What's new

Southern Cannabis Alliance (SCA manifesto)

T

TheOneWill

Well got the top half working now.
The bottom part still needs allot of work.

T

TheOneWill

BRNEYDBVR said:
Good Deal...

What did you decide to use for intakes?
Just gonna drill some holes in the bottom of the cab. Then have 2 68cfm (I think) and make those exhaust.

I just don't how to make a self. An need air to pass through it. for the intake.

BRNEYDBVR

Have you thought about making the cab into two seperate chambers?

Maybe use a piece of lexan below the bulbs to close off the light chamber...and vent it with one of your fans. Drill your intakes on the opposite side from fan so the air passes across the bulbs and out.

Same deal for the bottom part of the cab....except you drill more holes and maybe use two fans up high to pull the air up past the plants and out.

T

TheOneWill

BRNEYDBVR said:
Have you thought about making the cab into two seperate chambers?

Maybe use a piece of lexan below the bulbs to close off the light chamber...and vent it with one of your fans. Drill your intakes on the opposite side from fan so the air passes across the bulbs and out.

Same deal for the bottom part of the cab....except you drill more holes and maybe use two fans up high to pull the air up past the plants and out.
Thats what I plan on doing.

BRNEYDBVR

Right on...

I was just trying to figure out (in my head) what you were designing.

That should work.... What are you gonna do about light traps... if anything?

T

TheOneWill

I got a drawing of what it will look like I'll trying to scan it or drawing it in MS Paint.

T

TheOneWill

Well I got the 2 fans now i just need to make carbon scrubbers for the bottom part.
I forgot they are 85cfm's.

T

TheOneWill

Tomorrow I'm gonna try to almost finish the cab. I'm gonna paint the whole inside white. :)

G

sounds like its going to be one badass grow boxs. can't wait to see it full of mother earths finest. peace be with yall

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
TheOneWill said:
Just gonna drill some holes in the bottom of the cab. Then have 2 68cfm (I think) and make those exhaust.

I just don't how to make a self. An need air to pass through it. for the intake.

If you just drill holes then you will have light leaks and your plants will hermie or worse. How many watts are you running? If its 400 or over then your 2 68 cfms wont be able to cool it sufficiently. As stated if you want a perpetual harvest then make a veg and flower chamber. Also i recommend a cool tube, and light traps for your passive intake.

T

TheOneWill

I got 252 watt cfls with a cool able reflector that I made. I just need to paint it flat white on the inside and make the doors for it. Also finish holes for the intake.

T

TheOneWill

18948grow.JPG

T

TheOneWill

I plan on putting them in 20oz bottles. Have 48 of them. Do 6 each week for 9 months.
Thats like an oz if I get 7g's off one plant. So like and oz and a half each week.
First I got to start the seeds. Grow them in the veg cab. Then after month throw them in the dresser. :)

I'm using and Organic mix.

BRNEYDBVR

When that cab is full of plants, do you think that there will be enough airflow coming up from underneath?

This won't be a problem until the box is completely full....but I think this might be something to think about. With that many plants in that small of an area, your canopy will be pretty thick and may not allow for sufficient airflow.

To consistently get 6 rooted clones per week to put in there... Your gonna need a few, nice sized mothers that you can alernate taking clones from.

I'm looking forward to seeing that box slam full of the sticky icky.:headbange

Later. :joint:

Anybody hear of the Nectar o Willie, an old strain from early 90's Austin, or K7 from denton area, what about the outdoor New Braunfels bud, came around every year back in the late 80's early 90's.