What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starke's Story: An LED Tale

starke

The Experiment Flower Day 21

The Experiment Flower Day 21

These ladies are holding their own and bud development is coming along, although not as fast as the buds under the full spectrum lighting. These ladies are also through the stretch and so were further bent and tied down yesterday. They also will receive a bit of defol in the next day or so.

Peace,
staarke

picture.php

nickman

Veteran
Nice and clean setup. Big ass Scrog too

I love being able to see others grow rooms...

Our flower rooms look about the same size but mine is split into two rooms unfortunately...!!!...
I really wish when I first built my room I would have known the things I know now... I would have done a few things differently...!!!...

That screen should fill up nicely...!!!...

starke

I really wish when I first built my room I would have known the things I know now... I would have done a few things differently...!!!...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have made changes following almost every grow, trying to get things right/better.

starke

Update Flower

Update Flower

Got the AC guys out this morning and they pumped a little freon into the old girl and the house is cool again.

Decided to get started on the defol and completed the front two plants today: Big Bud x White Widow and the Juan Herer.

Cleaned up the underside and top with the most obvious difference being on the underside of the screen:

Underside Before:

picture.php

Underside After:

picture.php

Topside After:

picture.php

Basically what I did this time around was removed everything that was receiving less than about 600 umols according to random samplings with my meter. The motto for this grow is "Fuck Larf!"

Ended up with a roasting pan of wannabe larf which will be dried for making butter:

picture.php

I'm going to defol the remaining two plants tomorrow. Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

starke

Update Flower Day 28

Update Flower Day 28

A day late and a dollar short as usual. Yesterday marked the end of four weeks 11/13 and the ladies are beginning to show some frost. The room now has an overall fuel smell when you open the door. I have reduced the nutes to .8ec and the ladies are happy with that for now.

picture.php
picture.php

A pic of the recently rooted next round of clones and three plants from seeds given to us by some friends. The seeds were found in a bag of "something purple" that they bought in Colorado while on vacation. The two taller plants look suspiciously male to me in structure. The squatter plant in the front I am hoping will be female, just to see what the mystery strain looks like.

picture.php

And lastly a pic of the ladies waiting for their turn in the flower room. They are getting too tall and I am about to have to get creative to keep them going for the next five weeks until the flower room is available.

picture.php

Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

starke

The Experiment Flower Day 28

The Experiment Flower Day 28

These ladies are also continuing to bud up and the Hawaiian Snow on the far right is beginning to show some serious frost. Will try to get some better close up pics in a day or so.

picture.php

Peace,
starke

nickman

Veteran
Do you clone in that perlite or do you put the clones into the perlite after they have rooted...

Also, what’s the tubes coming out of the bottom of the black buckets...

starke

Do you clone in that perlite or do you put the clones into the perlite after they have rooted...

Also, what’s the tubes coming out of the bottom of the black buckets...

I now clone directly into those cups. They contain the same mix I use for everything. Take cuttings, soak in SuperThrive and water for 30 minutes or so then stick into the cups. Simple and eliminates one transplant step.

The black tubes are just to ensure the Hempy buckets drain into the bathtub. The cobbled together drain tray I have the buckets sitting in wants to collect water at each end and not drain as intended. The tubes are just to prevent water from collecting in the tray. If this experiment turns out to be worthwhile I will build a tray properly sloped in all directions and eliminate the tubes.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Always a pleasure and something I look forward too, reading your updates on your growing.

They are coming along nicely, filling out the screen very well once again.
Already looking forward, to see that canopy next week!

Happy growing

OZZ_

Veteran
Nice log, just read through all 26 pages. Thanks for keeping me entertained today while I’m at work. I’m stuck in a small Metropolitan condo for the time being so had to design a micro cab out of an armoire. It’s scratching the itch, but ever notice when you scratch an itch it just itches more!? I’m really missing my big boy toys but I have another year before we move so for the time being I’m a micro grower.

If your bored I’d be honored to have you check out my thread, I’m chopping the first test run next week then next up is ACEs Panama:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=365060

In the meantime I’ll be following closely.

Subbed!

Last edited:

starke

Update Flower Day 35

Update Flower Day 35

Five weeks down and still growin'. The buds are beginning to show some sparkle and have begun filling in with that typical hybrid pyramid shape. The ladies seem happy for the most part and I will be reducing the nutes to .6ec for this coming week.

picture.php

A Juan Herer bud:

picture.php

Super Lemon Haze:

picture.php

Liberty Haze:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

The Experiment Flower Day 35

The Experiment Flower Day 35

These ladies seem to be happy at present, especially considering that they were up-potted, defoliated, bent to hell and flipped to flower all on the same day. Although flipped the dame day as the ladies in the flower room, these ladies are at least a week behind in bud development due to the harsh treatment they received.

picture.php

The Hawaiian Snow is the most trich covered of any of the ladies here or in the flower room:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Status Update

Status Update

The Experiment section of this grow is over. The misses and I received an unexpected house guest today and will be needing the unrestricted use of our master bath. Accordingly, the three lovely ladies were re-homed to a friend who just got their FL medical card but did not have the resources to grow. He is at least smart enough to realize he is not going to pay dispensary prices and does have the balls to grow. So three ladies, spare LED fixture and fan have a new home.

Peace,
starke

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Experiment section of this grow is over. The misses and I received an unexpected house guest today and will be needing the unrestricted use of our master bath. Accordingly, the three lovely ladies were re-homed to a friend who just got their FL medical card but did not have the resources to grow. He is at least smart enough to realize he is not going to pay dispensary prices and does have the balls to grow. So three ladies, spare LED fixture and fan have a new home.

Peace,
starke

Good one starke helping a friend :good:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Yeah thats a greate gesture, both towards unexpected house guests and a mate not yet equipt to grow.

Im sure he will get hooked on growing now, they looked well on their way to finish up as some dank ladys.
So if he don't mess up too much, he should end up with some nice bud and the wish to grow more.

starke

Update Flower Day 42

Update Flower Day 42

Week six down and the name of the game now is stackin' and swellin'. Feed remains at .6ec and will remain for this week. Flush will begin next Monday as these ladies all finish reliably between eight and nine weeks.

Not a lot to report. The pics say more than I can. Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php