What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

some breeding and preservation projects

mexicani-ar

Guerrero Berry and Acapulco Gold males

Attachments

• 20160526_101405.jpg
    20160526_101405.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 19

purple clouds

Veteran
love your smoke reports satva, I didn't get a chance to smoke the colombian/lambsbread. From smoking the Duppy conqueror I notice effects on the third eye more then the crown chakra. Its a rising energy and only touches the crown when the energy peaks in waves. I used the most lambsbread dominate male to cross to the super metal haze.

I think it might be a good idea to have a scale of 1-10 on the level of bliss, focus, euphoria, visuals, etc.. and also the length of those waves of individual effects. I feel this would help all of us gain a better understanding of the frequencies and energy waves that ganja produces within us.

Beautiful punta rojas, especially the purple one

The super metal haze is rain crossed with the best male metal haze from the f1s, then a male from this hybrid was crossed to the best metal haze female. Flavors were off the charts on the super metal haze with a zen high that takes your mind to innerspace while being very positive(feeling love), energetic and warming. One of most potent varieties I've had the pleasure to toke.

Sice, its normal for leaves to die off on real sativa genetics. Even some landrace indicas too. Its a proper way of life to give all your energy to make the most of your essence. Giving your plants too many nutes(especially nitrogen) will cause an imbalance of hormones and your plant won't be as good because they are sidetracked on growing instead producing essence. I normally run low fertz to see genetic markers easier, so anyone that grows my stuff out can achieve bigger yields easily. I like plants that can take care of themselves, they seem to be the ones with genes that produce legendary highs.

Thanks Donald, I'm sure you will like the viet-lao, red thai, and anything with the rain in it.

Justabluez I recommend 30-45 days veg for all plants(if you have the room). I don't have angola roja X red thai, so I'm assuming you mean Angola roja/f13 X red thai f2 flowering time is 16 weeks. The (Angola roja/f13 X red thai)X cherry bomb I didn't try but it will be quicker flowering 12-14 weeks and have larger yields with a deeper spacier high.

Thanks for posting that goatcheese I've been looking for the original LH/A11GXA11G description. Great strain to feel vibes from vietnamese and nevilles haze with a 12 week flower time and good yield.

Hey mexecani-ar, How are the Acapulco golds and Guerrero berries coming along? Did you get a chance to smoke these yet? What are the smells like on the acapulcos?

justabluez

Veteran
Hi Purple Clouds,

Yes, Angola roja/F13 X Red Thai F2. Now I'm really excited, because I did not realize that F-13 was a strain. I now have to read all I can about the F-13. Seems like it was something special !! Also, 16 weeks......I will have to practice my patience.

It will be a while before I get to run those babies!!

mexicani-ar

Hey purple clouds , I flipped the lights to 11/13 - on/off six days ago on the Guerrero berry (Gb) and Acapulco gold (Ag) females, took a couple clones from my Ag male and female , and a couple clones from my GB male and female, I haven't had the chance to smoke these yet, and regarding the smell on Ag will have to wait until she starts developing buds, saludos mexicani-ar

GoatCheese

Veteran
Thanks for posting that goatcheese I've been looking for the original LH/A11GXA11G description. Great strain to feel vibes from vietnamese and nevilles haze with a 12 week flower time and good yield.
Hey, PC

How is the effect on the LH/A11GXA11G's? Is it clear and not-racy like Apollo 11s usually are? I have a pack in the fridge that i have to be germing soon before they go too old.
:)

satva

Veteran
Beautiful punta rojas, especially the purple one

hehehe, makes sense purple clouds would like the purple one, I call that one maroon. I like the golds. Copalita Oaxacan trim in late flower is gold. There is a purple pheno in Cannabiogen's Punto Rojo, but I haven't found it. I didn't find the classic Red Point. Green / red. Red on the calyx points or tips.

My favorite everyday Punto Rojo -1 is gold / light green with a . [blissful high. I smoked both Copalita and Punto Rojo -1 yesterday.
[/LEFT]
Copalita (leaf / trim) high increases awareness with a spacious Zen-like head - cleaner and calmer high than Punto Rojo -1. Connissiouer high

Punto Rojo -1 is psychedelic and the most euphoric, and internally focused with a psychedelic vibrational energy and a happy stone. Profound shift in consciousness I call spiritual. An excellent example of the high from a late 1960's early 1970 Colombian gold / light green Haze.

Punto Rojo - 3 (sweet tropical fruit) is the most balanced and blissful still psychedelic, but with the minimum amount of vibrational energy and the most fun high.

Punto Rojo -2 the maroon (purple) pheno-type has the most vibrational energy and is my least favorite pheno-type. The high is energetic, and a bit edgy. Not a fun high, good for household chores gardening.

Punto Rojo - 4 is psychedelic and trippy. The most mind altering, if you want to explore altered states of consciousness. Longest flowering. Definitely fun.

[Punto Rojo - 4 x "ColJam" (Colombian Gold x 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread) x Colombian Gold] will be the first Colombian cross I grow.

My one ColJam female was Colombian Gold dominate, and similar growth structure to Punto Rojo. Very clean, clear high, cerebral, and intense. My nervous system gets overloaded (tripped-out) if I smoke ColJam for several days in a row.

I'm growing a few [Copalita Oaxacan -1 x (ColJam) looking for a male to backcross to Copalita Oaxacan females, and a couple of Oaxacan Copalita males and one more Copalita Oaxacan female pheno-type.

Definitely interested in your thoughts on categorizing the narrow leaf / sativa / haze high. First thought how I'd categorize the high from South American hazes.

Spacious, mind altering, other worldy.
Cerebral, trippy like LSD -25
Psycedelic, happy, fun like mushrooms
Happy, Zen-like, content well-being, increased sensory awareness

Excited about Acapulco Gold genetics becoming available. Not sure if Acapulco Gold is a pure sativa. We smoked 1971 - 1972 Acapulco Gold. I the high from Highland Mexican. The high is often cleaner and calmer than Colombian.

The Acapulco Gold high was strong psychedelic, fun, euphoric, energetic, everybody laughing uncontrollably.

AG was similar to Panama Red both were strong psychedelic, and lowered inhibitions, both had some stone to the high and a wild and crazy effect. You got that impossible to hide stone big grin, red eyes very alter perceptions.

PS> I posted detailed smoke reports of the five Colombian pheno-types on IcMag/Cannabiogen/Punto Rojo.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280616&page=11

Last edited:

satva

Veteran
Some claim Zacatecas Purple... is a connoisseur Mexican variety, others claim that red or maroon varieties like Punto Rojo, Zacatecas Purple have a spiritual high. Nothing wrong with that!

Without a Zacatecas male, I'd use a Punto Rojo male to make seeds.

Big Sur Holy Weed is supposedly - [Zacatecas Purple x Afganistan]

Maroon cannabis pictures from others, and an excerpt from a Snowhigh post at Cannabiogen Club

Perhpas some 1970's era color editing, you get the idea.

Punto Rojo grown by others from Cannabiogen Club

Cannabiogen Punto Rojo grown by me

excerpt from a Snowhigh post

"I hope that the Mexican cultivars of old will return again. So much was lost, many family generations of growing family cannabis lines. I believe a lot of the mythical cannabis lines like Haze were comprised of mainly Mexican lines. Like the Purple Haze phenos, well it could be Colombian purple phenos but from my research and talking to people in the know. Some of the Purple phenos in say Old Timers Haze I believe is actually genetics from Zihuatanejo Purple which seeds were brought to the areas around the Big Sur Mountains which is below Santa Cruz down the coast of California.

Coincidentally the strain called Big Sur Holy Weed had Zacatecas Purple or Torreon Violet in its genetics. So the Delores Purple could have also been what people were calling now, Zacatecas Purple or Torreon Violet.
"

Last edited:

satva

Veteran
Snowhigh's Acapulco Gold looks like the real deal to me. If we're lucky Bodhi used this one.

Snowhigh's pictures posted on the Cannabiogen Club, thread California Love. of Snowhigh's Acapulco Gold. There is a thread on IcMag where Snowhigh's discusses his varieties,hopefully this post is okay with IcMag.

Snowhigh noted the harvest picture of Acapulco Gold was a late harvets or past the peak harvest window. I'd smoke it... everyday....... hehehe. Snowhigh's other harvest picture look early to me. This variety looks pure sativa based on the 18 degree latitude of the Guerrero region of Mexico ~ Sierra Madre Del Sur mountains.

picture.php

Last edited:

purple clouds

Veteran
Hey justabluez f13 is from dj short and the best hybrid i've tried from him. thai and afghan vibes shine brightly in this cultivar, well balanced high.

looking forward to your updates mexicani-ar :)

Goatcheese I never smoked pure apollo 11. I have smoked c99 though. Its calmer then c99, it starts with subtle relaxing body effects then followed by pleasant happy energetic vibes from the vietnamese and a slightly spacey effect that can be trippy.

satva I look at cannabis highs from an energy and vibrational perspective I'm still mapping effects out in my head, So my understanding isn't complete. I've never tried LSD so I can't comment effects relating to acid. Here is how would explain OT haze, it has a calming energy and a high speed energy. The calmness relaxes the mind promoting slow deep dreamy thinking. The high speed energy can speed up thoughts but mostly opens up electrical pathways in the brain. calm energy builds up in the lower chakras and high speed energy builds up in the throat into the third eye chakra. The ot haze has more high speed energy so its more up of course but the calm energy allows the high to be deeper and much more introspective enabling you to trip out in yourself. How these energies overlap and how strong the energy determines the the differences in the highs with in cultivars. The purple haze phenos have more of the calmness so thus making the high more introspective. There is also a slight happy effect to both phenos, enough to brighten your day.
The lower and higher energies is also why I think people are effected differently, its all in the state of energy you are in and what you focus on.

mexicani-ar

Bodhi Acapulco Gold on the left and Chimera Highland Mexican on the right, saludos mexicani-ar

Attachments

• 20160622_090212-1.jpg
    20160622_090212-1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20160622_090351.jpg
    20160622_090351.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

mexicani-ar

female clones

female clones

Chimera Highland Mexican on the left and Bodhi Acapulco Gold on the right, saludos mexicani-ar

Attachments

• 20160621_110056.jpg
    20160621_110056.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 17

satva

Veteran
Colombian / Oaxacan

Colombian / Oaxacan

I'm smoke testing four pheno-types of Cannabiogen's Punto Rojo origin three mountain regions North, Central, South, ColJam - Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread and Copalita Oaxacan - 1

Punto Rojo pheno-types:

Punto Rojo 1) Gold / Light Green, " The Blissful One"
Punto Rojo 2) Maroon, "Energetic and Cerebral"
Punto Rojo 3) Rainbow - Maroon / Dark Green "Spacious and Pleasureable"
Punto Rojo 4) Light Green / Silver, "Psycedelic Spacious"

ColJam Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread - Silver/Purple, Green - "Clear, Cerebral, Trippy" Crown chakra - third eye sphere of energy / awareness.

Copalita Oaxacan -1 ) Gold / light green "Spacious Calm" high felt as a sphere from the heart to the top of the head. Calmer vibration and energy than Punto Punto, much calmer than ColJam.

Observations
ColJam is Clear strong, intense and trippy, and cerebral, but lacks the blissful, feel-good energy of Punto Rojo.

Punto Rojo - the blissful fun factor of the high comes with some stone. The cleaner highs of Punto Rojo -2 and ColJam are less fun.

Breeding goal - Blissful, pleasureable, cerebral high

Combine varieties with a high felt as a vibrational sphere from the heart to the crown of the head, spacious and blissful.

Copalita Oaxacan x ColJam
Punto Rojo 3 x ColJam
Copalita Oaxacan x Punto Rojo

Breeding Goal - Mexican x Haze

Punto Rojo high clean, pleasurable, energetic, psychedelic
Highland Mexican high - calm, spacious, feel good

Copalita Oaxacan x (1973 Highland Guerrero / Blueberry)
Punto Rojo 3 x (1973 Highland Guerrero / Blueberry)
Copalita Oaxacan X ColJam

Breeding Goal - cross two best Gold Haze highs

Punto Rojo -1 (Gold) x 1980 Colombian Gold pheno-type of ColJam

Punto Rojo -1 (Gold) x (1972 Colombian Gold x C99)

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Ive done it. Progeny came out great and their progeny came out great.
Lots of breeders have made gear after Revegging the plant that came out of left field and blew them away

Edit,
I just want to add that the plant should be vegged long enough that it isnt carrying any stress hormones from the revert before flowering so that you dont have a stressed plant making seeds. Stressed plants are great for making hash but horrible at making strong/safe progeny.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Goatcheese I never smoked pure apollo 11. I have smoked c99 though. Its calmer then c99, it starts with subtle relaxing body effects then followed by pleasant happy energetic vibes from the vietnamese and a slightly spacey effect that can be trippy.

Sounds just the type of weed i'm looking for.
Did you grow many of these? ..are there alot of long-flowering plants in the original line?

Any photos?

:)

satva

Veteran
Punto Rojo x Oaxacan

Punto Rojo x Oaxacan

Copalita Oaxacan x Punto Rojo
Copalita Oaxacan x (ColJam Colombian gold x 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread)
Copalita Oaxacan x (1973 Highland Guerrero / Blueberry)

Copalita Oaxacan - 1

Punto Rojo

ColJam - Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread

1973 Highland Guerrero / Blueberry

Latest posts

Latest posts