What's new

SSH F2 (the freebie growers thread)

spreadhead

i got theses freebies some time ago...5 pak...i grow in a cab under a 150 hps...i am not sure if i have enough light/room to properly finish.
my first go-a-round germed 2 and got 1 female...she showed her preflowers very fast but never did anything...after 3 months flowering indoors i had terrible looking buds...i did not have the heart to kill her so i gently planted her out doors to see if she would countinue to bud..she did but whimsy looking. so a month or so ago i germed 3 seeds. 1 died and now 2 weeks into 12/12 one is a female the other has not shown..(i am thinking female)
my question is that i know the sex should i take her out of the flowering cabinet until i can dedicate the whole cab to her growth...i depend on getting 60 grams every 8 weeks and i do not see this plant doing this. was thinking that i could veg her out until spring because i have serious concerns under a 150 hps

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
"Nice pics Eddie "-cheers Doc

thats a hard Q spreadhead-i remember someone unluckily getting a v long finishing pheno (for pheno read geno;) ) maybe you got another on your first try-you can see from the thread that the X yields pretty well.

just a couple of comments: it cured up lovely, the more skunky plant (im trying not to say pheno here) got a really intense pot pourri /incense smell-it's heavenly. The big, early finishing plant ended up smelling more sweet and citrus -strong limonene

the hit is great-quite visual, quite psychadelic, motivational without being jittery. Having said that on several occasions over Christmas i was thinking to myself 'im far too stoned to be in this situation' but i think that i got away with it.

All in all-i got lots of other interesting shit to grow but we're doing a proper run with the big pheno (oops) because i need to smoke ALOT more of this ganja
cheers guys
eddie

oldtokerz

hello SSH fans, both seeds planted ,2 girls.its day 19 flower and they look happy.they are both about 25 inches tall now. in a 3 liter pot.feel free to comment ,never grown haze before so i am just winging it so far.:biggrin:

A

arcticsun

Some dry shots of a top for you guys..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sorry im not more creative with the pictures lol.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Killer !!! Nice bud cola-photos ppl :yes: full props to Shantibaba ,, and Franco :canabis:

We found some other bags of SSH F2,, with #7 and #4 written on them,, not knowing what to do best we slammed dem in a baggie and sent them to Bill and Ben the seedbay men,, hopefully someone can make more "WEEED",, out of them ! lol

Bill n Ben,, n WEEED! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE

Peace n love to all Flower Pot Men (and the Ganja Queens and Ladies) :D

Until next time goodbye good ppl :wave:

A

arcticsun

heh heh, im not clever enough with the camera :D

I may not have mentioned, but I have a couple of hundred offspring from these SSH F2's and an automatic flowering Finnish guerilla strain (SSH/Pehkuruder). Im going to do some selections on them towards summer.

Hopefully it will work out to an automatic SSH guerilla strain in the end :D

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Community Notice :

The bulk majority SSH F2 freebies sent into seedbay in Jan 2010 were sourced as normal from labelled SSH F2 packs like this...

picture.php

Several of the individual packs of SSH F2 freebies sent out in Jan 2010 however,, are suspected to have come from a 'Cheese x SSH' (unlabeled) pack by mistake.

This is a classic example of why its important to label seed stocks!!!

The Cheese x SSH seeds are paler,, and the flowers grow much fatter :D

Hope this helps

Last edited:

oldtokerz

day 51 12/12 , really nice , beautiful smell.:biggrin:

on a side note one of the two girls had cuts rooting in 8 days ready for trans. this is a first in my garden. very pleased

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Just popped the last 4 of my freebies 3 days ago. Might have one non-starter. My seeds were frozen for a while in a non deep-freeze freezer (yeah, no kidding) and then left in a fridge for a year. The seedlings are a bit weaker than I'm used to, but they all seem to have sprouted. Just waiting on the last one to finish breaking the surface.

The first I popped a while back and it showed male balls in less than 2 weeks.... so it got the axe. Definitely looking forward to finding something worth keeping as I've seen some beautiful photos on here :D

Stay Safe! :tree:

oldtokerz

hi DocLeaf, yes these are Fritillary Seeds Super Silver Haze F2's. i got 2 packs as freebies from 2 orders, so i decided to crack 1 bean from each pack as i have limited space right now. They are amazing. Smell great, 1 plant's cuttings rotted in 7 or 8 days. I have 4 mothers vegging and another 4 clones in the flowering room. I will get more pics today.:biggrin:

luciano28

Doc Leaf,

Wanted to say thanks for the great F2s, I got 3 females altogether and the other 2 might of been too, I culled them before knowing. Out of the 3 fems, I got 2 magnificent phenos. One that branches well and needs to be staked because they weigh so much and another that grows a single cola from clone. I like the branchy one myself.

I did get one crazy ass female that wouldnt stop growing and got completely out of control(and this was a clone!!). I wish I had the Bushmaster for that one. Maybe she would of turned out better. She was so beat up frome me trying to keep her under the hood, she didnt turn out so well. Was good weed, just didnt look that great.

I ever find my computer cord for my cam, I'll post some pics. Been running these F2s for the last 9 months pretty much in some form or another, with the branchy pheno being the last seed I popped like 4 months ago, Im thinking about getting rid of the single cola pheno for the branchy one since it yields better and the smoke is similar.

And if anyone is growing these and you get a crazy pheno that can grow 2-3 inches overnight during stretch, I highly suggest you go buy a bottle of bushmaster before it gets out of control, follow the "FT. Bragg" directions on the bottle. Just make sure you give it to flowering clones and not your mom, had to give my friend another mom because he is retarded. It stops all growth and really turns her into a bush.

I actually think my "branchy" pheno is the same plant as the other female I didnt like. Just didnt have the bushmaster to control her the first time and turned out bad.

I did not experience the less frost some growers report using Bushmaster, at least not with this strain. But ssh is a longer flowering variety. I dont wanna sound like I work for the company that makes BM but I really love the stuff and I think I finally found a way to grow sativas in my small flower space. I cant wait to try this stuff outdoors this year too.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
luciano28 :D Thanks for the feedback,,, we just passed SSH F2 onwards.

oldtokerz :yes: Looking mighty fine :canabis:

Tony Danza

I've run one of these girls 4 1/2 times now and she is an absolute star. Great smell, long lasting awake high, good yield, beautifully eye popping nugs. Beats the crap out of anything I've actually paid for.

Thanks again.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
The freebies we received in January are actually Cheese x SSH?
I gave the pack to my boy thinking they were f2's, he might even be more gassed that it's a Cheese cross.