What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starke's Story: An LED Tale

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
I'd love to hear from anyone regarding the use of sulfuric acid for ph down - good or bad - for my own future reference.

I have been using Battery acid/sulfuric acid from the auto parts store as ph down for more than a few years with no problems...caused by the sulfuric acid at least.

starke

Final Update (Flower Day 63)

Final Update (Flower Day 63)

And so we come to the end...

Today marks the end of the ladies ninth week of flower and they witnessed their final fake sunrise this morning. I'll be chopping in the morning prior to lights on. A few final pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Will post a few initial harvest pics tomorrow.

Peace,
starke

Wow starke excellent job with the girls , they sure look frosty , I would like to hear what you think about "defol "now that you've done some on the girls , how did the secondaries filled in ? Hopefully you have close to no popcorn this time , thank you for sharing, FSG.

starke

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

FakeSun: I know the defol helped a lot. I am still removing some larf and popcorn but that is only because I wimped out and was not aggressive enough. Now that I know what I am looking at and know what doesn't belong, I'll do better on this next run.

After spending the last three months looking up towards the URSA LED every day, the ladies are now hanging from it. Gave them a rough trim to get rid of most of the fans. Final trim once dry.

picture.php

Will be back with a final weight and smoke report when ready.

Getting ready for the next round as soon as these ladies are in jars. I think I'm just going to continue with this same thread. Next round will be two Liberty Haze fems from seed, a Juan Herer fem from seed, a Hawaiian Snow fem from clone and a Super Lemon Haze fem from clone.

Peace,
starke

starke

I'm a Happy Camper

I'm a Happy Camper

So the misses and I (OK almost entirely the misses) finished trimming the remaining three ladies and putting them in jars this morning at 60%RH.

My goal for my first completed grow was a pound of quality smokable bud from four plants. Here are the stats:

First sick plant harvested early: 149.41g (5.27oz)

Remaining three ladies: 580.93g (20.49oz) Avg: 193.64g (6.83oz) per plant

25.76oz/16 = 1.61lb

For the Grams Per Watt fans:

729.33g/640 actual watts = 1.13GPW

729.33/1000 claimed equivalent watts = .729GPW

I had four one gallon bags of larf/popcorn/fans but did not weigh them as I was only concerned with good smokable flowers.

So yeah, for a first completed grow with this equipment, I'm pretty happy. :biggrin:

Harvest from the three remaining ladies:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

Last edited:
Wow starke a GPW of 1.13 of prime flowers sounds excellent!!! And the way the ladies faded , so beautifully, I will be looking for your next endeavor with more defol!!!! Thank you for sharing FSG.

starke

Thanks everyone. Trying to get the next grow lined up but the misses has thrown a kink in the plans (but a good kink). She has decided that I can build a wall in our master bedroom to create a real grow room instead of a tent. Doing so would give me a room 5.5 feet by 12.5 feet. I'd be able to run both URSAs for flower over about a 4x8 flower area and have about a 4x5 area for clones and veg. Right now the clone and veg area is in the master bath. :biggrin:

So the next grow may get delayed for a week or so for a quick build out. Either way the progress will be documented here.

Peace,
starke

Congrats on the bountiful harvest and the new room! I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with more space. You know what you are going to grow next round?

starke

Thanks FrozenFire. Next up will be two fem Liberty Haze from seed, one Juan Herrer fem from seed (freebie), one Hawaiian Snow fem from clone and one Super Lemon Haze fem from clone. Going to have to get busy on some more clones. I'm going to have to get used to needing eight to ten plants at a time instead of just four or five.

Last edited:

starke

A New Room Begins

A New Room Begins

Took the tent down today and stowed it way. Going this evening to get materials for the build out.

Tent in place:

picture.php

Tent gone:

picture.php

Room will be nine feet tall at the tall end and seven feet at the short end. 5.5 x 8 flower area on tall end and clones/veg on the short end. Window will be boarded over and walls painted flat white.

More pics to come as construction progresses.

Peace,
starke

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Thanks everyone. Trying to get the next grow lined up but the misses has thrown a kink in the plans (but a good kink). She has decided that I can build a wall in our master bedroom to create a real grow room instead of a tent.
starke

starke.... keep that gitrl close to ya.... she's a keeper...i get yelled at when i start a seed....

El Tigre

Hi Starke! good luck with your new room.
Your last run was impressing. Seems that URSA leds kick ass when properly dialed :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts