What's new

Bigfoot - Legend Becomes Fact?

oldmaninbc

i appreciate you sharing your story man
i believe that you saw something and it was something out the the ordinary
but like you mentioned, with the popularity of the shows on tv you get a lot of nutters running around the woods
sometimes you just get a feeling when in the wild that lets you know something else is out there
usually its nothing, but its a weird feeling all the same

@oldmaninbc
that sounds like a sweet gig and i bet you had a lot of good information
i love hearing about local folklore and stories
At 50 years old I needed an occupational change. I did a year long certificate course at a community college. My choice of work could be in parks, museums, historic sites and galleries. Over the years and considerable research, I learnt a lot about my province's historical, natural and cultural identity. I love old stories about prospectors, pioneers and how business people brought about change through innovation. Of course not all business people were respectable; like the coal mining magnate Dunsmuir, if there was a mine collapse, it was save the mules first, they cost money, miners can be replaced free.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
At 50 years old I needed an occupational change. I did a year long certificate course at a community college. My choice of work could be in parks, museums, historic sites and galleries. Over the years and considerable research, I learnt a lot about my province's historical, natural and cultural identity. I love old stories about prospectors, pioneers and how business people brought about change through innovation. Of course not all business people were respectable; like the coal mining magnate Dunsmuir, if there was a mine collapse, it was save the mules first, they cost money, miners can be replaced free.
oh wow man! that sounds like a cool gig
so you take a year long certificate program and you can be park docent?
i would enjoy doing that!
plus if you are into history it just all the sweeter action man!
one of the boys is into history, i call him the professor now, because he is a real professor of history
/he dosent make $hit for all the fancy schooling, but he is doing something he loves so he is the richest man in the world as far as i care; plus he knows a lot about history so he is fun to talk to

that would be cool to learn more about the local flora and fauna, plus do they give you a free campsite and chow? when you are on site

this is why i appreciate your story sir and stories like @Tynehead Tom where they are first hand accounts
real stories i can hear from real people

Last edited:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
there's a number of view points out there, I'm looking at these sightings as paranormal
other sightings of different things may have some tie in with 'bigfoot' sightings
and there is some photographic evidence, it's been mentioned earlier
but a bigfoot corpse/remains? nah, and there may never be if this phenomena is paranormal, whatever that means
alright back to bigfoot talk im curious whats your view on the paranormal angle im open to all theories and ideas. i been back and forth with what they could and couldnt be

igrowone

Veteran
alright back to bigfoot talk im curious whats your view on the paranormal angle im open to all theories and ideas. i been back and forth with what they could and couldnt be
I'm using paranormal as a large 'bin' for all manner of very unusual observations/encounters of stuff that seems to defy our knowledge of the world/universe
bigfeet could be a rational phenomena, i.e an unidentified species
but I suspect it's not, bigfeet is 1 of many cryptid phenomena
unusual lights/ufos also seem to occur in association with cryptids
and ghosts/reincarnation ..., all this unusual stuff may be tied together
and I have no clue how or why, just that there's too many observations by otherwise credible people to ignore

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
yup heard of the ufo bigfoot angle that one really get the skeptics panties in a bunch some in the bigfoot community think they can cloak. the ghost stuff i believe for sure is weird energy out there our eyes can only see a small bandwidth of colors whats out there who knows what or is on the other side of the spectrum
main-qimg-888b253a79217e0840bb3143d989c6a8-lq.jpeg

igrowone

Veteran
ufo and bigfoot, 'ems fighting words for some
BFRO is a decent organization, more credible than some others
but they see bigfoot as an elusive species, just another member of our tree of life on earth
ufos and bigfoot just don't mix in their universe

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
i was gonna ask you if youve checked out bfro but figured you had seeing the know in some of your post's
i believe them to be elusive species to masters of the land. heres my super tinfoil hypothesis on bigfoot with a ufo twist in there. they are our missing link in the family tree that we cant find and that our visitors from above used their dna with the bigfoot to make a hybrid and we are the product of the two. i told a buddy that he told me to layoff the acid ahaha

xtsho

My grandfather did some logging in Oregon back in the 1940's. I remember him telling us stories about seeing things out in the woods. My siblings and I thought they were true. I realize now that he was making them up. There is no Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, or whatever people want to call it.

cbotany

Dudes and Duddets, I've not seen a bigfoot but I'm gonna tell you, I've heard something that sounds like a howler monkey across the street several times a few years back. I've ruled out owls, peacock ect ect, but it sounded like a primate. But with that said I live in an area where people kinda do what they want if they're not hurting anyone I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually had some primate as a pet.

cbotany

My grandfather did some logging in Oregon back in the 1940's. I remember him telling us stories about seeing things out in the woods. My siblings and I thought they were true. I realize now that he was making them up. There is no Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, or whatever people want to call it.
You'd be surprised man, truth is stanger than fiction, I'm agnostic on the bigfooted guys walking around. The stories of Yowie, Yettie, Sasquatch ect ect are older than the usa. But I also believe in the Buffalo Calf Woman, so there's that.

oldmaninbc

plus do they give you a free campsite and chow? when you are on site
Not the parks I know of. I am speaking in a Canadian context.

Interpretive programs are usually done under contract, the parks put out a Request for Proposal(RFP) and a business owner will submit their proposal. The course I took was designed around being an entrepreneur. Graduates could start their own companies and bid on a RFP that a provincial or national park would request, or you could hire yourself out to a business owner.
Some of the graduates from the Interpretive Program went on to work in museums, parks, galleries and some started their own business. One individual went to Costa Rica and started a kayak tour service another started a tour company for wineries. Your only limited by your imagination.

Sometimes accommodation might be provided but not usually.
If you applied to be a campground host through the parks you can get free campsite.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ahh ok, its not a campground host, more a guide type thing?
i used to do a lot of camping and got to know a few campground hosts who live on site part of the year and they were always nice people!
but that sounds much more interesting, like would you give tours and guided walks and stuff?

oldmaninbc

ahh ok, its not a campground host, more a guide type thing?
i used to do a lot of camping and got to know a few campground hosts who live on site part of the year and they were always nice people!
but that sounds much more interesting, like would you give tours and guided walks and stuff?
You do a lot of school groups as well, they show up by school bus from kindergarten through high school. They usually show up at the end of school year. The students go on guided walks learning about local flora and fauna.

It's the evening programs that can be about different topics. Sasquatch Park had history associated with early logging, you could see many examples of historical logging, going back to the days of steam power.

You really have to be good at public speaking, doing the evening program at the park(amphitheater) could have an audience of 100 people. There are many ways to get a programs content delivered. Slideshows are good. I have seen interpreters use a slideshow and have a guitar player playing music to accompany their presentation. It's really all about entertaining and education combined.

Taking the interpretive course was one of the best things I ever did.

If your inspired by that career, find a learning source and begin your career. I never looked back it was great fun.

I worked at a historical site and a very large car club attended who were on a car tour. They wanted to learn about the early years of flour making.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
You do a lot of school groups as well, they show up by school bus from kindergarten through high school. They usually show up at the end of school year. The students go on guided walks learning about local flora and fauna.

It's the evening programs that can be about different topics. Sasquatch Park had history associated with early logging, you could see many examples of historical logging, going back to the days of steam power.

You really have to be good at public speaking, doing the evening program at the park(amphitheater) could have an audience of 100 people. There are many ways to get a programs content delivered. Slideshows are good. I have seen interpreters use a slideshow and have a guitar player playing music to accompany their presentation. It's really all about entertaining and education combined.

Taking the interpretive course was one of the best things I ever did.

If your inspired by that career, find a learning source and begin your career. I never looked back it was great fun.

I worked at a historical site and a very large car club attended who were on a car tour. They wanted to learn about the early years of flour making.
that sounds sweet!
could people camp in the park where this was at or was it just a place you spent the day?
i would totally go on a guided tour through the local habitat and then hear cool stories after dark
power points are fun to watch and its even better when you have a sme to explain what you are looking at
so the early years of flour making?! lets hear it
/not to derail too much, but it sounds neat
/feel free to throw is a bigfoot sighting if you want, he could be roll a grind stone! but no pics
that would just bum me out:(

oldmaninbc

Yes, it isn't the largest of parks but has about 180 camp sites, three lakes and a big beaver pond. It totals about 1,230 hectares.

I had surgery this past Friday and still feeling somewhat under the weather.

Flour making goes back to prehistoric times. The historic site I worked at was centered around waterwheels as a source of power. Millstones would grind the grain, the ground grain would be put through silk fabric to separate the ground grain. It was an early production line. Flour dust is very explosive.
The log mill itself had this shiny spot on the logs and showed evidence of wear. It was where the miller's butt would rub up against the logs while doing his work. Visitors would always get a chuckle about the miller's butt rubbings.

A whole other added story can be around the silk trains that delivered raw silk from Vancouver to New York which silk fabric was manufactured. The silk trains held priority over any other train transportation. They were insured to the hilt and didn't stop for anyone or anything.

So a programs main focus would be flour making but there are many other interconnecting stories that can be told for educational and entertainment purposes. The history of grain, millstones, the construction of the actual mill, the pioneers who travelled through the area. There are many educational stories that can be told.

I would encourage you to do some research and see if this work is to your liking. I enjoyed every day that I went to work for the first time in my life. Even if it was a bad day for whatever reason.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

in tosh.o voice
brickleberry!

Yes, it isn't the largest of parks but has about 180 camp sites, three lakes and a big beaver pond. It totals about 1,230 hectares.

I had surgery this past Friday and still feeling somewhat under the weather.

Flour making goes back to prehistoric times. The historic site I worked at was centered around waterwheels as a source of power. Millstones would grind the grain, the ground grain would be put through silk fabric to separate the ground grain. It was an early production line. Flour dust is very explosive.
The log mill itself had this shiny spot on the logs and showed evidence of wear. It was where the miller's butt would rub up against the logs while doing his work. Visitors would always get a chuckle about the miller's butt rubbings.

A whole other added story can be around the silk trains that delivered raw silk from Vancouver to New York which silk fabric was manufactured. The silk trains held priority over any other train transportation. They were insured to the hilt and didn't stop for anyone or anything.

So a programs main focus would be flour making but there are many other interconnecting stories that can be told for educational and entertainment purposes. The history of grain, millstones, the construction of the actual mill, the pioneers who travelled through the area. There are many educational stories that can be told.

I would encourage you to do some research and see if this work is to your liking. I enjoyed every day that I went to work for the first time in my life. Even if it was a bad day for whatever reason.
oh wow man, that sounds sweet!
so you would know the best camp sites to reserve!
they had silk industry as well!
thats pretty wild
out here in the southwest you will find some rocks with these divots in the, its where ancient people used to grind their grain!
thats pretty cool i thkn

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
ya the clackamas river is a hot spot would love to hear the old logger stories from late 1800's to early 1900's. thats what brought patterson and gimlin humbolt them loggers were finding massive tracks 3 different sizes guessing dad mom and child

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Dudes and Duddets, I've not seen a bigfoot but I'm gonna tell you, I've heard something that sounds like a howler monkey across the street several times a few years back. I've ruled out owls, peacock ect ect, but it sounded like a primate. But with that said I live in an area where people kinda do what they want if they're not hurting anyone I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually had some primate as a pet.
same never seen one but stepped on my back porch one night for a midnight toke could see the deer out in the field under what little moonlight we had after my first toke and cough i spooked somthing stalking those deer man sounded like 1ton rodeo bull crashing up through the woods never heard anything that big rip through the woods ever