What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starke's Story: An LED Tale

starke

Update Flower Day 49

Update Flower Day 49

Closing out week seven and the ladies are busy swelling and putting on trichs. Playing around with a wifi digital microscope that runs off a cellphone ap. Kind of hard to hold the mic, the bud and the cellphone at the same time but I'm getting the hang of it.

A random sampling of buds reveal most of the ladies are running about 30 percent cloudy trichs this morning. The flush begins tomorrow with some .3ec nutes for about three days followed by ph'd RO well water that comes in at .1ec, until finish.

The ladies before lights on this morning:

picture.php

picture.php

A couple of trich pics:

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

OZZ_

Veteran
Closing out week seven and the ladies are busy swelling and putting on trichs. Playing around with a wifi digital microscope that runs off a cellphone ap. Kind of hard to hold the mic, the bud and the cellphone at the same time but I'm getting the hang of it.

A random sampling of buds reveal most of the ladies are running about 30 percent cloudy trichs this morning. The flush begins tomorrow with some .3ec nutes for about three days followed by ph'd RO well water that comes in at .1ec, until finish.

The ladies before lights on this morning:

View Image

View Image

A couple of trich pics:

View Image

View Image

Peace,
starke

Damn it’s looking nice up in there.... rocking it. :headbange

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Starke. This has been a really enjoyble thread. Thanks for keeping it going. Not sure if the bb x ww is a clone, if it is I was wondering what you thought of the smoke, cheers

starke

Starke. This has been a really enjoyble thread. Thanks for keeping it going. Not sure if the bb x ww is a clone, if it is I was wondering what you thought of the smoke, cheers

The BB x WW is a clone but it is from free fem seeds I received from Herbies.

The smoke is nice. Kind of a cheese smell and taste with a warm mellow high. Probably leans more towards the Indica side but no couch lock by any means. The misses and I enjoy the smoke so I keep a clone of her around.

starke

Update Flower Day 56

Update Flower Day 56

I'm a day late and dollar short again - yesterday marked the end of eight weeks flower. The Super Lemon Haze was chopped yesterday at somewhere between 5% and 10% amber trichs. The remaining three ladies are rapidly approaching being ready and will probably be harvested tomorrow or Wednesday.

Last pic of the remaining ladies still standing:

picture.php

Couple of trich pics as of this morning:

picture.php

picture.php

Next update when hanging.

Peace,
starke

starke

Final Flower Update

Final Flower Update

The remaining three ladies were chopped and rough trimmed beginning about 5:00am.

I've mentioned it before but for anyone just tuning in, rough trim is about all that happens here since I grow only for personal stash and family.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with the size and density of the buds this round and will be keeping the four plant scrog configuration for the next round. Larf and popcorn were greatly reduced and I ended up with only two pans of trim, including all fan and sugar leaves. Needless to say I am happy.

ARRRRRRGH mateys, a couple pics of this rounds booty:

picture.php

picture.php

Time to go strip the room and start transplanting for the next round. Haven't made up my mind if I am going to bother weighing the final results or not. If I do they will be posted.

Peace,
starke

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Mighty looking bounty matey, but from what exotic travels did you acquire that lamp? :D

Buds are looking great, congrats on the harvest!

starke

Mighty looking bounty matey, but from what exotic travels did you acquire that lamp? :D

Buds are looking great, congrats on the harvest!

That lamp is the first thing I designed, programmed and cut on my little CNC plasma table - about 15 years ago now. With all the grandkids running around most of the time, she has been relegated to our bath.

starke

A Little Update

A Little Update

Just a few things to bump this thread back from page four obscurity:

The last grow is in jars and continues to cure as the misses and I and the kids enjoy it daily. No, I did not weigh anything.

The trim from the grow plus an oz of BBxWW made some potent coconut oil that was turned into gummies according to member Arthritis_sucks recipe. If you have not tried it, it is excellent and the gummies keep forever at room temp. You can find it here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358862

I currently have four ladies in the flower room that have been vegging there since the harvest. This next round will consist of BBxWW again, Sour Orange Diesel, a Trippleberry pheno from member browntrout and a Liberty Haze again. These ladies will be cleaned up and flipped to flower on Saturday. Pics and updates will start then.

So here's a funny story. A couple of months ago I posted this pic in this thread with a comment that the three plants on the right came from some seeds friends gave us that they found in some CO dispensary weed they purchased while on vacation. They could not remember what strain other than it was "something purple or purple something."

Pretty sure I also commented that based on structure I was expecting the two plants on the left to be female and the tall lanky plant on the right to be male.

picture.php

Turned out to be just the opposite. The males were culled and the lanky lady was unceremoniously bent over and flipped to flower on 10/25. First pistils appeared on 10/30. She is in a "flower room" formed by a corner in our master bedroom and two duct tape and cardboard walls. Lighting is six SILs in a bullshit homemade fixture. I'm sure this setup is not light tight but she has not hermied yet. I am impressed with her vigor and frost on the sugar leaves at this early stage of flower. Took her outside this morning to clean out her cardboard home. Sorry she blends in so well with the background.

picture.php

And a pic of the early frost. I have clones of her I'm happy to say in case she turns out to be a bag seed treasure:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

P

pongster

very cool thread, read it fully between yesterday and today,
will be my guide for defoliation
thanks a lot brother
:rasta:

starke

very cool thread, read it fully between yesterday and today,
will be my guide for defoliation
thanks a lot brother
:rasta:

Thanks pongster. Defol is a two edge sword. I agree with those who argue against it when it comes to depriving the plant of it's energy sources. If I lived in a more enlightened state and could grow outside I would probably not even consider defol.

But,,,for my indoor area it is mandatory unless I want mold, larf and fluffy buds.

starke

Not quite there yet

Not quite there yet

Life (read grand kids) has gotten in the way these last several days so only the front two plants have received the needed defol before flower. I'm hoping to finish the rear two by tomorrow after the grand kids go home.

At least the delay provides an opportunity for some defol comparison photos for anyone interested.

Top of the screen. The two plants in the foreground have been defoled. The rear two plants have not:

picture.php

Top of the screen front two plants:

picture.php

Top of the screen rear two (not defoled) plants:

picture.php

Bottom of front two plants:

picture.php

One more pic below.

Look at the legs on them girls! Things are gonna be getting super rowdy in short order :biggrin:. Thanks for saving my seat in the grow room stark!

Latest posts

Latest posts