What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Diesel Vs. New York City Diesel

amoS

Sideshow-Bob said:
Hi Soma :smile:

If i would judge nyc diesel by what i've bought as nyc diesel in amsterdam lately, i wouldn't like it at all...

so don't judge the sour from what you've bought in shops in amsterdam :wink:

I like, as written, the taste of your Nyc Diesel better than sour D. But concerning the high, nyc diesel just can't be compared to sour D...

why are you not posting with your real nickname Soma amoS?

greetz

edit: as for the guy who posted before me: what is it with you americans? everytime somebody says he does not like a strain as much as you do, ten of you folks come and tell that it just could not have been the "real-deal" then...

never heard of tastes being different? it's so ridicule sometimes...

LOL.............I've told you SSB I AM NOT SOMA !!! I wish I had just 1 ounce of Soma's knowledge!!!!!!! Peace............. and oh yeah NYCD beats Sour D hands down EVERY time............. please, Soma keep up the great work and just know that I am NOT trying to impersonate you I am just 1 of your biggest fans .......... Keep It Green everyone!..........

oaktree

I have to respectfully disagree and say that it is in fact the other way around... Sour D beats NYCD quite handily. NYCD is good smoke, just not on the same level as Sour D.

G

oaktree said:
I have to respectfully disagree and say that it is in fact the other way around... Sour D beats NYCD quite handily. NYCD is good smoke, just not on the same level as Sour D.

i agree,,,i loved nycd till i discovered ecsd ,both lovable but ecsd is the 1 ive married

amoS

allwhazefaded said:
Ok folks what came 1st the chicken or the egg?Was their ever a peep mentioned about diesel befor Soma released his NYCD in 99,00.I think not come on people dont jump on the bandwagon and say things like NYCD has no diesel in it and REZ was the one who made the real diesel into seed form.hahahaahahaha bigest bunch of B.S. I have ever heard!!!!!!!!!
I,ve been growing NYCD since 99 i was the first person to bring it to the states,(eastcoast) passed clones up and down the coast, hummmmm about the same time peeps started raving about DIESEL makes ya wonder doesnt it.Rez Sour d is ok ive had it many times.But well grown 70,77 day NYCD just blows everything out of the water,it has a soaring heartpounding high that just comes in waves omg and the flavor is like a sour,skunky,armpit odor that is out of this world it lingers on the tounge and in the sinuses after each hit.Truly amazing herb. Now i got my seeds a while back directly from Soma. i've know that Soma has been busted a few times since then and have wondered if maybe he lost a parent or something and maybe it has changed?I could only guess that would be the only reason for a change in the NYCD if their ever was a change in the first place.That would be the only reason i could possibly fathom that people would say NYCD is weak and has little flavor because the NYCD i have is a very very special plant.I now live on the west coast and people are amazed by NYCD out here many people are growing it out west and people like to change the name of my NYCD clone to,Chemdog,SourD,Headband,SourKush,hahahahaha its so funny how peeps are out here in Cali.They always want to stake claim to something and thats all good cause iv accuired some good strains out here,bubba,og,pk,tw but thats about it.

So the moral of the story is NYCD is waaaaayyyyyyyyyy better than the sour d, my NYCD cut atleast.Rez done pretty good on his sour d you just got to take it for what its worth, look at his seed company his LOGOS,STRAINS,are complete and utter nock offs of once great strains that REZ rides the waves made long ago all the way to the BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not one original strain does REZ produce just take your bullshit filters out and take a good look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peace and love through marijuana,
allwhazefaded and Fam

You Sir are so very correct!! I bow down before your knowledge!.........Peace

D

dirtdog

"it has a soaring heartpounding high that just comes in waves omg and the flavor is like a sour,skunky,armpit odor that is out of this world it lingers on the tounge and in the sinuses after each hit.Truly amazing herb"

that sounds like the sour diesel to me.

amoS,Im glad some of us can see through the B.S. and know the facts.What iI stated is 100% the truth.I just get so tired of poeple knocking Soma he is a good man and has dedicated his life to the sacred plant..............And for that he gets my RESPECT!
NYCD is #1 in my book allways was and allways will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................
allwhazefaded and Fam

P.S.I never once stated sour d from REZ was no good or had no d taste its a good take on DIESEL just not as good as THE ORIGINAL NYCD........ :nono:

G

I've smoked NYCD sent from Canada before which like some people say was really bland and weak. but the stuff I've smoked in Amsterdam has always been very tasty and potent, it's the first strain I buy and is always the bag I finished first. it's like an artificial sweet but bitter fruit sometimes with a diesel aftertaste. real pungent unique stuff, no mistaking it. but then again the sd i smoked in dam was like the nycd i had from canada. i could see it being on a par with nycd if done well, what's that saying apples and oranges.

Last edited:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
amoS said:
LOL.............I've told you SSB I AM NOT SOMA !!! I wish I had just 1 ounce of Soma's knowledge!!!!!!! Peace............. and oh yeah NYCD beats Sour D hands down EVERY time............. please, Soma keep up the great work and just know that I am NOT trying to impersonate you I am just 1 of your biggest fans .......... Keep It Green everyone!..........

If you had read the date of post, you would have seen it was before your second reply in my thred :wink:

... nyc diesel is weak but tasty... :biglaugh:

greetz

bigherb

Veteran
everbody got here opinions 4 sur. but wen u start sayin its fact. then ur name must be jack.ur definetly smokin rope if you really believe nycd blows everthing out the water n then try to compare it to deez .first off deez started bout 91 blew up in bout 93 wit cross like sours. n if youve stated nycd has deez in it how could you say the nycd was around before it. soma made nycd n the nycd in the dam wasnt even as good as the shit back home. i love somas strains no disrespect if it was a batch HE GREW . personally your comparing apples n oranges. but i bet soma will tell you his nycd is not comparable to deez. nycd is a great strain but just not potent

bigherb,you obviously base your "opinion" of 91 D and 93 crosses off all the BULLSHIT!!!!people speak of that have not a clue except for hear say and liars on the net that are just plain ignorant.Do some research DIESEL was NEVER talked about befor Soma made NYCD in 98 period.............!!!!!Yes he made it from Bag seed X(affi,haw. that came from Shanti) and bigherb Soma would never say "deez or whatever" is better than NYCD because that would be a LIE and Soma does not lie TRUST ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rasta:
allwhazefaded and Fam
P.S.bigherb you say its like comparing apples and oranges is this thread not
Sour Diesel vs. NYCD :bashhead: just shows your ignorance :badday: if you have no facts to share the STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

GO MEDICATE AND THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

bigherb

Veteran
allwhazefaded
damn y u soo angry, u act like u made nycd. 1 u must be smokin rope duuuuuuuuuuu. 2.we all didnt get a copy of your book . always smokin rope try it .u say u smoke the best weed an your reponses r this aggressive haaaaaa. u definetly no nothing about weed if you say nycd is the best . im from brooklyn nkno all bout diesel n its hybrids. n nycd is not one of them . soo ukno soma states he was gifted nycd seeds by a friend from the big apple you peanut. you also ignorant to say peeps in cali call a strain by other names which they r not n only nikinpoos do that, no knowledge mo foos. soma does state nycd is mexican sativa /afghani hybrid .ed rosenthal big book buds 2 list it as sour d x aff/haw. but thers clearly no deez in therr. n u say no one mentions deez before 98. so u hav not heard of chem/dawg or jason king whos cannabible 3 has the history u should look into. fact da deez in my hood will put u to bed fact if u com bac to the east coast com to ny let me kno ill show u special medicine .if ur nycd blows everything out the water my fire will part the sea. u should change ur user name to walt disney n def loosen up a lil .funny thing all this tlk bout nycd n u neva even been to nyc.

Last edited:

REZDOG

Veteran
Puh-leeze...
The shit flies thick from alwaysfaded....
There was no NYCD in 1999....
No seeds from Soma,period.
I've been a personal friend of Soma's & DonnaMarie's for,lessee... seven years or so....Any time I'm in town I sit in his livingroom for days,and watch the world go by....Now-back to Facts: That'd be....2001...and his FIRST GENERATION of "NYC Diesel" seeds HAD JUST BEEN RELEASED.
I'd burned some real Sour Diesel shortly before my first trip to A'Damm,and wanted to see how Soma's stacked up.
Well,I've seen Soma's rooms,and seen his Original (now lost) "NYC Diesel-from-bagseed Clone Mom growing.
Smoked it grown by Soma,
smoked it grown by Soma's People,smoked it grown by independent growers in A"Damm,
grew and smoked pounds of it,myself....from his first two NYCD releases that I grew. I've smoked a pound or three of it,too,I reckon....it's mighty tasty,but even Soma will tell you-it's NOT strong marijuana,but it tastes Real Good.
Guy,pull your head from your pucker & drop the west-coast faux-gangsta rhetoric,it plays like (yet) another bad Pixar film....
Let me clue you in,Spanky,I've sat at Soma's kitchen table,burning Sour Diesel CLONE with Soma and Adam from THSeeds (who,btw,was the first person in A'Damm to actually HAVE the Real Sour Diesel Clone imported) and Soma would be the last person in
the world to tell you that his 'NYCD' is in ANY way more powerful (or better) than The Sour Diesel Clone.
That being said,go back to your dorm room and eat some cheetos,it's past your bedtime.

Cheers!

. . . .

SOUR DIESEL CLONE:
11061DSCN0585.JPG

bigherb

Veteran
rezdog
much respect big ups to you n all your work. keep killin it with da mo fire lookin forward to new releases. i very much appreciate your knowledge n input .thanx for settin the story straight

Rez,your a complete dumb ass wtf r u talking about Soma didnt release NYCD in 99,00.Well that shows wtf u know Soma got the "bagseed" in 98 "from a friend" crossed it that year with (aff.haw.) by the end of 99,jan.00 NYCD seeds were available FROM SOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Directly!!!!!!!!! Maybe you should call Soma and ask him for yourself.......
And if im Spanky I guess that makes you BUCKWHEAT,you idot I,ve known Soma for a long time REZ and i can't beleive your nome droping like a little kid(oh i know Donna-Marie and Soma and blaaa blaaa blaaa.Well Rez i spend every Dec. and Jan. in the Dam. and I allways visit with Soma and fam.(i dont care to drop any names but theirs more to the fam. than SOMA and DONNA-MARIE)and yes we smoke NYCD grown by Soma and his friends amongst testing new varities and some gnarly Bubble hash.
Rez, Soma would never say his NYCD is weak and just taste good.Thats just plain stupid that you say that? :bashhead:
Maybe we can settle this on 420 at the icmag cup you gonna be their?I am we can go to Somas and hang maybe Soma will brew up some of his TEA and we can hash this out like men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sit in his livingroom having HEALING FUN as my bro SOMA calls it.What i say is 100% the facts i have no need to lie about something that doesnt even matter in the first place.......oh yeah (tripples) stop nut swinging you little POS!!!!!!!!!!!!

allwhazefaded and Fam.

Last edited:

nikiblaze

REZ,BIGHERB,TRIPPLES why such negativity? herb is supposed to be a positive thing but you guys and others like you sure have done a good job of destroying this website. i can't even browse through the forums without getting pissed off at all the people who want to argue about stuff that doesn't even matter. God put cannabis here for us he is the original creator of all strains. our community of growers(from the heart) and cultivators( from the pockets $$$) are only responsilbe for continuing on the work of the original breeder(GOD) and providing positive,"clean"& organic sacrament for all people to use.
anyone who contributes to bad mouthing other growers and users of cannabis are "just bringing negative energy into the tournement". frankly i dont want to smoke bad energy and i know other people don't want to as well. i've seen people in clubs complain about there meds not being "clean" (having to much negative energy). cannabis is a living thing and absorbs all of what you give whether it be pos. or neg. think about that before you work with your plants peeps. i think they should shut this site down , except for the womans forum where you never find this petty arguing. praise miss babba for having the only positive forum on this site. us women folk are there to help not criticize and bash each other. i will admit though i have gotten sucked into the arguing before and that's why i stopped posting b/c it was a waste of my precious time. It is a shame that people that don't even know you are so quick to talk shit about you so that they can feel like they're the "man". however i felt compelled to post this message to make people think. there are only so many base cannabis strains only so many hybrids you can make. good herb is good herb who cares what the f....ing name of it is. if you grow good "clean" cannabis that should be all that matters. rez dog i too know soma and visit with him whenever i am in the dam ,
i've smoked nycd and others with him and he has never said it was weak. its weak for you to say that but i guess you do need to make your $$$ so you gotta talk yourself up so peeps will want your product, that's the business your in.
...FADED has only given people good advice on how to grow organic meds and posted facts not exagerated stories like most peeps on this site. i have heard how he got it straight from his mouth while faded and I sat at his lg.oval dinning table surrounded by many 100's of beautiful positivily charged crytals sharing the sacred herb. i have tried all the supposed diesel strains in the dam. they were all lacking smell ,flavor and potency,all except the nycd. that is my opinion based off of my tastebuds and my preferences to type of high i like,which is sativa. maybe that's why some people think nycd is weak , because they are always stoned and can't climb there way out of the indica cellar and experience the thrill of flying high with sister sativa.
so kids if you don't have anything positive to say, or if you just thrive on arguing and talking shit about people you don't even know,then take that shit back to high school and while you guys are there some of you might want to retake grammar.
lets all put peace back in our pipes .
peace ,
nikiblaze

DIDN'T YOUR MAMA'S EVER TEACH YOU , IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY THEN SAY NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!

ANTOTHER GOLDEN RULE PEOPLE HAVE FORGOTTEN:
DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU'D HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU!!!!!

headshot

I have been lurking on IC for awhile now and finally felt I need to make a post.

Rez
I know you are well respected in the cannabis community, for good reason, but man I see nothing but negativity coming from your posts. Your immature name calling and put downs is simply not what cannabis is about man. You need to start showing others more respect, no matter if you agree or disagree with thier thoughts or stories. I'm not trying to bash you here man, just saying that you're famous for breeding superb cannabis yet you go against what the whole community and plant is about.... POSITIVE VIBRATIONS.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts