do you like the Fox Farm nutes? What else have you used to compare them too?

Check out my grow. I used Advanced for most of it. The only other thing I'm feeding with is Black Strap. The soil is mostly fertilized organic compost. Oxy moron, right?

roughnice420

I dig your grow spaceghost! Looks like its working well for you. Do you think the blackstrap is making a difference?

I like the foxfarm nutes a lot, they are ridiculously easy to use, and they keep my plants healthy from start to finish. I never even have to ph my water. The "Grow Big" especially is a great fert for vegging just prior to putting them in flower--it really launches them off with lush, lush growth.

peace

roughnice420 said:
I dig your grow spaceghost! Looks like its working well for you. Do you think the blackstrap is making a difference?

I like the foxfarm nutes a lot, they are ridiculously easy to use, and they keep my plants healthy from start to finish. I never even have to ph my water. The "Grow Big" especially is a great fert for vegging just prior to putting them in flower--it really launches them off with lush, lush growth.

peace

Thanx man, you too. You asked, "Do you think the blackstrap is making a difference?" My answer is yes with stipulations. I have never grown before (MJ) so I have nothing to compare it too. However, I have read MY FRICKING ASS OFF and haven't read a bad report yet. Make sure it's Black Strap though, something about a sulphur issue. I will say despite of my lack-luster care, the buds are coming in as though I had taken better care of them. If I can say anything is working well, I'll say it's the peroxide. I'd be in a root-bound nightmare if it weren't for peroxide!

I really want to go organic for my next indoor... so I may stop buying nutes and start composting more, a lot more. I have a worm farm running right now, I'm still learning so there are lots of bugs around it. Organic buds are supposed to be the best tasting buds you can grow (allbeit at a slightly lesser yield.)

I can't wait until I know what I'm doing!

Last edited:
roughnice420 said:
Hey there micro growers, this is my first thread here, just thought I would show you what all I've been up to.

First off a little background...after much research on this board, I completed my first grow about 6 months ago. I grew in a single rubbermaid with cfls, and I started with 10 miscellaneous "dank" bagseeds from a friend. In the process I selectively pollenated my bushiest and healthiest female with a similar male. From just a couple of lower buds, I got about 50 seeds, and I decided to build a new cab and do it right...

The box is 26" wide by 20" deep and 24" tall (total growing height) for a total of 3.6ft^2. Inside I have 10 soft white (2700K) cfls for a total of 245 watts = 68 watts / square foot.

The topmost computer fans are for the exhaust, and the bottom two are intakes. I built "cages" that fit snugly over the fans, which I then tape HEPA carbon prefilter material over to keep out nasties and cut down on the smell a bit.

There are only 2 wires that come out the bottom, the one all the lights are wired to and the 12V DC power adapter.

I used these louvered vents from West Marine to cast light downwards.

I have a shelf inside that is easy to raise/lower to keep the lights just a couple inches away from the plants.

I like the idea of the louvered vents...i would like to use them on my intake holes but im needing them to be 100% lightproof..Are these good for lightproofing or do they simply just cast the light downwards?? I would love to use these on my application as they would be exactly what ive been looking for so im anxious to hear if these would work for me or not..thanks alot bro ...and nice grow by theway..keep it green :joint:

roughnice420

The louvered vents are NOT 100% lightproof, they diffuse and cast the light downwards. If you put carbon prefilter in front of them, it cuts down on a lof of light. Also, you can put a cardboard "box" around the louver on the outside, and leave only one side open to let air in/out--if you do this, and line the insides of the cardboard with black cotton fabric (socks or similar), it will really soak up a lot of light.

peace

InPotiTrust

roughnice420 Very nice grow man and i vote for the 2 palnt per pot with little veg time as knowing how much they stretch is real valuable for your next run.I've used molasses for quite awile now and to me it enhances the natural flavor and keeps the micro herd happy.They have darkroom louvers that are 100% light proof on amazon if u want to get those maybe at a later date.

Rastatrue

Hey Now,
I just want to say what a great project. Your bud production is good and your stealth enviorment, with vents makes me envious. Until I can grow outside in the yard, the micro grow is the best way to go. Those CFL lamps are amazing. I've down to a long blooming Sativa right now. It's been in flower for more than two months. I tried a bud last night, micro grow works for sativa's too! Happy Holidays man good job!
one love

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I run just about the same setup as you and have been happy with it. Yeilds plenty for me. It looks nice and clean. Keep going with your own crosses, you'll be happy. Nice job.

roughnice420 said:

Would you say that the yellowing you see here is a detriment at all? Mine were yellowing at a similar rate as yours. The middle plant on the far right is about how my two look. I began to change the feed slightly (nitrogen) to correct this. I wouldn't care at all if I planned on killing my plants after harvest, but I would like to reveg and take clones for one more winter run. :rasta:

roughnice420

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words so far. I hope everyone had a great holiday and is looking forward to the new year.

Spaceghost, I don't think the amount of yellowing in the pic is really bad at this stage, but I'd like them to be a tad greener.

So without further ado, I bring to you, Day 29 of flowering update...

It's hard to see in the pics, but the left hand side of the box is all organiclly fed (turkey manure and urine), and looks healthier and greener compared to the plants on the right which are receiving the foxfarm line of nutes. I'm going to keep the foxfarms going through the end of this grow, just to see the difference. I'll probably go all organic next grow though.

Also, even in these small containers, the polymer crystals work great. I was gone for 8 days over the holidays, and when I came back, the plants showed no signs of being thirsty, it was as if I never left!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Looking good bro I love seeing another Micro SOG grower gettin down with his CFL's!!! We sure know how to make lovely nugs in little spaces...

Hey roughnice420 really great set up. I like the intake and exhaust especially. Plants look really good, nice and squat. Are you pushing for more then 8g's a plant? 8's pretty good to start off with i'd say. I'm sure you'll increase that number as you get closer to dialing in the strain. Just had a question about your soil and nutes. 1st what kind of soil are you using? and with the FF, do you think they're yellow from nute burn from the FF? I've heard FF nutes are very strong no? But i wanted to know which ones you were using as i was thinking about possibly purchasing some FF nutes. Thanks dude. Looking good cant wait to see them finish.

roughnice420

I'm using fox farms ocean forest soil. I'm using grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom for ferts. I think they are a little under-nuted, they aren't burnt. I just feel like the chemical ferts feed them more "off and on" if that makes sense? I dunno...

thanks for all the compliments guys :rasta: much appreciated :rasta:

Thunderkel, ive been following your grows, looks super sick. I'm not running them quite as packed together as you and the Doc, but I can see how you guys pull it off!

As for numbers this round, I definitely could have vegged longer, so I'll have a lot of wasted space this run. I'm thinking I'll average in the neighborhood of 5 grams per plant, for a little over a hundred grams. Now that I know how she stretches from clone, if I got it perfect, I think I could def get 8g (or a little more) on every one!

peace

roughnice420 said:
I'm using fox farms ocean forest soil. I'm using grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom for ferts. I think they are a little under-nuted, they aren't burnt. I just feel like the chemical ferts feed them more "off and on" if that makes sense? I dunno...

thanks for all the compliments guys :rasta: much appreciated :rasta:

Thunderkel, ive been following your grows, looks super sick. I'm not running them quite as packed together as you and the Doc, but I can see how you guys pull it off!

As for numbers this round, I definitely could have vegged longer, so I'll have a lot of wasted space this run. I'm thinking I'll average in the neighborhood of 5 grams per plant, for a little over a hundred grams. Now that I know how she stretches from clone, if I got it perfect, I think I could def get 8g (or a little more) on every one!

peace

About the "off and on", yeah, I know what you mean. They don't persist, but the get "fat" when you feed them and "skinny" in between. Totally feel you there.

I'm thinking about running a SOG similar to this. I'll be a month or 3 before I'll have clones enough to do it, but we'll see. I'm not for sure yet.

Keep up the excellent work! :rasta:

roughnice420

Give it a try spaceghost, you won't be disappointed. It really doesn't take long to get some micro mothers going. Once you get 2 or 3 cuts rooted, just top the crap out of them>>>I mean really go crazy on them. They'll throw up new shoots everywhere, and fast. I'll try to get some pics of my moms for you...

peace

roughnice420 said:
Give it a try spaceghost, you won't be disappointed. It really doesn't take long to get some micro mothers going. Once you get 2 or 3 cuts rooted, just top the crap out of them>>>I mean really go crazy on them. They'll throw up new shoots everywhere, and fast. I'll try to get some pics of my moms for you...

peace

Technically I already do have my mothers. I was going to reveg the plants that I have flowering. I'll better know their habits this way. I initially did plan on using them as mothers, hence the whole reason why I chose to bonsai at all. I LST'd, topped and trimmed the roots and all of that to make them into bushes and keep them small. Even though I only have one little grow almost under my belt, I'm sure that I'll have little to no problem keeping a mother and producing clones. I love to read about things before I do them. Also, with people around like you, I have a wealth of info available.

stay safe! :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts