What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~ Star Crash ~ Outdoors 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 23rd annual New York State harvest fest is actually occurring this weekend they are following social distance guidelines with a face mask but guess what ? I’m gonna go meander around the grounds today just to see if I can make a few friends... One arm included

Quietman

Congrats on a good season. Been seeing really good things in CNY so far this year.
How was harvest fest? Have not been since the Hancock days. That festival along with Rob & co are the epitome of "we will survive"

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I havent been to the harvest fest in years always a good time there
Very good turnout this year demand was huge I went just as a regular guy and I Tells you I wasn’t Very impressed with anything that I saw
Congrats on a good season. Been seeing really good things in CNY so far this year.
How was harvest fest? Have not been since the Hancock days. That festival along with Rob & co are the epitome of "we will survive"
I won the cup in 2006 with C 99:biggrin: yesterday I did Trade/pick up a Chem dog clone ... supposedly Chem dog foUr? we shall see
Great job my friend !!!!

:yay:
Thank you only now beginning the real job of trimming and processing

Montuno

...como el Son...
Hey star, Re your post on dog training, Before going to a shock collar how about a dog trainer. If you find a good one they will help you understand your dog and communicate better. I had some issues and the guy was like the dog whisperer. It was like instantly the dog got it. We did have a problem with our dog digging holes and used a shock collar. It worked and we never had to use it again.

My experience is that treats are the top priority for dogs and rewarding good behavior works.

Hola star crash.

I don't know what kind of problem you have with a dog, but maybe I can help you if you tell me... The wrongly used snake collar can produce even the opposite effect to the one desired: Look, the snake collar in professional training is used mainly to encourage and enrage the dog before a figure (and with very subtle pulls of the leash), that is, to "add" energy" to the dog, and not to "subtract energy", which is what the public mistakenly believes it is for... (so that the dog doesn't pull...).

Well, I'm going to continue watching your "ganjanal" (out of thax, I'm afraid) but first I take the liberty of leaving you a couple of pictures of some of my dogs: "Taliban", who passed away recently, and "Yako":

picture.php

picture.php

Salud !

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
Thx

If I had to arms at my disposal things would be a lot different with this dog but right now she’s already too strong for me to walk without her yanking me all over the place it’s really painful

Thanks

Ah, well! Is that all? That has an easy solution with a strap and a collar that can be sliding or even a simple fixed collar... If you are interested, I explain you which and how is a simple exercise to do...

Montuno

...como el Son...
I get it. Man you got a tough situation.

When I started with the dog trainer he had me use a choke collar with spikes that go towards the inside. It sounds worse than it is. With that collar he used a light weight leash that lets you have a fine control. The correction was a quick, not harder than necessary, snap. It really worked. She learned quick to heel, sit and stay.

Maybe some practice indoors for him to get the message

Someone who needs a choke collar to teach the basics of basic obedience is a lousy trainer.

Pd: And If by "shock collar" un the other message, you talk about an electronic impulse collar, know that this tool can be counterproductive and even very dangerous in neophyte hands: you can get the opposite effect to the desired, sink the character of the dog, or even cause a direct attack on the nearest live target

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Very good turnout this year demand was huge I went just as a regular guy and I Tells you I wasn’t Very impressed with anything that I saw

I won the cup in 2006 with C 99:biggrin: yesterday I did Trade/pick up a Chem dog clone ... supposedly Chem dog foUr? we shall see
Thank you only now beginning the real job of trimming and processing

Never been to one of these in a illegal state, are folks sitting at tables vending buds in the open or what?

What kind of prices were you seeing there for indoor, OD, and west coast?

You have many plants out still? I'm almost half still outside getting ripe and stinky with killer forecasts for the next week... Blue Dream is insane with frost and SSH too....

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola star crash.

I don't know what kind of problem you have with a dog, but maybe I can help you if you tell me... The wrongly used snake collar can produce even the opposite effect to the one desired: Look, the snake collar in professional training is used mainly to encourage and enrage the dog before a figure (and with very subtle pulls of the leash), that is, to "add" energy" to the dog, and not to "subtract energy", which is what the public mistakenly believes it is for... (so that the dog doesn't pull...).

Well, I'm going to continue watching your "ganjanal" (out of thax, I'm afraid) but first I take the liberty of leaving you a couple of pictures of some of my dogs: "Taliban", who passed away recently, and "Yako":

View Image

View Image

Salud !

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Man or man you impress me with everything you do ...thats incredible animal ! and yes I agree and I have contacted a professional trainer to help me out...:bump:

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never been to one of these in a illegal state, are folks sitting at tables vending buds in the open or what?

What kind of prices were you seeing there for indoor, OD, and west coast?

You have many plants out still? I'm almost half still outside getting ripe and stinky with killer forecasts for the next week... Blue Dream is insane with frost and SSH too....

All my stuff is in now Chunky..except for the GMO thing ..I had pretty good luck...For outdoor it’s not too bad at all...the harvest fest was wide wide open:biggrin: Prices are all over the place & quality you would’ve laughed at mostly..People came from as far as Atlanta to vend set up with ...distillate some things like that...The distillate is huge now the shipping in by the gallon from the West Coast it’s insane I want nothing to do with it... I saw some good bud ...mostly schwag

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Looks like a hell of a season man, nice work! Put some of that into getting a nice used tractor, it will be the best tool you have ever owned.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Man or man you impress me with everything you do ...thats incredible animal ! and yes I agree and I have contacted a professional trainer to help me out...:bump:

Well, if the dog just pulls on the leash a lot, that's not a very important problem.

There are simple exercises that can help you. Even in youtube.
Of course, a professional is always the best; the problem is knowing the good from the bad. And more so in the United States, where I think my "cousin" Cesar Millan has caused havoc, he, he...
I recommend you to professionals who know the "Cognitive-Emotional" method. With this method, official guide dogs for the blind are trained in Spain, and its use has expanded to other fields such as Search and Rescue, and even to police and military dogs.

I leave you a video of Marina Moreda, the daughter of an acquaintance who uses this method and is IPO-IGP Spanish Champion and part of the IPO-IGP world elite, Juan Carlos Moreda:

Pd: about the "Cog-Emo" dog training un Wikipedia:

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adiestramiento_canino_cognitivo-emocional

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdvWGEX2YNE

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=890500178084749&id=100013743247276

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
Haven't looked at this thread in a while. It looked like you were doing well this year but holy shit. Nice work. Most people don't realize the difference between chopping down a couple decent plants with decent ganja, then hanging them in the closet until they're dry to the touch. Then jars and burping. Compared to pulling off a real crop, pulling them down to the day perfectly ripe, stripping all the fan leaves, not smashing or fucking them up, getting them hung up within a few hours of harvesting, dialing in your drying area to the correct temperature, and letting them dry to their full potency and effect.

I'm not seeing any mold or mildew, hopefully you avoided that shit. Looks sticky and frosty. The genetics are impressive, besides the obvious potency the yield looks good and it looks like it finished early enough. You've got it dialed in.

That's a beautiful dog but I can tell it's high energy. I'm glad you're on it, realizing the need of getting it trained. I'm friends with an elderly couple, they live in a cabin out a ridge and they have two half-wild pups. They've had their hands full training them and last winter the worst happened. They jumped up on the woman, knocked her down and she broke her back. I was worried about her, she's in her 70s and bodies at that age don't always heal. She did 6 months of rehabilitation and is back to 90% of where she was. Doing great. Last time I visited the pups were still half wild like pups are when they live loose in the woods but socialized. To the point I don't think they're going to knock anyone down again.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like a hell of a season man, nice work! Put some of that into getting a nice used tractor, it will be the best tool you have ever owned.
Plan on it ... I have a Lotta land now to work with & a lot of it needs to be reclaimed...I don’t know what I can get done yet
Well, if the dog just pulls on the leash a lot, that's not a very important problem.

There are simple exercises that can help you. Even in youtube.
Of course, a professional is always the best; the problem is knowing the good from the bad. And more so in the United States, where I think my "cousin" Cesar Millan has caused havoc, he, he...
I recommend you to professionals who know the "Cognitive-Emotional" method. With this method, official guide dogs for the blind are trained in Spain, and its use has expanded to other fields such as Search and Rescue, and even to police and military dogs.

I leave you a video of Marina Moreda, the daughter of an acquaintance who uses this method and is IPO-IGP Spanish Champion and part of the IPO-IGP world elite, Juan Carlos Moreda:

Pd: about the "Cog-Emo" dog training un Wikipedia:

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adiestramiento_canino_cognitivo-emocional

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdvWGEX2YNE

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=890500178084749&id=100013743247276
Thank You:bow:
Haven't looked at this thread in a while. It looked like you were doing well this year but holy shit. Nice work. Most people don't realize the difference between chopping down a couple decent plants with decent ganja, then hanging them in the closet until they're dry to the touch. Then jars and burping. Compared to pulling off a real crop, pulling them down to the day perfectly ripe, stripping all the fan leaves, not smashing or fucking them up, getting them hung up within a few hours of harvesting, dialing in your drying area to the correct temperature, and letting them dry to their full potency and effect.

I'm not seeing any mold or mildew, hopefully you avoided that shit. Looks sticky and frosty. The genetics are impressive, besides the obvious potency the yield looks good and it looks like it finished early enough. You've got it dialed in.

That's a beautiful dog but I can tell it's high energy. I'm glad you're on it, realizing the need of getting it trained. I'm friends with an elderly couple, they live in a cabin out a ridge and they have two half-wild pups. They've had their hands full training them and last winter the worst happened. They jumped up on the woman, knocked her down and she broke her back. I was worried about her, she's in her 70s and bodies at that age don't always heal. She did 6 months of rehabilitation and is back to 90% of where she was. Doing great. Last time I visited the pups were still half wild like pups are when they live loose in the woods but socialized. To the point I don't think they're going to knock anyone down again.
I love that dog she’s my emotional support dog ha ha
Reverend I’ve literally had to finish off the season With a paralyzed arm and a dislocated shoulder ...it’s really true... I have had help though and I continue to have help with the processing and trimming and stuff... Much peace to you

Status
Not open for further replies.