What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

South African Strains

oldbootz

Veteran
Bump! Africans are amazing ! Im going to be focusing some good efforts on them in the near future.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
have just been gifted some Swazi Rooi F2 and some SwaziLeb poison...

anyone growing any African varieties..or any experience with African genetics..

peace
Chefboy

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
have just been gifted some Swazi Rooi F2 and some SwaziLeb poison...

peace
Chefboy

Yeah, growing some Ciskei right now, Swazi rooibaard and Ethiopian to follow! I luv African strains! :woohoo:

Rinse

Veteran
Great reading everyone I forgot about this thread, I have not grown African weed for some years now due to focus on early flowerers and indica's, I do miss those airy African buds that smelt of pepper and licuorice, even if they were immature in my climate.
If I lived someplace hot I would be growing Swazi Red and Ethiopian for sure.
And lets not forget Zambian Copper, perhaps my favourite:

I47EF.jpg

@Raco do you know if 20' stilll posts on any weed forums? Would enjoy a chat with him.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Yeah, growing some Ciskei right now, Swazi rooibaard and Ethiopian to follow! I luv African strains! :woohoo:

I grew out Bushmans Ciskei x F-13 by a former member here(Coxain)....and he gifted me Highland Nepelese x F-13 and 2 pheno's of F-13 f2's...he was very kind and i miss him..

The Bushmans Ciskei- f13 was very early potent sativa smoke...the ciskei is short in my experience and is a quick finisher..she tasted like a mix of berries and some anise flavours...you could see the African influence for sure..

peace
Chefboy

idiit

Veteran

peace
Chefboy

i'm doing indoor seeds of africa strains for early testing, pollen off selected males ( non hermie to light hermie if necessary), clones and pure strain seed runs off selected phenos. i'm an od grower and only judge based on organic fertile soil outdoor performance after a decent cure time. i ran 2 packs of zamal, durban, malawi gold. i needed two packs 'cause i only got one male, one female of the malawi gold i really liked, two female non hermie extreme sativa zamals, 2 real nice xsat durban females and one sativa dominate s/i male (durban).

they look like the real deal to me. these are not worked lines by ic mag member definitons imo. these are more like real seed company offerings; unworked indigenous landraces.

bushweed

Veteran
as for the photoshop by 20'thai - not a chance - he was handing out rare seeds to many of the top breeders before ICMag was even thought of...

On the other hand, an image does indeed says a thousand words...lol

r76qsl.jpg

@Raco do you know if 20' stilll posts on any weed forums? Would enjoy a chat with him.

Last seen on page 5 and 6 of Kangativa's thread in the Australian forums under a new handle offering Kanga his entire collection and referring to 20'thai in the third person. Actually a very nice and knowledgeable guy. He has quit ganja and finished a law degree, so may have a facility for being colorful with the facts & I have to concede that photo does look fake :laughing:

Rinse

Veteran
Hey man, how did you like the Zambian strain? I've been told they are similar to Malawis. Was it from African Seeds?

Vibes.

Hey Musta, Zambian is defo one of my favorites and earlier than Malawi, it was from Tropical seeds a few years ago I think p1 from African seeds cant remember.
The effect was very clear and focused without being edgy/giddy,
it has the balanced high of many African weeds.
But the bud pic in the last post seems to be an early pheno, I tried growing Zam last year and it didn't flower hardly.

Zambian Copper

On the other hand, an image does indeed says a thousand words...lol

Last seen on page 5 and 6 of Kangativa's thread in the Australian forums under a new handle offering Kanga his entire collection and referring to 20'thai in the third person. Actually a very nice and knowledgeable guy. He has quit ganja and finished a law degree, so may have a facility for being colorful with the facts & I have to concede that photo does look fake :laughing:

Ye I enjoyed reading his posts, very interesting to hear his experience with sativas and grow methods in general.
Think he has an account at sensi seeds but doesn't post anymore.

Dont know what to make of that purp, looks fake but possibly he was indeed having a laugh?

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LesHaze...Lesotho x Lesotho/Skunk Haze bx

Grown outdoors @ 42ºN :)