What's new

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'm jealous over your berry harvest. i've got wild black raspberries in my yard, plus what you call wineberries. locally known as red raspberries. best places to pick are on road right of ways, but local counties have declared war on them, mowing and spraying every time they show up. my bushes? damn birds keep them stripped as quick as they ripen. aint eat one of my own for three years now...:badday:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
We always called these wineberries to differentiate from regular red raspberries. Wineberries are just an Asian version of raspberry and were introduced from Japan. They are "furrier" and look reddish from all the tiny hairs.
They are covered in trichomes and leave your hands sticky. I'm pretty sure that snoop dog was talking about these when he said "the real sticky icky" 😆
I'd love to find a paw paw tree. Ive been looking but haven't seen any. They are supposed to be the biggest indigenous fruit of US.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
We always called these wineberries to differentiate from regular red raspberries. Wineberries are just an Asian version of raspberry and were introduced from Japan. They are "furrier" and look reddish from all the tiny hairs.
They are covered in trichomes and leave your hands sticky. I'm pretty sure that snoop dog was talking about these when he said "the real sticky icky" 😆
I'd love to find a paw paw tree. Ive been looking but haven't seen any. They are supposed to be the biggest indigenous fruit of US.
got pawpaw trees all over here. there are a few folks selling saplings from known good lines, some trees grown from seeds/cuttings on properties owned by George Washington & Thomas Jefferson. Washington made ice cream from his. i've got seeds in the freezer left over from those i made shine out of last fall. they need freezing temps for a few months in order for them to sprout the next spring...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
got pawpaw trees all over here. there are a few folks selling saplings from known good lines, some trees grown from seeds/cuttings on properties owned by George Washington & Thomas Jefferson. Washington made ice cream from his. i've got seeds in the freezer left over from those i made shine out of last fall. they need freezing temps for a few months in order for them to sprout the next spring...
I saw one in West Virginia years ago on a hike searching for fossils. But it was too early for fruit.
I've never had one.
In walking distance from my house are mulberries, black raspberries, wineberries, and black berries.
I grew up about 20 minutes from Washington's boyhood home Ferry Farms. It was 20 minutes back then, probably closer to an hour now with all the traffic.

herbgreen

Veteran
Yeah, ...all that energy And more energy is needed to light and cool

Its a paradox

I think of warehouses and empty parking lots with more lights and no mind blowing plants under them

I sit here at this very moment pondering these very solutions in the future

And here with my ''The Solar Greenhouse Book" Edited by James McCullagh

In my head I have a rough plan involving a chain saw, a few bags of cement, and reclaimed windows

The roof and actually whole thing could probably be made with these polycarbonate panels

Underground tubing connected to fans that move air down 5 ft underground the length of the greenhouse and then circulate it back up to the surface

Warm air circulates stabilizing the temp

Greenhouse has three solid sides holds the heat better and uses a south facing heat collection wall

Probably the roof could be a double layer for winter areas

Its a cheap way to go.....:biggrin:

Most of this is not even in the book this is just what I've gotten from different sources

Gather most of that stuff for free somewhere if you use windows They must have better R value

Last edited:

Akss

Phew idk I keep hearing it's gonna be 80 something but seems to be 90 something everyday..
Screenshot_20220723-143412~2.png

laszlokovacs

Great haul! I'm jealous lol they look absolutely delicious. Eradication efforts have definitely ramped up in the past few years. They actually grow in NYC and I used to pick them as a kid sometimes but my favorite/best spot is fenced up right now and I havent had time to climb in there.

Humidity today kicking my ass I feel you dude. Wouldn't want to be checking up on my grow today- wearing a hoodie and long pants to avoid the ticks has been pretty brutal these past few weeks. This is my first year doing any real growing and loving the guerilla thing so far- super addicted currently- picture taken 8 days ago.
IMG_4156.JPG

First zucchini's I've ever grown also came in about 2 days ago- No idea what im gonna make with them but i like the way they look haha.
IMG_4195.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts