What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

South African Strains

viva ganja

Old post from 20'Thai on O.G forums.

Purple Durban

"In Ozz in the late 70's they imported some 100%Sativa Purple durbanPoison from Africa that made everyone see things that weren't there when they first smoked it. Many people had to be rushed to hospital and shot up with a high dose of pure Valium to calm them down. Once you were use to visual and audible effects of that batch of durban, it would completely annihilate even the most hardened of smokers for over 8hours...and I mean smokers that could bong 7-8grammes of the finest imported Thai Sticks per day without consequence, that were sold 'before and at the same time' this PurpleDPoison came into Ozz. The PurpleDPoison had some seeds in it, and I grew it for 4 years straight. The offspring for ONLY the first generation/year were purple and thereafter reverted back to the standard green. But none of us could make it as potent as the original batch was that came in from Africa. Close - but no cigar, if you know what I mean. The farmer in charge of that grow in Africa was a Cultivar-supreme at the true sense of the word as the dope was not laced with anything I assure you - it was straight from the BlackMans'Hand who harvested it out of an organic field of soil inside some jungle. One smoke, and you knew 'that' immediatly, as it tasted as smooth and as sweet as could be. After some people were hospitalised(for a day) as a result of it, authorities here obtained samples of it and thoroughly tested it to find that it had nothing else but an extordinary amount of Cannabinoidal resins in it - higher than anything else they'd ever tested before. No chemical additives whatsoever. The Media here at the time nicknamed it 'Purple Poison'.

High to all of you sativa lovers :wave:
Much Respect for your hard work with all these rare pure lines.

Rinse, great reading.. scary stuff...it sounds as freaky as it looks...:biggrin:
Here is 20'Thai's Purple Durban Poison .

big twinn

Veteran
Anyone have any information or experience on Lion Heart? I believe it is an African Sativa x US sativa #14 sativa, but online it says it only flower 56-63 days, which doesn't seem right for a sativa. Anyways, I have a cross of Lion Heart with Kyle Kushman Strawberry cough and am curious as to what to expect from the lion Heart parent. Thanks.
Cheers,
BT

Tipz

Sailing

Sailing

these nothing like a well healed sativa no indica can compare!
I know the work u put into this, and it was alot, beautiful buds
Happy sailing Tipz

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another bad photoshop job. What's up with all these fake purp pics lately.

It's just total crap. Teenage boys running round naming strains and faking pics...

This has been bothering me lately.

Back on subject, I got some Swazi bagseed that I'm interested in.

R.Fortune

viva ganja

It's just total crap. Teenage boys running round naming strains and faking pics...

This has been bothering me lately.
Sorry guys didnt mean to upset anyone. i dont know how fake or true this pic is. I had this picture saved on my hard disc from a 20Thai ' s post very similar if not identical with the post Rinse quoted..... 20'Thai himself, told me that this pic is real..
It was hard too for me to believe it but i guess i did...:biggrin:
Be it real or fake, 20'T is a great mate and still a good friend..jeje;)

sorry for my english... Have a nice one .....

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

When I lived in Oz i used to grow some amazing true blue leafed cannabis sativa, very narrow, heavily serrated leaves on em, buds had a bluish hue to them too, and they used to be grown in high temps. Long flowering low yielders but would blow you sky high, beyond bliss and very tripped out. Miss them daze....

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Was he not confused with Zihuatenejo Purple???

picture.php

Keep on growing :)

viva ganja

Hi mexcurandero420, i dont know if was any confusion with this Zihuatenejo Purple which looks lovely by the way....

All i know is from that post made by 20'Thai and this pic(which came with the post) of that purple freak are the allegedly purple plants that he grew back then... I guess only him knows if that pic is a photoshop job or not...i hadnt any intention to fool or bother anyone..

As for the authenticity of the other part of the story being that a pusplish potent as hell african brick was imported in Ozz in late 70's maybe some old aussie stoners can verify on that..

bushweed

Veteran
Purple Durban was around until at least 87 among the surfers in West Oz...one cone hallucinogenic purple heads....as for the photoshop by 20'thai - not a chance - he was handing out rare seeds to many of the top breeders before ICMag was even thought of...

I

Iron_Lion

Purple Durban was around until at least 87 among the surfers in West Oz...one cone hallucinogenic purple heads....as for the photoshop by 20'thai - not a chance - he was handing out rare seeds to many of the top breeders before ICMag was even thought of...

I still dont believe that pic is not photoshopped. How often in real life when you see a plant that is entirely the one color, the leaves, stems, pistils and calyx's. And an unnatural color at that.

mexcurandero420

Veteran
I still dont believe that pic is not photoshopped. How often in real life when you see a plant that is entirely the one color, the leaves, stems, pistils and calyx's. And an unnatural color at that.

Believe me you can find them in the Chinese gene pole.
I have some Durban seeds where the buds from it can give you raising hart beats and sort of paranoia, but its not purple.

mexcurandero420

Veteran

Believe me you can find them in the Chinese gene pool.
I have some Durban seeds where the buds from it can give you raising hart beats and sort of paranoia, but its not purple.

wingdings

Veteran
From what I've heard, South African strains have a higher concentration of of thc-v, Tetrahydrocannabivarin. Can be found in C. Sativa from "China, India, Nepal, Thailand, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, as well as southern and western Africa. THCV levels up to 53.7% of total cannabinoids have been reported.". Said to block the effects of thc. (My experience has shown otherwise.) Effective against type 2 diabetes also. Im looking for a special plant that expresses high thcv in some Malawi right now.
" This compound is the most potent of all the reported variants, and it is 500 times more active than THC (effective dose 1/500,000 gm. per kilogram). In this case the alkyl side chain (1',2'-dimethylheptyl) contains seven carbon atoms in a straight chain, with 2 methyl groups attached as branches to the first and second carbon atoms. The first methyl branch (shown as X on the chart) is attached as described for THC-III or IV in reactions (e)(f)(g). The second methyl group (Y) is not attached separately but is an original part of the 2-methylheptanonitrile used in method I, or the 2-bromo-heptane used in method II. by changing the alkyl group on the right-hand ring (above, n-amyl, composed of five carbon atoms in a straight chain) it has been possible to produce THC-C variants with enormously increased potency and duration of effect. The variant described here as THC-V is at least as potent as LSD" Idk about that last statement.

I

izzywozzywizzy

Knysa diamond head ,free weed .when i was there in sa there was barell loads every where.i heard they cured it in drums in ground 6 month.africa sats in bulk a smugglers dream much better weed there than cali .its free.peace

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
The variant described here as THC-V is at least as potent as LSD" Idk about that last statement.

What's the source?

"according to MedUsesCC it's about 25% as potent by weight as THC and produces a faster onset high with a clearer effect."s