What's new

spiritlevel: BB Cheese & 1.2kW-HPS

spiritlevel

And there I was thinking no one is paying attention lol.... I persevered non the less.. They are pretty good aren't they.. I'm pleased.. Now that I've started to flush em I can see good maturation commencing.. thanks pccdrom & Nav330 for dropping by... I just love the cheese, but I'm going to make way for other things to commence, One more cheese grow with the current feeding program and I should have formed a good bond with this genotype... I want to some how produce triple the current bud mass, along side trying something new just to keep the excitement at saturation point.

A joy of cheese is quick bloom time without compromising the overall quality. It's the best thing ever to be born out of the UK, even though the parent genetics were acquired from other land masses.

spiritlevel

Navigator330 said:
wow spirit.... POTM! I flipped mine into flower to sex and they are so small right now.... I was going to just flower them but now im thinking that it would be wise to grow them out.

whatever you do, keep on top of feeding... these phenos have a tendency to lack Nitrogen early on but it would have been my methodology which was totally made up

spiritlevel

Day 44 / 47

pH'd water. removed a joints worth of calyxes and rubbed a rizla on a couple of buds to make it sticky with mashed up trichomes... Very very smooth even though they aren't completely ready for smoking. In fact I'm surprised at how good these wet calyces fresh of the plants smoke. I may chop of a proppa nugg in the middle of the week so when I'm doing the final trimming at the end of the week I can grin at the greatness of my works lol.

Now for todays pix...

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

449r.jpg

Next photo shoot will be during the harvest festival, I can smell that day already!!!

pccdrom

spiritlevel said:
... I just love the cheese, but I'm going to make way for other things to commence,

does that mean that spiritlevel is actually gonna grow sommet other than cheese? Will this new strain recieve the same attention as your beloved cheese????

spiritlevel

pccdrom said:
does that mean that spiritlevel is actually gonna grow sommet other than cheese? Will this new strain recieve the same attention as your beloved cheese????

Of course not!! Cheese is the 1! i before e except after c.

I will still be growing cheese, but maybe 1 or 2 of something else to complement the aesthetic value of watching bud grow. The thing about cheese is it's better than all the other strains I've worked on/with/witnessed... grapefruit, strawberry cough, mazar, chronic, AK47, Big bud and my first ever crappy attempt at shiva II. Sensi star and G13 are on par, but cheese is the better one... Other strains have a lot to live up to if they wanna be in my bloom room... But I'm now opening the doors to contenders. Can't beat a 50 day bloom with no loss in quality and smokability!! You might agree when you give your the chop that cheese is the only strain worthy.

pccdrom

^^^i disagree. i am not a commercial grower^^^
i would like a nice sativa, & would wait woteva amount of days for it 2 bloom.
people on rd lke it, (cheese) because of the name.
It does smoke nice, & seems to take to the hydro very well.
You have worked with it a long time, so i appreciate your affection for the strain. lol. enjoy.

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

Damn spiritlevel I remeber looking at this one a long time ago and now it just looks so good. Great nugs man, That cheese is some FIRE looking nug man. That looks like a great smoke. I cant wait to see the harvest pics and check out the weight. It looks like it packed on nicley just depends how dense they are. Good luck man and I hope you get a fatty harvest and a great smoking sack! :wave: keep it green brother :joint:

spiritlevel

Day 48 / 51 FIN!

Day 48 / 51 FIN!

Thanks for Dropping in Bigtimer7 & ~Shhh~

I haven't updated for a while...

Day 46 / 49 - I flushed them again with some pH'd water. I removed a few more yellowing leaves to aid late light penetration. They look orite I guess.

Day 47 / 50 - Yesterday. The day before the last. I took some pix. There are quite a few images, hope everyone likes them.

Plant Number 1 from Mother Number 1 ( have pix from the bloom of the mothers if any one wants to browse )

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Plant Number 2 from Mother Number 2

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

The other Plant Number 1 from Mother Number 1

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

The other Plant Number 2 from Mother Number 2

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Plant Number 3 from Mother Number 3

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

The other Plant Number 3 from Mother Number 3

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

spiritlevel

Above

IMG_0487.jpg

Side

IMG_0486.jpg

Front

IMG_0485.jpg

today I chopped em to make way for the hydro grow that never was but is going to become. I'll be up and running with a fresh set of cheese on hydro in a week, with one or two special guests being tested for their worth along side in pots.

Here Are The Harvest Pix, Day 48 / 51 Bloom

Empty Drying line

IMG_0488.jpg

Full Drying Line

IMG_0494.jpg

Bud

IMG_0495.jpg

more Bud

IMG_0501.jpg

Stinks a lot, more than my last cheese grow.. kinda scary.. someone said they could smell it outside the room, but I think they're full of shyt.. glad this one was a success, getting ready for round 4 any day soon

Queso45

Awesome job spiritlevel. If you don't mind me asking, do you have an estimate as to your yield per plant?

spiritlevel

Queso45 said:
Awesome job spiritlevel. If you don't mind me asking, do you have an estimate as to your yield per plant?

No its a surprise, for me & you watchers

pccdrom said:
i see the difference in the bud from previous harvest & this harvest.
wot did U do different?

A few things PC.

veged for extra 35 days
bloomed in 6 L instead of 15L
different grow medium composition
Big Bud and Overdrive better timed
No flushes throughout grow
different balance of organic and synthetic
watering/feeding every other day without fail
temps have been more stable as we're still in winter, last cheese was tail end of summer and grow room got rather warm at times
we watched movies and listened to tunes of a better variety than previous
I put a big dutty padlock on the door.

couple fings really

pccdrom

yeah i got 2 padlocks on mine now, lol.
smaller pots reg feed, thats the way i would do it in soil.
nice growing.

Queso45

I'm growing Big Buddha Cheese right now as well... does yours always finish early at around day 50? I remember the package saying 50-75 days i think, so yours must be fast finishers. If my cheese finished half as tasty looking as those nugs you have I'd be really happy.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
we watched movies and listened to tunes of a better variety than previous
I put a big dutty padlock on the door.

Lmfao! that one gave me a good chuckle mate :D Your plants look great SL, 50 days harvest as well damn, need me some of that shit!

nice work...

spiritlevel

yes, always early here.

thanks all for looking at this thread..

i'm currently vegging 56 cheese and will be blooming them under 5 * 600w hps. pretty much the same feeding regime. hoping for 100 ounces... no thread!! I won't be threadding this one, but wish me luck.. Maybe sometime in future I will do a journal which may include pics from the growing that occurs between now and then and then inclusive... not too comfortable broadcasting what's ahead while i'm doing it... we'll catch up after summer folks

S

stonescafe

im growing greenhouse cheese
hope these are summit like yours fuckin awsome dude!

Latest posts

Latest posts