What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

some breeding and preservation projects

purple clouds

Veteran
i posted this at another site but figured i would post here too. since this has been my favorite site from the time overgrow went down. i hope you enjoy.

first up is from one of my first grows. a pure thai i have given the name rain. grown from window light, moved every so often to receive the most light it could through out the day. it has flowering time of 20+ weeks with a very psychedelic high lasting around 7-8 hours. my favorite strain by far. i think i was 14 years old maybe 15 at the time this was grown. this landrace was given to me by a kind fellow from australia.

Attachments

• 87 thai 1.jpg
    87 thai 1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 52
  • 87 thai 5.jpg
    87 thai 5.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 87 thai 4.jpg
    87 thai 4.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 49

purple clouds

Veteran
next up is from last years grow. blue nepalesex(colombian blackXrain).

the male in the the pics smelled exactly like thai basil the whole way through growth. only getting stronger when flowered. the female smell citrus lime when vegging. which turned to a very funky cherry scent in flower. when dried smelled it smelled like funky lemon-lime. tasted almost like mountain dew. i use the word funky because i never smelled or tasted any thing like the funky side of it. the high is pure energy, motivating, very deep spiritual.

Last edited by a moderator:

purple clouds

Veteran
this one is (rainxc99)xrain. in this cross i was trying to make a pure thai like plant with a decent flowering time and yeild. the dry bud smelled like a sweet rose, like a rose coated in sugar. i will be taking this to ibl status selecting for thai leaning plants while maintaining variety. i should also mention none of the plants in last years grow got to finish due to frost. i think it was november 10th they were cut down. this one will be named rain cloud.

purple clouds

Veteran
this one is from about 4 years ago. its (rain x metal haze) x metal haze. i call it super metal haze. its a more potent, sticky, and tasty the metal haze. the high is not as clear and more trippy compared to the metal haze also. i'll be starting this project up again if everything works out for me.

Attachments

• smh bud reveg.jpg
    smh bud reveg.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 34
  • smh 6.jpg
    smh 6.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 31
  • smh 5.jpg
    smh 5.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 35
  • smh 4.jpg
    smh 4.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 37
  • smh 3.jpg
    smh 3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 29
  • smh 2.jpg
    smh 2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 30
  • smh 1.jpg
    smh 1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 30

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Purple, why not dig a 4x4 hole and let these things stretch to all their beautiful glory? You have these really nice landraces but they seem to be held back a bit form their full capacity?

Nice to see someone keeping them going. I'm sure you have some real unique stuff in those.

purple clouds

Veteran
thanks Ur Humbl Nr8tor

hey lokes i wish i could do that but i can't because of frost. i rootbound them to flower a little quicker. i'm hoping to buy some land in the tropics within the next few years so i can take these to there full potential. i'm just doing what i can for the time being.

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
thanks Ur Humbl Nr8tor

hey lokes i wish i could do that but i can't because of frost. i rootbound them to flower a little quicker. i'm hoping to buy some land in the tropics within the next few years so i can take these to there full potential. i'm just doing what i can for the time being.

I'll go in with yah, tropics sound pretty good right about now. A little spear fishing, surfing and smoking weed, hmmm. Twist my arm.

:friends:

purple clouds

Veteran
i'll keep you in mind lokes.

thanks kcs and calcio.

i'll post some more recent pics soon. i've been having computer problems and just got a new one.

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
i'll keep you in mind lokes.

thanks kcs and calcio.

i'll post some more recent pics soon. i've been having computer problems and just got a new one.

Sounds good. Don't think a little fun in the sun ever hurt anyone. Can't wait to see your new pics.

purple clouds

Veteran
thanks greenluv and nice work on keeping the 86' choc. thai alive.

some metal haze pictures. the first two pics are the longest flowering pheno taking around 24 weeks to finish. the rest are the second longest flowering pheno flowering in 16-18 weeks. there two other phenos i found. a 12 week and 10 week. i think the 12 week pheno is the overall best. they are all a little different in smells, tastes, yields, and highs.

Attachments

• DSC_0067.jpg
    DSC_0067.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0066.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 37
  • photo 4
    photo 4
    70.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 35

purple clouds

Veteran
some dried shots of the 16-18 week metal haze. it could have gone longer but i didn't want to seed it with the power diesels.

Attachments

• DSC_0120.jpg
    DSC_0120.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0118.jpg
    DSC_0118.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0110.jpg
    DSC_0110.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 37

purple clouds

Veteran
this is a rain cloud f2. i wanted to show the albino and crinkle mutation that comes from the pure rain. this mutation has only been seen when half or more of the hybrid is composed of pure rain. the plants mostly grow out of this mutation.

Attachments

• DSC_0141.jpg
    DSC_0141.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0142.jpg
    DSC_0142.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0144.jpg
    DSC_0144.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0145.jpg
    DSC_0145.jpg