What's new

Starbucks funding anti-marijuana lobbying.

Starbucks funding anti-marijuana lobbying.

• Yes!

Votes: 268 94.0%
  • No.

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

Skip

Veteran
I pay all the taxes I owe, Dongle. Who are you, the IRS? ;)

You gonna go thru this site and ask everyone if they pay their taxes? I would advise against that.

I would also advise against insulting any member of this site.

D

dongle69

I pay all the taxes I owe, Dongle. Who are you, the IRS?
You gonna go thru this site and ask everyone if they pay their taxes? I would advise against that.
I would also advise against insulting any member of this site.
You support the feds with $$$ yet you are promoting a nationwide boycott of Starbucks?
My "doesn't make sense" meter is going off.
OK, I'll ask everyone right now...
Are you all paying federal taxes (supporting actual anti weed entity) at the same time you are boycotting Starbucks?
This is one crazy witch hunt.
Again I will say try promoting a boycott of an entity that actually deserves it.
I know, silly of me to argue in a thread where logic does not exist.

Skip

Veteran
You support the feds with $$$ yet you are promoting a nationwide boycott of Starbucks?
OK, I'll ask everyone right now...
Are you all paying federal taxes (supporting actual anti weed entity) at the same time you are boycotting Starbucks?
This is one crazy witch hunt.
Again I will say try promoting a boycott of an entity that actually deserves it.
I know, silly of me to argue in a thread where logic does not exist.
Let's see you've repeated yourself quite a bit now, and now starting with personal attacks. You've been warned already.

D

dongle69

Let's see you've repeated yourself quite a bit now, and now starting with personal attacks. You've been warned already.
I have made no personal attacks.
Just honest observations.
I'll leave this thread so y'all can continue.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Skip

Veteran
I have made no personal attacks.
Just honest observations.
I'll leave this thread so y'all can continue.
Good, I'm not here to meet up to your expectations, and don't appreciate your snide comments.

But before you go, answer us this, do YOU pay your Federal Taxes?
So is my troll meter...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
cool down guys....

....and just make your own coffee, like I do...

....got a nice bit of Asian Robusta on the brew right now....ahhh.....sweet java!

Skip

Veteran
Another possible success of this boycott, is that it was a shot across the bow of any company that tries to support these anti-cannabis groups.

Starbucks itself is going to be watched very closely in Seattle by cannabis activists because a new legalization initiative is underway there now. If Starbucks or its franchisees support any groups that are fighting against legalization, we'll probably find out about it now, whereas before, no one would know or care...

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I have a cold caramel capuccino....I forgot it outside when I brought my groceries in....like 3 hours ago. It's still good!!! :coffee: It's Biggby (AKA Beaners)...no crap ;)

jd4083

Veteran
Well now it's clear, dissent against the flow of popular opinion on ICMAG and you are branded a government agent in no uncertain terms.

Gypsy, I hope you are taking note of the kind of blind idiots running your site for you.

By the way, Skip, that ^^ was an insult. You are truly a simple, simple person and I feel sorry for you.

cya guys

edit- btw to answer your question Skip - I am here because I have enjoyed cannabis for a decade and continually look to improve my experience growing and consuming it. this forum has been a wonderful help for that and I'm sorry that people such as yourself contribute to the "us vs. them" mentality that has been an issue since the start in this community

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fire bombing ?

I believe this comment violates the law.
I would either rephrase your comment or the moderator should remove it.
Advocating an act of terrorism on a public forum isn't very smart.

I dont think it violates the law, but adding a jk at the end might be good. attracting federal attention in that way, is not something we want to do at all.

I really doubt that anyone would really take it that seriously anyways, but there is always a Glen Beck type of person out there that will twist your words and miss quote you to make you seem like a terrorist.

Maybe I am just paranoid.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
A boycott of a large corporation is NOT a war drum. Your ridiculous view has not been removed. I wish I could erase the hate and lies I read but my brain retains the bad with the good. You sir need to step into the real world. How about showing us in this thread some of your production for the MJ community.

Peace, :joint:

What happened JD forgot about this posted request / challenge?

Peace, :joint:

vta

Veteran
Not sure its been mentioned but Starbucks has opened and is testing, a new type of coffee house in Seattle that sells wine and beer. So now they are getting in the alcohol biz and we all know how the alcohol biz hates MJ. SAFER in CO should have fun with that.

Skip

Veteran
Speaking of the Safer site, you'll note they haven't stopped their call for the boycott. So the ones who started it are still doing it.

I like that organization, Safer! Look at what their new initiative is, getting College campuses to treat cannabis like alcohol, by reducing all the penalties for using & possessing it on campus. A great initiative, I wish them luck!

]A[Boss

yes they want to sell alcohol because they know 60+% of their customers are college students. They know nothing about cannabis.

unoeye

Alot of those companies in that list are stores in Breckenridge, CO and rely heavily on tourist to support there buisness. Living there for 8 years I know how much they depend on online reviews of there stores and resteraunts to bring them buisness. I for one will be telling people to stay away from there establishments while on there vacation via review websites. It may sound like a dumb idea but it does hurt them because owners do read online reviews of there buisnesses

The Liquid Lounge (coke heads are cool I guess but no mj)
Burke and Riley's Irish Pub
Carver's Ski, Board and Sport
Mountain Tees
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Sorry for the rant but for living in breckenridge for so long it disgusts me that these places would support this bull shit and I will be calling everyone of the buisneses to let them know they are garbage.

Oh yeah Breck just decriminalized marijuana also.....