What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

something's wrong.

shredGnar

Hey shred The 24" min for a 600, is that for full growth/finished height of plant? I sneaked a peak through some of your pics and have to admit the trich coverage and overall lushness is more than on point. :tiphat:

Thank you for the kind words. I think amount of trichs is genetics, I certainly don't think I'm doing anything special.

I would aim for the tops of the plants to be at least 24"from the lights at the end of their stretch... I would maybe even do 30".

I set my trellis literally 58" from my lights (1000 watts). I allow the plants to grow up towards the light and give them 18" of growth past the first trellis. This puts the tops of my colas 40"away after they are done stretching.

I don't believe you need to slam them with the lights, and that I actually get more even growth and better results backing the lights off.

Al70,

I think you could probably go with full strength feed. They are looking good though, don't worry about it! Maybe try feeding everyday if you are up for it

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Those plants don't look bad at all. I have grown several different varieties of auto's and even made some fem auto's. In my experience, they are always slow in the beginning. then once they hit flower, the growth will be explosive.

They are sensitive to be over-watered, and root damage. Fuck up the roots just a little, and the growth will be stunted. They love light, and long hours of it.

I flowered some with 12 hours of light , and they did horrible. I then flowered some with 24 hours, and it was night and day difference. I have also flowered with 20 hours of light, and that batch got the biggest.

If they aren't known to be "super auto's" I wouldn't expect much of a yield per plant. Usualy between 5-15 grams per plant. This is allfrom experiences I have had. Your milage may vary. But just wanted to give you some experienced based advice, to let you know what your experiencing is about on par for auto's.

al70

Veteran
Thank's for all the input OG, they're 27 days now since they came outa the coco, they look really good, I'll post some new pics tomorrow, goodluck.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I totally disagree.

My lights are mounted to the ceiling and cannot be moved up or down. My lights are 6 feet from the plants when brought in from veg. Then I aim to have the tops of the nugs 36"-40" from my 1000 watters.

24" min for a 600. Closer and you are not getting a proper spread from your hood, the closer the plants are to the bulbs the hotter and drier the air and the more terps you will 'cook' off.

The old hand test is bullshit in my opinion.

I also have computer fans rigged to the light shroud to blow the heat away. So obviously, it's different for every set up. but as to my original post, 3ft is way too far away even for a 600w. I didn't even realize he said 600w. I was thinking 400w for some reason.

al70

Veteran
day 30 now, they're starting to flower, gettin smelly too, time to hook up the filter, thought i'd try tying the fans like this to let some light through

Sandnut

Hey there! Not bad at all. You will be amazed by how much they will increase in size in the next couple of days.

I would advise you to keep an eye at the temps and to try your best to fill that room with new fresh air, it will work wonders. Also, be gentle with them, autos do like nutrients just as much but in way lower doses compared to your normal strains.

I'll keep an eye on the progress, meanwhile, keep up the good work.

al70

Veteran
hiya sandnut, was hoping you'd drop by, i was a little freaked out by the slow start but i'm starting to enjoy em now' you're spot on about the nutes, 2 ml o gh grow per u.s gallon and they were clawing from N tox, think i got it sorted now, heavy tuck n tie session today, keep in touch, goodluck.

al70

Veteran
Nearly ready for harvest, I timed that one nicely, did'nt I , Xmas day chop, has to be done., the paradise still have at least 2 weeks to go, the fast n vast is unbelievable, I'm getting some more.

Latest posts

Latest posts