What's new

spiritlevel: BB Cheese & 1.2kW-HPS

spiritlevel

Day 35 / 32 bloom

Day 35 / 32 bloom

As the plants enter week 5, things still look promising.

Still observing decaying leaves. I'm having to remove a few every other day when I water them. Buds are maturing at a gradual rate, nothing of exponential proportions as of yet.

Today's feeding consisted of

10L - Water this time instead of usual 6/7L
7ml - Barricade - Potassium Silicate
12.5ml - F1 - Fulvic
25ml - H2 - Humic
10ml - Carboload
12.5ml - Overdrive
5ml - Sensi A / Sensi B

EC1.5 pH 6.32

spiritlevel

Day 36 / 33 bloom

Day 36 / 33 bloom

Photo op. enjoy!!

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

spiritlevel

Today I've removed more decaying leaf matter and one or two leaves that looked as though spidermites were colonising on the underside. The calyces are developing nicely, still at a steady rate. I expect they will start packing on weight any day soon. I'm goin to start easing off the food slightly. I'll be giving them a little less amendments and more bloom food. Todays feeding is

9L water
5ml - B52
15ml - Overdrive
15ml - Carboload
c40ml - Mother Earth Bloom

EC1.6 pH 6.4 without pH down so I left it at that.

The EC is a little higher than I wanted to give them, but there is still plenty time and growth left in them. A few pistils are starting to change. I feel as though there are still a good 3 weeks left of development left in them. I'd much prefer if they finished early as their mothers did.

spiritlevel

^^ Good Luck ^^

01-27-2008. A bit cloudy as I can't seems to remember much.

15ml - Carboload
12.5ml - Overdrive
4.5ml - Sensi A / Sensi B

EC somehow reached 1.5 / pH 6.?

spiritlevel

Today then, took of numerous leaves because of decay and yellowing.

Fed;

20ml - Carboload
15ml - Overdrive
10ml - Sensi A / Sensi B
5ml - B52

Calyx development coming on nice. Still stinking, literally moments away from flushing as pistils are now starting to change. Won't be long til the weigh in.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice work spirit level, they look like they are battling yellowing
& spidermite quite well IMO. They are definately very frosty man
that's fer sure... Most BB cheese I have seen grown was finished
between 56 - 70 days, do you still think these will be finished early?

BTW I have had the dreaded BORG aka spidermites a few times, and the
only way I got rid of them was to neat bleach my walls floors, pots, systems
etc etc, and then go again from scratch. Or you could segregate the infected
and spray down with your local hydro stores chemical concotion (they all have
em ;) ) But you will still run the risk of any left when you move the plants or
hiding around the growroom.

Good luck with them man, the key is 'zero tollerance' with them spidermites.

spiritlevel

Hi ~Shhh~, thanks for dropping a comment. Yes, they are coping really well. So long as I don't wait until the pots are bone dry, and keep some amount nutes available the majority of the time, and keep up with the removal of decaying leaf matter and keep attempting to whip the pests into line, they are able to keep on growing some how with little or no sign of growth impedance with regular mentioned maintenance. Hydro is speaking loud to me now as I see elsewhere folks blooming cheese using different methods of water culture and not encountering such chronic yellowing.

Yes, I agree with the relatively short bloom times. I previously cut down a cheese crop after just 45 days blooming. I don't think these will be 45 days, but with the new signs of pistil colour transformation I certain harvest isn't far away. My landlord is impressed with the overall development and can't wait to try some :) I plan that these will finish between 50-60 days.

As for the pests, I think I would be more inclined to follow your lead with bleaching the grow space, or using some other kind of antibacterial disinfectant, then probably a room blast with cyanide before bringing the new plants in. Previously I was doing perpetual growing and always had some plants half way through bloom as some were finishing. This time, there is nothing ready to enter the bloom room, so I will have an empty space to conduct some serious cleaning.

Thanks for dropping in ~Shhh~

Last edited:

spiritlevel

Day 39 / 42 Bloom

Day 39 / 42 Bloom

I think I'm looking at 8-12% pistil change. It's come on quite sudden. Some colas have started to swell up with nice calyces. Some branches, though not many, are now showing signs of not being able to hold the weight of the end buds. There hasn't been a need to remove and leaves today. I just so happened to feel the weight of four pots and somehow I must have forgot to water one yesterday so I've mixed a similar feed and given it to plant number 2. She didn't look like she was suffering drought, so I caught it just in time.

I removed a lot of leaf matter yesterday from all plants. This time not for decaying as much as bettering the light penetration to the lowest bus sites. As the plants come nearer to their harvest day, I'm less wooried about moving a lot of leaves. The first time I took this measure, on a previous cheese grow, it improved the density of the lowest buds. I'm hoping this time it will be the same result even though I've changed one or two variables.

spiritlevel

Day 41 / 44

Day 41 / 44

Yesterday 40 / 43

Pistil change is in full flow, as is calyx development. I now see very apparent daily changes. I do believe these will be finished between 50 and 60 days now.

Still quite a bit of wispy/fluffy bits on the lower portion of each plant. Trying to do my best with trimming back leaves to aid light penetration. The strain seems quite resilient to having limbs trimmed. Growth hasn't appeared to slow even though leaf removal has been a regular duty quite a while. They are now smelling more mature. They are kinda loosing their sweet middle age aroma and getting on to a rich adult peng. I'm not overly excited about what their final weight may be coming in at, but so long as they out weigh the combined weight of my previous 3 cheeses I'll be happy.

Today's feed

15ml - Overdrive
20ml - Carboload
7ml - B52
4ml - Sensi A / Sensi B

EC1.4 pH was 6.5 but lowered to 6.2.

The ladies seems to be enjoying a drink. The pots, except the one I missed on the feed day, were all lighter than usual. I believe now is the time they will begin to put on most girth. The next few days will determine whether or not I am right. I've only given them 1L again as this gives me a definite every-other-day feeding regime and more control than 15L pots and 3-4 day feeding regime.

I have quite a few flies in here. I forgot the fly traps on the last visit to the hobby store. I don't think they will be a major problem. The spidermites have kinda kept at bay since the last blast with Pest Off. I'd like to do a full room clean up as soon as these get the chop.

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

pccdrom

respect. i like them. yellowing subsided. yeah nice growing, will be more than happy if mine come on like that

spiritlevel

^^ Yours WILL be same or phatter ^^ though yours a much taller... i'm eager to see what you pull per plant. whatever you get it will be good. push your plants with food. I hit 1.9, you ought to be able to do that and more. don't ease off the food too early, I think I may have come back to 1.4/5 too soon. realistically I'd like to try being around 1.6-1.8 at this stage to see how they do. next time i'm moving to greater extremes, tho it will be hydro.. get EC up to 2.0 for 2 weeks then drop off will be my next aim. I'll step from 1.2 to 1.8 in a short time is my plan... cheers for checkin it

spiritlevel

^^ Thanks ^^

Today, final phase! I'm flushing these all week! So 42 / 45 Days so far. By the time I give them the chop, likely friday or saturday we'll be up to day 48 / 51. I'm ahead of myself with clones and need to get the room sanitised for the next batch. With any luck I will commence a perpetual cheese crop with a couple of special guests. In future I will not be harvesting when I simply feel like it, but needs must...

Last edited:

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow , i love ur cheeses ,i can just smell them now.
mouthwatering ,i cant wait to crack mine now ive seen urs.
gonna run the big buddahs against green houses version c what i can come up with.
again ...nice grow

spiritlevel

Yes Yes blackone. If I remove the flimsy stakes then they would fold under their own weight. The lower buds aren't that amazing, but they will be just as good a smoke as the upper buds.

And m@rg. They smell brilliant. I love to get up close and have a good sniff. I think they appreciate the intimacy lol (co2)! Crack yours right away and get them growing. I dunno if mine are the original but the last time I grew it I was wasted for 4-5 weeks without a comedown and I didn't get bored of smoking the same ole stuff day in day out... fantastic, only to be somewhat disappointed by my AK47 attempt .

wow spirit.... POTM! I flipped mine into flower to sex and they are so small right now.... I was going to just flower them but now im thinking that it would be wise to grow them out.