What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour 60 in soil and gdp/sour60 in coco

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
WOW! That sure is lots of clones! Very exciting, i hope you get some roots in the next week or so! I cannot wait to see all of them in the end!

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks man! it was a hell of alot of work cutting and cataloging everything. They're still looking mostly healthy..looks like a few clones are dropping off here and there..I'm just hoping 2 of each survive.

I also have the 15 mothers vegging for maybe another week or 2 then they'll hit flower. It will be nice to have full sized plants of each pheno to really see the potential of each. Usually with new strains I run them in micro first to get an idea of their potential....but that kinda sucks cuz I only end up with an 1/8 of smoke to test out. Hopefully I can get at least an oz off each this time :)

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
well I've lost one cup of clones (g-f)and a few random ones have dropped off but I should be at 80% or so and I'm starting to see roots in a few containers :)

Here's a shot of a soil sour60..she's in an airpot and has a few lower branches seeded..bout another week and she gets the chop...looks like about 3/4 oz.

I chopped 4 of the sour60's in soil..sorry no pics, but I ended up with about 3 oz altogether. Delicious stuff..I have quite a few varieties on hand to smoke but the sour60 will be gone first :D

here's some crappy shots of the gdp/s60:

some (not pictured)are almost 2 feet tall..I'm trying to keep them rotated to get an even canopy. These will be put in flower in about a week. I plan to switch my 2k room to some kinda vert setup to accommodate them. Also in about a week the clones should have enough roots and will go into 12/12 and all be seeded, also a mother plant of each of the 15 will be kept.

I noticed on one of the plants that the sour60 leaf stem growth came through..pretty cool to see. It's a crappy pic but I think you can make out the little bits of growth.

well that's it for now. As the plants hit flowering I'll get better pics of the bud development and stuff. It's just kinda boring right now cuz I have to veg. I think I'll pop a sour60 seed tonite and see what I can do with it lst'd in this extra speaker box I have lying around. Gotta have at least one full auto going in my auto thread huh ;)

:wave:

ah here's a link to a shot of my gdp currently in flower..bout 5-6 weeks in.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Woohoo! I cant for them to them to be flowered under 2k!! I hope you get some heavy purple coloring in there! How soon after switching to 12/12 does the GDP typically start to show color?

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
bout 3 weeks in it starts to get little hints of purple...there's a few of them that have a strong gdp smell already :) thanks for dropping by bro.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know you spoke earlier of how you were looking for the curly pistils and trait and also the super dense bud of the GDP bagseed,

Can you summarise the GDP as in the plant structure and yield and anything else you deem favourable to it? and how you have been running it?

Has it ever shown any hermie traits, as in could it have been a GDP that selfed for the beans to be in the bud, as obviously if people are running strains commercially it's unlikely they would have any males around.. Or do you know the source? and it could be likely that a male did the dirty work? :)

Sorry for all the q's, just I think you will have a good outcome when this project is completed.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Hi Mitch, the gdp grows pretty bushy with short internodes..in flower the lower branches get a decent stretch but there's not much stretch of the tops. She's a bitch to clone, grows huge leaves in veg, and gets a weird loss of chlorophyll in a few leaves. Also once buds set on in flower the tops ripen almost right away and the remaining bud growth comes out the sides of the branches and not the top colas. Also it does the purpling thing with light and not cold...it's definitely interesting to see.

On the negative side she is a little slow in veg and can be a bitch to clone, yields are actually pretty decent., I'd say above average. It's weird too cuz I always get 50% more weight then I expect due to the density of the buds. I have seen banana flowers on it but not for a long time. The first time I flowered she popped bananas, but I didn't give up on her and assumed grower error and tried again. Since then I haven't seen any bananas..but I know that she's pretty temperamental. I've been running her for about a year and a half now.The seed came from some nice GDP that I was getting off the west coast, was a steady supply of as well as someother "top" west coast strains like ogkush, trainwreck, bananakush, gdp, sourD. So it's possible that the gdp selfed but it seems like the growers were doing big multi crops so there's a possiblity that it was pollinated by one of the other strains mentioned. I only saw banana flowers on the buds of the bananaOG (ironicly!) so that might have been the culprit. I highly doubt it was a male, I popped 2 other seeds and both were female but lacked the bud structure of this one..and had nothing but gdp smell that I noticed.

lol it drives me crazy not knowing..but that's all the info I've got. maybe out of this round of 15 I'll find something better to replace the mother...? one can always hope.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome dude, great info. Sometimes the bagseed stories make a more interesting read than, someone just buying good seeds and making a cross.
You may very well end up with a great mother from these F1's.

When did the nanas appear was it early, mid, or late flower? Do you get to them before they open/release pollen?.. they could be sterile but it would be good to know. But like you say some plants can be temperamental.. and once you dial them in they are fine.

Keep an eye out for any hermies in the F1's, not saying you will get any but I read of some people getting hermies on their s60's.. this could be stress induced too though as alot of people have grown out the sour 60 now i bet and it doesn't seem a common thing.

I'm not knocking either strain just so you know, i think it will be a killer cross when completed, I just wouldnt want you to inadvertantly lock down a bad trait :)

Keep up the good work mate

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
I love bagseed man...I've popped quite a few bunk ones but I'm finally starting to find a few keepers here and there.

The nanners appeared mid flower, they released a little pollen and selfed a few seeds that first run but I gave them away as freebies ;). I don't know what ever became of them. The nanners appeared mostly on lower branches with a few mixed into the main cola. It was a single Dr. bud style plantlet that went straight from rooted clone under 24/0 to 12/12. I think it got light stressed really because it didn't have any time to veg after rooting and wasn't quite mature yet...that's my theory at least. So since then when running dr. bud style stuff it's kept under 18/6 and allowed to veg a little more before hitting 12/12. Since then I haven't seen any more bananas though :)

In my sour 60's that I just harvested I saw a few nanners on them when trimming. All the plants went about 75 days though so I just consider that normal kinda. All those sour60 also got pushed into 12/12 at about week 5 or so due to not enough room in veg. I think it hurt the yields a bit but none of them freaked out and threw out bananas. In the 3oz I trimmed I saw maybe 6 bananas at the most off of only 2 of the 5 plants.

I definitely plan on doing some light stress testing with the small run of plantlets that I'll seed. If the clones keep running smoothly I'll be flowering the big and small plants of all 15 phenos in about a week. :) I'm very excited to see what appears when they start to pack on some weight and smells!

thanks for the support man it's nice to have some company and advice on this little project.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
:wave: @ LBH

well the gdp/s60 ladies hit flower tonight..they were kinda tall and stretched so I had to switch my main room (2x 1k hps) to vertical:

I kinda did this on the fly tonight and ran out of 2x4's and a few supplies. I'm losing alot of light in some areas (the wall by the dry-erase board!) so I'll need to do some re-adjusting tomorrow. It's my first vert so hopefully I didn't screw anything up too bad ;) I think the lights may be a little close to the walls (36") so I may adjust that as well after I do a bit of reading in the vert section here :)

the 15 ladies are mostly on the shelf along the back wall. It's funny how this flower room was full before I removed the hoods...then I added 15 plants and now it's still only 2/3's full lol....even though I'm losing alot of light I'm still utilizing more then before :jump:

here's a shot of that room about 5 hours ago:

umm yeh so they're in 12/12 now...didn't notice any early flowering on them as I put them in.

Let the show begin :lurk:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
As you said, LET THE SHOW BEGIN! Cantwait to see the next generation of these, are you going to get the next gen going ASAP? I would think within 2 months the next gen might be on its way! :) Ill be watching

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Thanks bud. I plan on popping future generations asap. I'm really excited :dance013: It might be 3 months at the most...I still have to separate the clones and flower/seed them all in a micro cab. Probably a few more days on those to all root, then they'll hit 12/12 immediately with no veg..this should create a little light stress to help start weeding out the weak ones.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow you got lots going on here bro :):)

i read from page one through 5 and must say i like 5 the most ahahah finally we got another vert grower ;)

o yeah GDP if you hve the ken cuts, its nice nice stuff,

and those sour60x gdp looking great tooo

got this one tagged bro,, ill watch ya do the work from back here

:):):)

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Thanks alot ganjasuite, we saved ya a seat and a nice big bongrip of sour60 :D

wooo hoo! red's here the party is officially started :party: thanks man I'm a big fan of your grows.. I lurk alot :) I've also got a vert room I've been working on..thread might open up in the vert section in a week or so.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks alot ganjasuite, we saved ya a seat and a nice big bongrip of sour60 :D

wooo hoo! red's here the party is officially started :party: thanks man I'm a big fan of your grows.. I lurk alot :) I've also got a vert room I've been working on..thread might open up in the vert section in a week or so.

Hah! glad i found this place, one more diary for me to read once im all blazed up lol

yeah i want to see how your vert room turns out, if you need any help just holla t me or anyone on the vert board, you know we're all here to help

now can i get a bowl of sour 60 and some shots of the sour60gdp crosses? haah

cheers bro

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
:tiphat: here ya are red:

this weed is a trip, I over dried it a little..it's at 50% humidity currently but it still feels moist because it's so sticky or something..if I had to guess I'd say it was at 65-70% (for those of you familiar with simon's curing thread).

Here's a few shots of last night's shelf building and rearranging 'n stuff:

threw some shelves together on the cheap with some cinder blocks and 2x4's and spare wood...I almost built some out of 2x4's but wanted the ease of being able to disassemble easily for future changes. There's a few screws here and there to keep everything secure though.

You can see I drew some circles on the ceiling to remind me of the radius of the light coverage. Circles marked are 36" and 20" (lights are hanging 36" from the walls). I just wanted an easy visual reference of my light spread since I'm new to this.

here's a shot from the floor:

and above:

I trained alot of the branches forward towards the lights.

you guys I'm tripping on this vertical stuff. you don't even know. I feel like I just stepped up from miracle grow in dirt to lucas formula in rdwc. Sorry if I'm kinda drifting towards vertical with this thread even though it's in the auto section...and the plants I'm featuring are in 12/12 :hide:

I do have a couple more s60 f2's cracking, and a pack of jems burning a hole in my pocket :jump:

here's a crappy shot of a gdp that's about done..

:thank you:

edit: ack! I'll clean up those cords tomorrow with zipties as soon as the lights come on. and don't worry I'm protecting my eyes ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts