What's new

SSH F2 (the freebie growers thread)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cougar... these look nicer / danker than any of the parents did :D think you've got this strain dialed to be honest mate :canabis:

A

arcticsun

TY m8 :D ive run SSH once before, i knew what not to do atleast hehe.

That one is putting on some nice weight still, her sister is seeded, she looks to be finishing alittle sooner. She is very similar in structure and size.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
artic do ya have private set on pics cause im not seeing any pics, anyway i have 3 ssh f3 seeds left gonna germ some soon, peace

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
alright chaps
here is a bit more detail about the plants:from 8 seeds we got 3 females. They were vegged all in all for about 3 months but for some of that time were tucked away in a corner of the room just hanging about. Once the plants had got to around a foot (35cm) in height, and were given adiquate light and nutrition they began to grow fast with v long internodes-this stretch increased during the first 2 weeks 12/12-but they also began to flower almost immediatly, particularly, what turned out to be, the fast pheno. This plants growth characteristics, its stretch, flowering and overall vigour, reminds me of DP Powerplant, although i'm not suggesting that they are related (that was for the lawyers).

Our plants are under a screen (scrog) beneath a 600w HPS along with one AK and one Belladonna. The fast pheno SSH started to flower and form sizable buds before either of the other strains. For me, this was a pleasant surprise as this particular AK cut is a fast finisher itself. Since about week 4 they have stopped any vertical growth and are swelling up and ripening. Brown pistils began appearing on the fast pheno from, roughly, week 5. The other 2 SSH plants have had a similar growth pattern, but with less overall vigour-later bud formation-less dense buds which are ripening much slower.

As for resin-it started showing earlier on the fast pheno-but so far i'd say they are about average-or maybe slightly less that average- in their frostiness. Having said that we are only in week 7-who knows what's going to happen? The smell of them is, what i'd call, a classic haze aroma-a sort of woody floral smell-like incense-with a slight acrid tinge. They smell really similar to a Haze/HashPlant/Skunk#1 X that i made with a friend and grew out his summer, which makes me wonder if the Haze gene(s) associated with the transmission of that smell are in some way dominent?
We don't yet know how they are going to smoke-but by the look of things so far-the fast pheno is going to be a keeper. I'm going to throw some Ripen on them tommorrow which may speed things up a bit.
I'm already wondering how it will do outdoors in the UK.
bigup Doc and the breeders
eddieS

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
hmm supersilverhazers
we cut ours down about 9weeks ish -it's heady stuff and is starting to smell more lemony by the day
smoked my first sample a couple of days ago and ended up sitting in an empty room laughing to myself-carefull-it's heady stuff

yeah awesome pics Artic Sun

eddieS

dagobaker

im wondering why they didnt cross the best 2 males with the highest yielding and most dank females.........then u can possibly do f3s based on crossing the best f2 male and best f2 female

James Morrison

~*MR.MOJORISIN*~
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to arcticsun again.

Wow man..I've never smoked or have grown SSH..its allways been top 10 on my list, this thread might boost it up to top 5.
Well done everybody and thx to the generous souls the give in our community//K+
:joint:

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran

my ssh f2 was a dude and i made seeds, this is casey creek haze female(above) from this casey creek female (below)

i revegged her and was gonna go for a back cross
but the seed i germed came out female so sweet, might germ more soon, thanks for the freebies

A

arcticsun

how about some finished product pictures.

SSH F2
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The taste and smell is sweet and candylike or fruity i think. It doesnt have much of that floral taste. I can taste a sweet kush like flavor in them.

Real nice smoke. Im quite enjoying it.

:thanks:

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
damn arcticsun, i have to spread around some rep for you, too!

picture.php

Wow! i wish i requested these! :joint: take care, all!
ArcticBlast

Latest posts

Latest posts