What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

some breeding and preservation projects

satva

Veteran
Punto Rojo - 3 x ColJam

Punto Rojo - 3 x ColJam

Chimera's 1973 Highland Guerrero is not available. Its a Guerrero Green variety with a cleaner high, than how I remember Guerrero / Acapulco Gold. There is also Guerrero Red.

Punto Rojo -3 (maroon / green pheno) x 1980's Colombian Gold x 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread

Punto Rojo -3 (maroon / green pheno)

ColJam

Last edited:

satva

Veteran
Destroyer x (1973 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry) - DS x HMBB

Destroyer x (1973 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry) - DS x HMBB

Cannabiogen x (Chimera / DJ Short)
Destroyer f6 x (Highland Guerrero f1 x Blueberry f6)

Breeding Goal

Highland Thai x Highland Mexican ~ Highland Mexican dominate selection

Destroyer - 1980 Meao (Highland) Thai x 1960 Mexican / Colombian
1973 Highland Guerrero
Blueberry ~ Highland Thai x Highland Oaxacan Gold x Afghani

3 Mexican varieties selecting this pheno-types selects for the Mexican traits - what i call "Mexican Red Hair - 11 finger"

DS x HMBB - Mexican Red Hair pheno-type
"Red Hair" high is similar to Copalita Oaxacan, calm, content, expansive, spacious.

purple clouds

Veteran
Anyone else ever bother seeding a regenerated plant? How do you think the seeds will turn out?

I've done it many times.
In my opinion they are better.
Tazz11 is the only person I've seen to experiment deeply with revegging plants in a stable environment. He came to a conclusion that it changes genetics in waves and adapts. So you can push genetics with your environment and lock them in with revegging plants to a certain degree.

Sounds just the type of weed i'm looking for.
Did you grow many of these? ..are there alot of long-flowering plants in the original line?

Any photos?

:)

I can't remember exactly how many I grew but around 10 f1s, 20 f2s I think. The line is decently stable they were all 12-13 weeks flowering. I chose a short f2 that expressed more vietnamese then the rest and was very frosty and potent to make the f3s. I only have a dried bud shot, but I'll be growing out f3s to make another generation that I'll take pics of.

picture.php

View image in gallery

GoatCheese

Veteran
I can't remember exactly how many I grew but around 10 f1s, 20 f2s I think. The line is decently stable they were all 12-13 weeks flowering. I chose a short f2 that expressed more vietnamese then the rest and was very frosty and potent to make the f3s. I only have a dried bud shot, but I'll be growing out f3s to make another generation that I'll take pics of.

Very nice resin.:biggrin:

I have five little seedlings vegging now.

Are Nevil's Haze phenos more common than the Viet-phenos? ..wouldn't mind finding one of those myself.

One seedling is clearly more narrow leaf from the start, with kinda "ragged looking" early leaves,not anything mutant-like but not so refined-looking as dutch-hybrids usually are..i wonder if it is a Viet-pheno.

Laters, amigo :)

purple clouds

Veteran
The vietnamese seems more dominant then nevilles haze, I still have lieu hanh seeds to reproduce if they pop.

You won't find extreme viet phenos as its mostly apollo dominant, but you will notice vietnamese flavors/effects and the neville's haze is not that noticeable, its felt in effects. You never know though you may find a neville's haze throwback.

GoatCheese

Veteran
The vietnamese seems more dominant then nevilles haze, I still have lieu hanh seeds to reproduce if they pop.

You won't find extreme viet phenos as its mostly apollo dominant, but you will notice vietnamese flavors/effects and the neville's haze is not that noticeable, its felt in effects. You never know though you may find a neville's haze throwback.
Good info, thanks.
Fast lemony Apollo-Nevil's would be cool, but i have Spice Bros "Nev's Another Generation", which is bred to faster side of Nev's Haze, so no worries.

How's the "ceiling" with these?? Cause with pure Apollo 11 i had a super fast tolerance build up. Fastest i have ever experienced with a strain.
When i smoked C99 around the same time, i always got more and more wrecked when i kept on smoking thru out the day, but Apollo 11 was totally different, very fast tolerance build up. After a proper session it was pretty much useless to smoke more Apollo 11 hour or two later, cause you could barely feel it hit. Nice candy-lemony aroma thou.
:)

purple clouds

Veteran
I did not notice a tolerance build up like that, if I did I would have tossed the line. I can't remember how the ceiling was its been too long since I smoked any, but I remember I liked it a lot more then the lemon thai from dutch flowers, I actually tossed the lemon thai line.

How do you like the nev's next generation? Is there a lot of northern lights influence?
I grabbed a pack of neville's haze from mr. nice I want to run next year to look for extreme trippy sativa phenos

GoatCheese

Veteran
I did not notice a tolerance build up like that, if I did I would have tossed the line. I can't remember how the ceiling was its been too long since I smoked any, but I remember I liked it a lot more then the lemon thai from dutch flowers, I actually tossed the lemon thai line.

How do you like the nev's next generation? Is there a lot of northern lights influence?
I grabbed a pack of neville's haze from mr. nice I want to run next year to look for extreme trippy sativa phenos

Nice thing the normal tolerance build up.

Haven't grown any of the Nev's yet. Gonna have to soon, before they stop germing, but it's gonna take me few months to get some room.
I was actually thinking about growing those first, but your thread got me to germ half a pack of the A11/LH/A11s instead :biggrin:

People do find gems from MrNice's NH. Haven't grown any myself. Good luck.

satva

Veteran
Copalita Oaxacan -1 South American / Mexican growth structure

Copalita Oaxacan - 4 vinelike growth not the typical South American growth. Wispy flowers and long flowering, predominately 1 finger and 3 finger leaves after mid-flower

Copalita Oaxacan -1 x ColJam ( Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread) Better flowering structure.

Last edited:

satva

Veteran
Copalita Oaxacan - 1, 2, 3, 4,

Copalita Oaxacan - 1, 2, 3, 4,

SMOKE REPORT

low vapor temeprature - vapors are sweetorange / pine flavor. High felt out the top of the head, very spacious. Its like your not high, someone else is high, no wait that someone else is me! Relaxed, sweet uplifting high

Trippy, philoshical, light headed, bit of visual trails with increased sensory and spacial awareness reminiscent of the classic 1970's Highland Oxacan high.

medium vapor temperature - vapors are frankincense, cedar, spice
high gets mellow. I could sit in a field and gaze at the Rocky Mountains for a couple of days, or weeks. Energy is relaxed, calm, psycedelic and not motivational. No energy rush or motivation for gardening, bicycling, or household chores. A relaxed contemplative philosophical, cerebral, somewhat meditative high.

High has a contented feeling "as it is" or "as it should be".

Copalita Oaxacan has less of an energy rush than Punto Rojo. Punto Rojo is a more euphoric and psychedelic high.

Copalita Oaxacan - 1
The 5 month cure was harvested with ripe seeds and + 40% amber resin. Orange/pine/Frankincense vapors. The initial vapors are trippy and calm buts lacks euphoria that you find in Punto Rojo. Energy flowing out the top of your head, as if someone else is high, no wait that's me. The medium - high vapors create a mellow grounded high.

Copalita Oaxacan -1 grown from clone with a two month cure + 10 % amber. Cured to light green / gold color with a fresh orange, pine, cedar aroma in the jar.

Copalita Oaxacan -1 (clone ) has a euphoric, mellow headed high similar to how I remember the high of 1974 Highland Oaxacan Gold and how also DJ Short describes the Highland Oaxacan Gold high.
Copalita Oaxacan cured has a "Light Green Gold" phenotype, and a "Gold/Green/Brown/Purple phenotype and a phenotype I call "Thai~esque" I haven't got an acceptable harvest from "Thai~esque" a small tastes says the high is exquisite. I have a "Thai~esque phenotype in late flower and this will be a good harvest.

DJ Short excerpts
my comments in indigo color

aroma and flavor were of a super-spicy cedar incense
YES

a comfortable yet psychedelic pot.
agree, mellow, philosophical and psychedelic high

High that kept coming on in waves
Slow vibrations are spaceous

Highland Oaxaca experience had peripheral visual distortions
Yes, trails and vibrations in your vision

sweet and spicy herb fruity pine aroma
in the five month cure there are also rich earthy aromas , coffee, cedar, pine, frankincense, denser high than the Clone with a proper harvest ~ 10% amber.

plants exhibited signs of hermaphroditism

Yes, that's the reason for the crosses to stable males. The alligator leaf phenos of Copalita Oaxacan with double serrations all hermaphodite females that turned male in early flower.

I'm very happy with the high from Copalita Oaxacan -1 clone. I'll have to smoke her alongside my favorite Punto Rojo. Punto Rojo has way more psychedelic energy - Copalita is mellow and spacious in comparison.

Copalita Oaxacan - 4 has a dreamy, spacious, other worldy high, similar to the growth and high from Destroyer's - Highland Thai phenotypes

Copalita Oaxacan - 1 x Punto Rojo should be a good

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Hi guys,

Unfortunately our buddy Purple Clouds sent me a message yesterday explaining me that he got busted this week at his place. I've felt like sharing the bad news here since many people knew him from here.

He's been a friend for a long time and I'm trying to figure out if there is something I could do in order to help, like maybe providing some seeds if he organizes a seed auction somewhere or something like that in order to support him a bit. I don't know I'm just trying to figure out about the possible options now.

We'll see. I'll stay in touch and see how it goes. It's just crazy to see all this people getting busted lately.:moon:

Best.

Hey Manny

I hope you are doing well.
I wanted to let you know I have been busted yesterday with over a hundred plants. Over half pound dried, and trying to get me for moonshine and shrooms..

I managed to hide/save my seed stash for the future. But everything else is gone besides 2 bowl packs and 2 pipes....I have no idea of what charges will be pushed on me..I'm probably looking at a felony and jail time.. I don't have money for a lawyer so I'm not sure how well this is going to go for me.

Really gutted from all this, I was Narced on by an old friend or possibly someone who I thought was the love of my life. Still waiting to find out for sure.

Much love brother

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Yea he reached out to me as well.

I wasnt sure if he lost his vault but from your copy-paste, it looks like his vault is safe.

Im happy to contribute to the cause.
He’s one of the few good dudes in this game.

purple clouds

Veteran
Auction Fund is up and running zenhousegardens.com if anyone is interested

plenty more to be added the next couple days