• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ureapwhatusow said:
I have been researching commercial for a while, here is some disparate information I came up with

one way to keep out of harms reach is not to become a viable target

I mean in regards to being a "solid" target. All branches of law enforcecment have to justify their actions. Keeping your grow from being a "worthy bust" in the eyes of law enforcement is important. Owning assets that can be siezed to cover the costs is big. If they have to investigate you for a year there is a cost involved. They have to justify it with a big bust.

When they get a tip they hav eto investigate you this MAY take some time

DO NOT OPERATE IN THE SAME LEO JURISDITION FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME

every bust I read normaly says, "and they were under investigation for x years" like the pot cave in missouri(or tenessee)?? 8 years they were investigated.

LEO cannot leave their juristdiction to investigate you

in regards to retirement, I was told that there are residential growers who search specifically for rent with option to buy rental homes. They grow for a year and roll the money into the house and rent it out. Perhaps in a multi house residential grow this is viable.

market research

I researched both residential and commercial locations, I called a some commericial locations. Talked to a broker and I told him i have business license and work with computers (true) and the brokers told me verbatim, 'good, cause we get bikers looking to grow pot in out warehouses regularly'

i am on the east coast 1 1/2 hours from NYC in the suburbs

you work with computers and you need a warehouse? do you buy a bunch of computers in bulk? or do you work on computers?

if you had a serious need for a warehouse, and a serious cover, then i think the broker would have sensed that and would not have given you the answer "good cause we get bikers looking to grow pot in our warehouses regularly...."

people are not dumb...

maybe a worker at mcdonalds is, but not a commercial real estate broker...

U

ureapwhatusow

yamaha_1fan said:
I would think the people under investigation for more than a few months are under the DEA or some other federal task force. Then that can be easily transferred to another office.

As far as warehouses go, I think you got an odd comment. I have rented plenty of warehouses and never got that comment or hint. I even rented a commercial warehouse for personal reasons and it was never questioned.

bigger branches of law enforcement normally dont get involved and when they do (watch DEA show on spike) they are normally satisfied if they can get the growers to stop

ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT goes after low hanging fruit

Compalcent pot heads are eary targets ( I know :) )

the one detriment to smoking is the lack of motivation

the more permenant your grow, the easier their case is (look hes a pro) and the easier it is to find you.

If they get a warrant and your not there they cant just hunt you donw and get a warrant for every place they assume you will be. The process starts all over again

sumo

ureapwhatusow said:
the one detriment to smoking is the lack of motivation

I don't think everyone who smokes herb is unmotivated. I mean weed costs big bucks. How does an unmotivated person come up with $ to buy herb?

How unmotivated is that bitch?

Yea some unmotivated stoner built that cab.
How motivated do I have to be? For what? So I can buy more shit and burn more fossil fuels? The USA definately needs some chill time. We take the least amount of vacation of any rich country. We drive long commutes to work long hours to buy, spend,and pay. We live in Mcmansions and burn gobs and gobs of fossil fuel. Is that motivation? I guess alcohol really motivates the hell out of people. I have been like this all of my life. Contemplative. Noncompetitive. Friendly. I am plenty motivated.

B

British_Bulldog

More good info - thanks guys :)

Here's a little favourite of mine for transporting - on the day of transport, bag the goods several times and wrap tight with some tape - this is to stop the smell leaking if done anymore in advance ;)

Then place in a (child's toy) box and wrap with birthday wrapping paper, buy and write out a b'day card to a niece/nephew, and stick onto the outside of the 'present'.

When you hand it over to your mate, remember to wish them a happy birthday, LoL ;)

asher1er

Veteran
British_Bulldog said:

Here's a little favourite of mine for transporting - on the day of transport, bag the goods several times and wrap tight with some tape - this is to stop the smell leaking if done anymore in advance ;)

Then place in a (child's toy) box and wrap with birthday wrapping paper, buy and write out a b'day card to a niece/nephew, and stick onto the outside of the 'present'.

When you hand it over to your mate, remember to wish them a happy birthday, LoL ;)

nothing like sealing them in a food saver.. Save-A-Meal or any other similar sealing product. Then placed in gift boxes and wrapped up :joint:

Ajunta Pall

ureapwhatusow said:

How do you plan to accomplish this? By asking everyone you sell to to move? Growing in a different jurisdiction than the one you sell in makes sense, but your market is not going to move just because you get paranoid.

Ajunta Pall

As far as transporting fully loaded goes, I bought me a work truck. One under the commercial weight limit. It's properly licensed, registered, and insured. The best time to transport, at least for me is 6 am M-F. This way I blend in with all the other plumbers, carpenters, and electricans on the road, all going to their job sites.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
British_Bulldog said:

Barry Cooper (an ex po po) made a video and in the video he stated that it takes 2 hours for marijuana odor to start permeating anything thus allowing trained canines to sniff it out...

so make sure you wrap it up right before you go...

thats what she said

B

British_Bulldog

Ajunta Pall said:
As far as transporting fully loaded goes, I bought me a work truck. One under the commercial weight limit. It's properly licensed, registered, and insured. The best time to transport, at least for me is 6 am M-F. This way I blend in with all the other plumbers, carpenters, and electricans on the road, all going to their job sites.

Good info Ajunta - the key to successful movement of goods is blending in.

My preferred modus operandi is in the middle of the day, in a busy out-of-town shopping area, but away from security cameras wherever possible.

NEVER do deals at night, in isolated places, or in places which are known hot spots for the pigs.

Last edited:

MPL

Fuck yeah. I am so with you on this, 100%.

sumo said:
How motivated do I have to be? For what? So I can buy more shit and burn more fossil fuels? The USA definately needs some chill time. We take the least amount of vacation of any rich country. We drive long commutes to work long hours to buy, spend,and pay. We live in Mcmansions and burn gobs and gobs of fossil fuel. Is that motivation? I guess alcohol really motivates the hell out of people. I have been like this all of my life. Contemplative. Noncompetitive. Friendly. I am plenty motivated.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
British_Bulldog said:
Good info Ajunta - the key to successful movement of goods is blending in.

My preferred modus operandi is in the middle of the day, in a busy out-of-town shopping area, but away from security cameras wherever possible.

NEVER do deals at night, in isolated places, or in places which are known hot spots for the pigs.

McDonalds anyone ... ?

How many people arrange meets and have people say "Oh yeah, there is a McDonalds there, let's meet there" and then just lurk around the car park like crackheads on the rob.

Barrier Bags are great, Aluminium looking thick plastic that you seal with a hot iron, nothing leaks out, even after days with the good ones. The Sniffer Dogs at the airport never give my bulging groin a second glance ... :wink:

If you print up some official bullshit product labels to glue to a barrier bag [steal all the graphics from the website, 5 minutes work..] you could well pass most LEO inspections, especially if it was sealed in a matching box and bag.... many products, like expensive electronics, arrive in these.

F T P !

U

ureapwhatusow

Ajunta Pall said:
ureapwhatusow said:

How do you plan to accomplish this? By asking everyone you sell to to move? Growing in a different jurisdiction than the one you sell in makes sense, but your market is not going to move just because you get paranoid.

In regard to a grow op, not to your customer base

it relative to the commercial grower thread title, not transportation

Ajunta Pall

Let me start this post off by saying that normally I do not like to share too much of how I operate. But today I seem to be in a very cheery mood. What I will post about is what happens after a bust. In the US, as that is where I live.

The internet is a virtual fucking gold mine. The info that can be dredged up there is better than fucking gold. Let me now spin my brief tale.

A couple of years ago while doing bong hits on the shitter in my house, I was thinking about my grow. Specifically what happens after the product is finally here in my greedy little hands. I, like everyone else in the world, want very much to keep my "ill gotten gains". So I came up with an idea as I was staring off into space, listening to a replay of good ol' Howard Stern. Background checks!

That's right. Background checks. Now-a-days most arrest records make it to the internet in a few short hours. So I did a search for companies that constantly monitor such things as arrest records. Most of these sites only require a full name and birth date, and WHAM-O!

Ajunta Pall

Well somehow I fucked up. Anyway, you get the results instantly.

When someone is trying to set you up, time, my friends is on your side. If one of your people calls you unexpectedly asking for product right away and you are suspcious, you go to the web site and look them up. Even if your suspicions are not aroused look em up anyway before you make your regular delivery.

By doing this I saved someone close to me from getting rolled on by one of their so called friends. Dude got popped, and wanted to make a deal. I told my associate (because I'm so paranoid I check for arrests everyday. Aside from driving by my associates houses to make sure there are no raids going on) who cut all ties with this person. Who ended up just setting up someone else.

That's my story make of it what you will. Oh yeah the web site I belong to only cost around 20 US (fucking pesos to you Euro spenders) a month. A small price for service that may keep you out of jail.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Ajunta Pall said:
Well somehow I fucked up. Anyway, you get the results instantly.

When someone is trying to set you up, time, my friends is on your side. If one of your people calls you unexpectedly asking for product right away and you are suspcious, you go to the web site and look them up. Even if your suspicions are not aroused look em up anyway before you make your regular delivery.

By doing this I saved someone close to me from getting rolled on by one of their so called friends. Dude got popped, and wanted to make a deal. I told my associate (because I'm so paranoid I check for arrests everyday. Aside from driving by my associates houses to make sure there are no raids going on) who cut all ties with this person. Who ended up just setting up someone else.

That's my story make of it what you will. Oh yeah the web site I belong to only cost around 20 US (fucking pesos to you Euro spenders) a month. A small price for service that may keep you out of jail.

A lot of jurisdictions have that info available online for free these days. State court dates and local sheriff/PD arrest records are usually linked directly through their websites.

Ajunta Pall

ItsGrowTime said:
A lot of jurisdictions have that info available online for free these days. State court dates and local sheriff/PD arrest records are usually linked directly through their websites.

What maybe true for you, is sadly unavailable for me. :badday: Because I'm also a notoriously cheap bastard, and would love to get that info for free!

B

British_Bulldog

Good info and idea Ajunta Pall,

More general though, I always remember what someone wisely said on OG:

After a Knock and Talk, the next person who asks you for bud is the rat.

Ajunta Pall said:
If one of your people calls you unexpectedly asking for product right away....

I did have 1 customer, but I'd helped an old 'friend' out in the past a few times. However, I'd stopped associating with him, and not sold to him since I went commercial.

Then after my Knock and Talk, guess who contacts me asking for bud? Yup him, and maybe it was him who ratted me out?

Anyway, needless to say, I said I'd stopped being involved in bud for some time (I told him I was a middleman and didn't ever mention being a grower), and couldn't help.

A relation of his had also been involved in a big bust (not growing though), but he told me it was after my Knock and Talk (didn't tell him about the Knock and Talk), but I remember saying to my gf it all seems suspicious.

I had no proof so left him alone, but there's only 2 or 3 other possibilities of who ratted, and none are people I know personally.

Remember this people.

Peace

Last edited:

NorCalHal

HUGE Thread!

One of the KEY things I have read and agree with is having one out. If you go big and have weight, you must have ONE out who is ready everytime you are.

By having this, it allows me to concentrate on nothing but growing dank. I never have to worry about "getting on the horn and trying to move it". I can't say enough about how KEY this is to a successful big operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.