What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

some breeding and preservation projects

tcherno

Death Méxican Sativa

Thank you purple cloud

I have exchanged a few emails with him, and he is back in good health and spirits.

Hopefully he will come and say hello in the near future

Attachments

• photo2095996.jpg
    photo2095996.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 32
  • photo2095997.jpg
    photo2095997.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 25
  • photo2095998.jpg
    photo2095998.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 36

purple clouds

Veteran
Sorry folks for being away so long. I have been having a hard time keeping up with everything and my health. Every time I think I get some extra free time something else happens, but I'm finally back.

Here are some pictures of a very 87 Aussie Thai leaning plant from my Uber Candy Rain I've been working on. This plant is a good example of high quality smoking leaves. If you look it has trichomes densely packed on the undersides of the leaves and has some on top of the flower leaves. The yield is low on this phenotype but makes up for it in flavor and high quality effects that have been lost in modern times.

View media item 18706486
View media item 18706487
View media item 18706488
View media item 18706489
View media item 18706490
View media item 18706491
View media item 18706492
View media item 18706493
View media item 18706494
View media item 18706495
View media item 18706496
View media item 18706497
View media item 18706498

purple clouds

Veteran
Thanks for the welcome back bro.

Next up is a project in the beginning stages. I'm working a few chocolate seed lines together to have cultivar that really tastes like chocolate. It's Choco Chiba X Chocolate Trip BX so far and I'll be testing a bunch of other chocolate lines searching for flavors to layer into the mix.

The high is excellent quality that is high energy with racy thoughts. With a muscle relaxing, pain killing, and anti-inflammation traits.
View media item 18717048
View media item 18717047
View media item 18717046
View media item 18717045
View media item 18717044
View media item 18717043
View media item 18717042
View media item 18717041
View media item 18717040

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Great Choco work bro good to see you back on board! :cool:

A triple cross with a female cut of Red Thai would be also excellent but hard to find and select this aroma in the line. Have you already found and used a choco mom in your IBL of RT?

Last edited:

purple clouds

Veteran
Thanks Roms
I've put off the Red Thai to work on other projects, I ran a bunch of f2's a couple years ago but I didn't find any with strong chocolate scents or flavor. Some have it faintly but the spicy, frankincense, and fruity terps dominate this line. I did work the f2's into f3's, and f4's though to see what comes out of them later.

For the chocolate canna project. I found a Blueberry Floral Mix F2 female that has very strong chocolate smell on the stem with the better terpene profile that can be found in DJ Short's F13. I lost the female keeper due to issues running full spectrum LEDS, but was able to make some f3's and crossed it to Zen Fuel to find a new keeper in those seeds to layer into the Chocolate project eventually.
I'll be running the rest of the Choco Chiba X Chocolate Trip BX F1s searching for the most sweet milk chocolate flavor with the hashy chocolate undertones.
I'm starting Chocolate Thai seeds to see what chocolate flavors can be found in the seed line from ozark nation. I'll also be running some Chocolate Trip f4s from Dutch Flowers/Katsu seeds. I've got some old Cocoa Kush F2s to go through and a couple others too.
It will take several years to finish out, but the idea is to layer chocolate flavored stems, chocolate flavored leaves, with sweet and dark chocolate flavored terpenes, chocolate flavored calyxes, and layer in genetics that have the chocolate like scents when properly curing in jars. I figure I'll have to inbreed a couple of these lines, make a few hybrids, and test seeds made from keeper plants to get the best results for what I want. Lots of work until it is finished.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Ok i think that those cacao aromas from milky to black are pretty rare so great breeding goal for ZHG, good luck bro! From the indi side i found that Deep Chunk can offer nice specimen too, a combo in mind for the pure sat Chiba! I would say milky cream from indi and black spicy for sati.

Btw try your luck with some of my Thaizar you have, my minty choco Thai mom is somewhere in its sativash phenotypes. And good luck again with Ozark's and DF/Katsu's (y)

Latest posts

Latest posts