What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Southern Cannabis Alliance (SCA manifesto)

right on... it's actually not suprising at all for you to not own a scale... most people who grow just for themselves have no need for it. I'm seeing more of the sssdh spring up in other threads, so i guess I'm gonna have to look into it. GL with the borg man, I know how frustrating those little bastards can be (although I've never had to deal with them in my grows)

wspman

Mr. Nice hits Dixie!

Mr. Nice hits Dixie!

It's Mr. Nice party time, just can't choose which one to start first. Best problem I every had:)

wsp

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Hope all of you good people down in the dirty have a great thanksgiving. Don't blow up things with the fried turkey!

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
any suggestions that have worked for you? I'm thinking about doing some swamp tubes next spring and would like to cage them for protection...how close does the grid need to be to prevent deer & rabbits?

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I used DeerOff with my minimally successful late outdoor grow this year. Its basically egg solids and peppermint oil. A few singles got eaten by something, but my larger plot of 5 only had one plant topped early by someone.

Next year I plan on planting in very thick brush, and putting up a small fence for critters. I don't think deer like waist to chest high brush, so I'm hoping that will fend them off along with clogging up the entrance/exit with debris.

I can't really say about your swamp tubes, if its in the swamp though you probably won't have to worry about rabbits or deer, but be beavers beware.

I've thought about growing on some islands in the swamp, they can't be accessed by motorboat, only paddle because of the floating grass marshy stuff all over.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Good to know. Thanks. We're bordered by avid hunters but there is a nice defensive wall along the heavily wooded portion of our land. I'd like to get back in there and throw 5-10 plants.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
those hunters, yes, they are a bit possessive about their land this time of year. I'm glad hunting season isn't during growing season, with early strains you can beat the hunters by a long shot, with the longer finishing strains, choose your visiting times wisely

wspman

Damn deer are a pain in the a**! Not only do they f up your crop but I been hit twice this year on the road. First of the year, one hit me in the pickup. Very little damage but couple months ago, one hit me in an Honda. Man, you wouldn't believe a deer could f up a car that bad! One whole side, gone!

Outdoors, I have had pretty good luck with Irish Spring soap. Stuff has a strong scent. You can pick it up cheap at Sam's and Costco. Put a bar in a old pair of pantyhose and hang it next to your plants. And it's perfectly safe for the land:) Depending on weather, a bar will last for couple weeks or more.

wsp
gl

texas is the place to be... unless you get caught with a brand new pipe out of the smoke shop still in the brown bag pigs pull me over for not using my blinker pulling out of the parking lot into the neighborhood behind the shop (im a pizza guy i know backroads to avoid this mess and i swear they were staking the place or me out was in my old cadillac pretty ghetto but still) back to the point they pulled me out the car and searched my person and they found the pipe clean as a whistle and still in brown bag taped shut! said whats this son? i said it was a gift for my grandpa he smokes pipe tobacco been using a wooden pipe i figured he might like a glass one to experiment with, they both chuckled i couldnt help but laugh at their matching handlebar mustaches, ne wayz they went to their car ran my lisence came out good but they decided to leave me with this dandy piece of paper says possession drug paraphenallia court date set in january... wonderful state i reside in

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I would think it would only be paraphernalia if it had cannabis resin in/on it. I would at least consult with a lawyer about it and plead not guilty in court. You would think they would have to prove it was being used for illegal purposes.

Did you open the bag for them or give them permission to search your vehicle? Why?

Paraphernalia sounds harmless enough, but having anything other than a traffic violation turns you into "scum of the earth" category by the people who do background checks.

And ask for your tobacco pipe back when its over.

I would think it would only be paraphernalia if it had cannabis resin in/on it. I would at least consult with a lawyer about it and plead not guilty in court. You would think they would have to prove it was being used for illegal purposes.

Did you open the bag for them or give them permission to search your vehicle? Why?

Paraphernalia sounds harmless enough, but having anything other than a traffic violation turns you into "scum of the earth" category by the people who do background checks.

And ask for your tobacco pipe back when its over.

you would think that they would need a probable cause to search me and my car but they did it ne ways without my permission, its hard to stand your own against cops when your 19 years old sportin a fresh mohawk and stud going thru your lip, cops around here can get away with ne thing the county i am in is the biggest in texas and the most populated as well we just got rid of a crooked ass sheriff and now we got some new cat whos making more stealthy police cars, i got pulled out of the same car a while back (1992 cadillac brougham google it lol) the cop actually did catch me and sum buddies smoking he ripped me out of the car handcuffed me and didnt say a word i still had my keys in my hand! without a word said they were tearing apart my car rippin my leather seats open even tho there were some holes when i got back to see the damage my driver side chair was stripped of its leather! they also ripped down my headliner and broke just about whatever trim inside that wasnt metal, ne ways they found and old lauraset under teh seat or something prolly came from the guy i got it from old guy was prescribed those i stay str8 only self medicated cuz im a pretty hyper upbeat kind of guy but im angry most of the time i have high anxiety and i refuse to take xanax and things of that nature, back to my point (lol sorry im stoned) the first thing the cop said to me was your lookin at a 4th degree just for havin that pill, well 10 mins later they uncovered my broken vaporizer, 2 scales, some weed i had no idea i even had (bobby brown swag nasty shit prolly one of my friends) papers blunts and to my suprise my subwoofers which they claimed were stolen (which i have a receipt for in teh glove box magically disappeared) all together a whole trunk full of shit, they let my friends go and pulled me out the car my head was bleeding from bashing it against the plexi glass inside i figured if i was going to prison they'll have to put me in the psych ward gahh back to my point lol pulled me out unhandcuffed me and started interrogating me about who my "connect" was said they didnt want to bust me the lil guy they wanted a big fish i told them im not a drug dealer im the end user the scales were to make sure i didnt get ripped off they wouldnt take it they wanted a name so finally i gave them a john doe name raymond aka ray hernandez (in texas there are plenty of ray hernandez's) they bought it took my shit all but 1 scale and a pack of king size zig zags and said have a nice day. fucked up shit but they get away with it, what am i gonna do? no money for a lawyer and not like anyone here in republican ass texas is gonna listen to a young chump who didnt excell in high school. sucks balls man but ill skip out on christmas this year and pay my fine prolly only $150 but thats alot for someone who delivers pizza and goes to college for a living paying ridiculous ass insurance rate for being under 25 which automatically rules me as an irresponsible driver even tho i have a clean record. this is prolly FML worthy but id rather inform others of the evil in this world not all cops are bad tho alot of them rather turn the other cheek

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
damn.
Hey, thanks for the irish spring tip. I'll be putting that into play. Hope everyone is doing well. Sucks about your troubles johnny.

Latest posts

Latest posts