What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour diesel IBL reservoir seeds

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Playing w my East Coast Sour Dabney f2's as we speak. Crossed ECSD w dabney Blueberry x Afghan kush in....2008? for the icmag server fund. Made these f2s in 2009 or '10, also for server fund. Icmag bro from Wales purchased these, and some others i made back then, stored in freezer, and sent them back to me this year! So fukn cool of him.

As far as sour genes....I long ago dropped the original ECSD (yes, legit, of you have the patience it's all verified here in a number of threads...lol) in favor of Sour dubble. Now that's fairly widespread too. But I'm sure there are places it's tough to come by. The coolest thing about Sourdubb....she's a polyhybrid making muthrfukr. Straight gold. I've never seen anything better at knocking out feminized seeds. Yes, full disclosure, I'm making some fem poly's w her right now, but not enough to sell, so take it for what it's worth. Sourdubb the best overall sour plant I've had.

Attachments

• IMG_20220930_150815698.jpg
    IMG_20220930_150815698.jpg
    858.5 KB · Views: 60

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Your not gonna find any love for rez here. There is no seed stock left from rez to be had.. The closes you will find is from Karma.. He used Rez SD to make his SD line.

Rez is all over IG with seed stock. You are misinformed.

420PyRoS

Nice. Never a bad idea to make some fresh stock though, especially if you've got a fella around.

Or maybe a cross.

Imagine a cross with Sowahh, recombinant inbred line Sour Diesel!
I still have a bunch of F6 in the fridge and the F7 run I made a couple years ago. Haven't been out of the fridge since so they should be fairly decent! :)

I can't remember who I got them from originally just that they were passed as f6 on an invite only forum when I was begging around for some SD IBL beans.

Made a cross to Tangwena's Swazi/Mulanje x Sour Diesel IBL F6 male pictured above. Interesting offspring for sure.

Will dig for pics

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Rez cut is just renamed Chaco and that's a fact. Top Dawg, Karma, PiffCoastfarms, and Lordofthenugz710 are where to get Sour seeds. I have Piff's Upstate Sour(Albany Sour x PCSD) , Karma Sour BX4 F2(lordofthenugz made them) going for this round. With Lordofthenugz Karma BX4 x Top Dawg BX4 in the seed pop que. From what I've seen. These seeds make plants that are equal to or better than the cut.

If you want Sour with the extra power. PeopleUnderTheStairs Genetics. I have his Karma Sour BX2 x Chem4DD, and he has ECSD x 4DD, Headbanger x 4DD. The BX4 F2 and BX2 x 4DD are headed to a tent for making seeds. I have a killer Karma Sour BX2 female. First up I'm gonna use a male BX4 F2. Make some F3's and x's. I'll be posting when they are ready. Anybody who wants some can get them for free. You'll just have to pay your own shipping.

rodia

Yes! Support @stoney917 instead imo.

I did not know Res has new work. Guess I should of updated myself a bit before my last post.

I guess when someone rats, I expect them to disappear and be forgotten about , not come back in a flashy outfit and fireworks and get a warm welcome with people hunting his seeds.
Wow Rez continue to be an effective seeds resailer. I have to stay truth full but i remain very sceptique. Anyway sour d and his tons of hybrids, is a legend but some awesome damn new strains.... l

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Rez cut is just renamed Chaco and that's a fact.
i have a shitload of rez's seeds from the time he was crashing the site... i never heard of the chaco, or any other 'cuts' till well past he introduced the SDiesel ... i am not saying u r wrong, but not how i remember it... and i am not in the crowd who gets elite cuttings.... after growing for 20odd years, i am still looking for my 2nd elite - we had one years ago, but being old and stupid , didn't snip off a branch...

LordOfTheNugZ7

I made some of Rez SD IBL crossed with KG Sowahh, but they are not stable at all. Rez seeds are trash and none that were grown out were Sour at all. A couple were similar to Riri, but threw nanners like a mfer. Typical basement bred unstable trash like he has always put out, and exactly why I didn't release them after testing.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Just received these 4 Sour cuts yesterday as a gift from a long time overgrow/icmag brother... He used to be around heavily on the boards, but he's *retired* now. They have all been TC'd recently also.

I've never had any experience with the Riri cut, but I am looking forward to it as he said it was fire... I only know what I've seen and read about her on the forums over the years. Riri was found in old rez stock.

Then the AJ Sour, which is not the "newer" version going around... This one is the old *original*, puts Chaco to shame as far as fuel goes according to my guy...

Then the SkunkTek which is very similar to the Chaco... (many ppl doing side by sides are claiming its the exact same cut) But I personally can't speak for certain as I've never grown the SkunkTek yet.

and last, we will just call her the "unammed sour" for now, as he wants this particular one kept quiet 🤫.... This is the one I am most excited for and the oldest sour in his collection. I can say that it is pre2k.

They are only snips, so let's hope we get roots! 🤞

I will be doing some s1's and pollen tossin' for sure... Hopefully they self well. I plan on reversing the Chem 91 and hitting all 4 of these, she passes potency that is unrivaled... and the D and sis of course... I think they will all pair well with my old Skunky Fourway male also... So many plans, so little time unfortunately.

Long live the sour! 🤘😎

20221018_190536.jpg
20221018_190546.jpg
20221018_190556.jpg
20221018_190620.jpg

Last edited:

RyanR

While this is true, very few lines are close to the original. Deep Space Creations Chem de La Chem is another Sour D line I would recommend.
As there are a ton of Sour D lines out there these daze, I rarely seed any with the fat calyxes and foxtails or the pink pistils the Sours of yesteryear used to have (2005-2010… really 2006-2008))

These aren’t my photos but are some Sours I’ve found on icmag that look similar to the Sour I remember, though none look exactly like the ECSD and are prob outcrosses or backcrosses. Nonetheless, they have that look that is harder to find today. Just like with Widow everything in the late 90s and early 00s, people were Sour crazy in the mid to late 00s, much like the Cookie fad of the mid teens. Unlike back then, so many more people are breeding and lines have become more and more dominated and homogeneous with the hype strains of the week while culling the hot clone only’s of yesteryear and then, BAM, some are lost forever. The cookie Dosi gelato sherb cake fad breathe fad really did a number on the gene pool and I’m just hoping landrace and heirloom varietals get injected more and worked so we all get back to having new really interesting wild stuff.
I’ve been on a soap box about all this lately but… i just hope new lines and old ones aren’t taken for granted as I see a lot of the strains today boxing us in more and more with homogeneous traits (not that all of these traits aren’t fire, but I believe lines selected and bred over many generations has the potential to be super dank)
View attachment 18755183 View attachment 18755184 View attachment 18755185 View attachment 18755186 View attachment 18755187 View attachment 18755188
Why do you recommend this for a sour substitute as its chem d x I95. Any photo's I've seen don't really look like sour d at all.