What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starke's Story: An LED Tale

starke

Life has gotten in the way this past week but today I was finally able to get the initial framing done. Tomorrow is a wash but should have it finished or close to it by Wednesday. Big shout out to cousin-in-law Luis for making it happen.

picture.php

Flower end:

picture.php

Veg end:

picture.php

More pics when there is more progress.

Peace,
starke

Last edited:

starke

Interesting. Will you access the flowering side from the veg side or give it its own door?

I'll access the flower side through the veg. Only one door I have to worry about making light proof that way. The pic of the veg end was taken looking through that doorway.

starke

Got the drywall up and taped so it is starting to look like rooms. It's been twenty plus years since I finished drywall. Forgot how much it sucks. Yep - even after 20 years it still sucks. Anyway...making progress.

Outside wall separating bedroom:

picture.php

Doorway from bedroom into veg area:

picture.php

Veg area doorway into flower area:

picture.php

Flower area looking back into veg area:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

Spaventa

Veteran
Is this in your bedroom? What insulation did you use in the dry wall cavity? Id of used those acoustic rockwool insulation slabs ..but Im a light sleeper, pumps and fans would drive me nuts.

starke

Is this in your bedroom? What insulation did you use in the dry wall cavity? Id of used those acoustic rockwool insulation slabs ..but Im a light sleeper, pumps and fans would drive me nuts.

Yep - in the bedroom. Just took over a third of the master bedroom and turned it into grow. Does my old lady love me or what? No insulation in the walls since that is where I am putting the intake vents for the passive intakes. An AC register vent on the outside of the wall at the top and one in the same wall section on the inside wall at the bottom...viola...lightproof. I grow in Hempys so no pumps and my new 10" Hyperfan I will put in a foam box if the noise is too much. The fan is overkill for this size room so I doubt I will be running it at full speed. The 6" Hyperfan I ran in the 5x5 was rarely running over one half throttle in the summer with the LEDs.

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Yep - in the bedroom. Just took over a third of the master bedroom and turned it into grow. Does my old lady love me or what? No insulation in the walls since that is where I am putting the intake vents for the passive intakes. An AC register vent on the outside of the wall at the top and one in the same wall section on the inside wall at the bottom...viola...lightproof. I grow in Hempys so no pumps and my new 10" Hyperfan I will put in a foam box if the noise is too much. The fan is overkill for this size room so I doubt I will be running it at full speed. The 6" Hyperfan I ran in the 5x5 was rarely running over one half throttle.

I got an thermostatic fan controller this year and will never be without one again. It runs the intake and exhaust fans perfectly to maintain a constant temperature you choose.

My bedroom had an "ensuite" bathroom/shower but now, its an "ensuite" veg room/nursery :)

starke

I got an thermostatic fan controller this year and will never be without one again. It runs the intake and exhaust fans perfectly to maintain a constant temperature you choose.

My bedroom had an "ensuite" bathroom/shower but now, its an "ensuite" veg room/nursery :)

I have been thinking about that option but have not pursued it because I did not know if it would be worth it. Now that I've got a room instead of a tent, maybe I will. What brand did you choose and where did you get it?

Spaventa

Veteran
I have been thinking about that option but have not pursued it because I did not know if it would be worth it. Now that I've got a room instead of a tent, maybe I will. What brand did you choose and where did you get it?

Im across the pond so mine wouldn't be any use to you.

starke

Almost There

Almost There

Life has just kept getting in the way these past two weeks but the flower room was finished today. Five very unhappy, overgrown, root bound ladies will be up potted to 5 gallon Hempy Buckets tomorrow and put in the new room for a short recovery veg period.

Room is 5.5' wide by 8' long. 10x39 Phresh Filter, 10 inch Hyperfan, two URSA Optilux LED fixtures. More pics and stuff tomorrow.

picture.php

Last edited:

starke

Back in Business

Back in Business

Like I said in the last post I have got five pissed off ladies who have grown out of control the past couple of weeks, ranging in height from 42 to 50 inches. Additionally, they were in too small of containers for their size so they were root bound. To top it all off several of them were exhibiting deficiencies probably due to salt buildup from being in too small of containers for too long.

So everybody got up potted to five gallon buckets this morning, flushed like crazy and then twisted, bent, broken and tied down to around 36" height.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I went with five gallon buckets this time in order to have some room for Hydroton to add weight and prevent perlite from constantly floating out of the top of the buckets during feeding.

About an inch of Hydroton in the bottom:

picture.php

Then pure perlite up to the level of the drain hole (about 2.5 inches from the bottom on these five gallon buckets.)

picture.php

Fill the rest of the way with 80% perlite/20% vermiculite mix:

picture.php

picture.php

And Hydroton on top:

picture.php

starke

And here are the ladies in their new home. They look pretty rough right now but I'm confident that a week or so of good conditions will bring them back around.

picture.php

Peace,
starke

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
So much room for activities.

Nice and bright too. Cant wait to see what the new room brings.

starke

Thanks bsgospel and caljim. I'm kind of excited to see what happens. In the future I'm hoping to put eight smaller, properly trained plants in the room for each run. These girls were way too big for any more than five.

Wow bro excellent work on the flowering room , now the fun starts with all the training coming in up . Are your u going to be using some sort of trellis or tie the branches to the sides of the buckets ? Now is the time to hone the defoliation skills , I will grab a bucket and observe if you don’t mind , FSG .

Latest posts

Latest posts