So you wanna be a commercial grower?

• Thread starter British_Bulldog
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

slipperysamus

ChaosCatalunya said:
Good Q Slippery one,

Are you asking a Q based on SoG ? From what I have seen a 7x7 PSM gives the highest yield for mainly Indica commercial strains, but on a 10K plus grow you are probably talking over 1,000 plantlets, very hard to get right..... most Commercial Growers I hear about seem to grow larger plants, get slightly lower yield, but with a lot less work and plant numbers.

1.37 gm/w /56 has to be very good for anyone with 10K plus, IMO, but with the love and care you find on smaller setups, more is possible. Most will probably laugh at me, but I reckon 3gm/w is possible with a highly maintained, perfected SoG.... but that would be very hard to replicate on a large scale.

SOG or any style for that matter... In CA, plant numbers are of some concern, so typically in this set up each plant takes up about 1.6sqft of canopy, (or 5.5 plants per Meter Squared).

In an Ebb Flow set up, high grade production seems to max out at 75gm/sqft (or 675gm/sqMeter) again, per 8 weeks (9-10 for certain exotic strains).

Not sure my math is correct, but as I have it, theres 11,000k in 12:12 yielding about 15,000gm which by my math is around 1.35gm/watt. Based off that I dont think 3gm/watt is whatsoever possible, but if so... WOW!!!

Just trying to get a feel for what competent folks are averaging in a larger (10k+) venue.

slipperysamus

CAOS: I guess I was referring only to the regular producers of high grade. And yes, I also agree, that it quite easy to let things go in a garden of any size, but for sake of the question, I guess Im only seeking stats from skilled high grade ops. With the intent on establishing a bar of sorts for other larger scale skilled producers to strive towards (Im sure damn near everyone on icmag could supply some sort of pitiful number they scraped by with once upon a time)

Evgeni_Malkin said:
Yes the math is off I was reading off my written notes and I added one too many zeros. So with 25 lights I was expecting around 20,000 grams but if I were to cut that down in half to 10-12 lights I should expect around 10,000 grams right?

Not sure what math you say is off but yours sounds fairly average (not in a bad way) especially if your product is very nice. assuming you had 1000w lights, that would be 0.8gm/watt or about 1.75 lb/1000w. (but if youre talking 600s, which is what the numbers I submitted were based off, than youre right around 1.3gm/watt, and doing damn well I might add)

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Slippery - 3grams/watt. It seems unattainable to me as well. I feel like there is an equilibrium between plant number and yield. There is a such thing as too many plants. I'm attempting to experiment with this VERY thing.

My goal is to maximize the yield on a single 600w HPS. With the intention of later multiplying the setup 6 - 10 times.

Obviously, the gram/watt figure has many variables. Soil, hydro, number of plants. Method of flowering. Horizontally mounted, vertically mounted bulbs, and genetics.

I will be experimenting with SOG. High density and beyond. I'm currently flowering 25 plants in 7" square rose pots under 600. They are in soil, which will limit my yield. So I plan to make the switch to a recirculating srip system. Or an E&F table.

I don't think that 50 is out of the question. But niether is 12. I beleive it is possible that 50 could be too many, and nothing would yield nicely. But maybe 12 would be not enough, with alot more veg time. That was also in mind with deciding on this number. I didn't want to veg long. Just 11 days. Then I switched. Trimmed off lower growth, hoping to get 2 or 3 nice size nugs per clone...

Only time will tell. After the next week or so, I'm sure I'll be able to see how they are setting themselvers up to bud. ie. where the nugs will form.

I understand my genetic selection can limit me. While I want a high yielding strain, my main concern is producing the highest quality of bud with no "getting lazy".

So I feel as though UK Cheese is a good choice. Although it's my first time flowering it, I've heard that it is a decent yielder with AAA grade nugs. So, hopefully I can at least surpass a gram per watt or attain that the first run. That would be an amazing starting point.

Last edited:
G

Greyskull

I need to get my gram per watt better (600g per 1000K)... but I am pulling 500-600G every 30 days! :woohoo:

I love my MTF!

What every commerical grower needs - this little sumbitch lets me complete my harvests in 25% of the time it used to take me before.

Mahalo

G

Greyskull

Aloha blackone & yamaha_1fan!

I am going to be chopping the MTF table down Wednesday, so I'll be able to provide some pretty good pics of the chop...

Stay tuned....
Mahalo

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Greyskull said:

how do you grow thoes beautiful plants then mangle them all up with that expensive Piece of shit?

i know its quick, because it indiscriminately cops everything, caps, oil and leaf.

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
That's wierd. My anti-virus/firewall has a website identifier that tells me the location of any server.

I think maybe something is being routed through the UK. Otherwise, why would it come up?
that your correct on, its probably being routed through UK depending on where ur at.
i dont even use antivirus, just know how to program my router.

Last edited:
G

Greyskull

DIGITALHIPPY said:
how do you grow thoes beautiful plants then mangle them all up with that expensive Piece of shit?

i know its quick, because it indiscriminately cops everything, caps, oil and leaf.

:laughing:

The end result is all in how you work the machine, digitalhippie :joint:
Yes, it is very capable of damage. Absolutely. If you just push and force the buds into the grate, then yeah, you'll get a really crappy cut. You have to have some "touch" and you have to take your time to allow the tool to help you.

I was very apprehensive at first, but I got sick of a) taking 12-16 straight hours doing it myself by hand, and b) paying $200 per LB for the help of professional trimmer. The grower who turned me onto the trimmer uses his machine alone to trim the crop, dries it for 3 days, then sends it on down the road. I do not agree completey with his harvest philosophy, but it works for him. The cut straight from the machine alone is okay - a little rough. I have seen rougher cuts, but...

^^^please note this is not Greyskull's finished product^^^

I HAVE FOUND THE BEST RESULTS USING THE MACHINE FIRST, THEN FOLLOW IT UP WITH MY FISKARS TO CLEAN EVERYTHING UP.
I call it the "cut & style" approach - its a much better product :joint:

I'll have some pics of my MTF harvest posted later this week for ya'll to scream "bloody murder" at.

Bye for now

Last edited:

samba

A lot of negativity on this tread...
I read it all, some very good info, alot of flaming
I watched most of the BBC videos,and it looks like all most all of them were growing "trees" in soil. I guess the risks of loosing a crop are so much smaller that its smarter, at least if your not a pro.
I don't see why a novice couldn't pull of a big 10kw flip/flop grow with soil,hand watered. If you just get the climate ok I don't see a big problem, and of course you need to be able to make clones... I think i would try it,but I'm not trusting anyone to do business at that scale. Well,the ones I do trust I wouldn't get mixed up in shit this big. I get about 0,3-0,5g/W, yeah,just make fun of me :( but I would still be getting 3000g/month. Thats a lot of money if sold! So, even I COULD pull it of with a big profit!

S

slackerbri

British_Bulldog said:
I also started young, but if anyone tells me a 20 year old masterminded and carried out a 500+ indoor grow op, then they're talking shit, plain and simple.

evilphil - 2kw is hobby, not commercial, not even in the same ballpark.

Let's keep it real people

They start them young here, I've heard of more plants from younger kids. I've tested their wares and was impressed.

Welcome to California.

B

Bubble Puppy

Greyskull said:
I need to get my gram per watt better (600g per 1000K)... but I am pulling 500-600G every 30 days! :woohoo:

I love my MTF!

What every commerical grower needs - this little sumbitch lets me complete my harvests in 25% of the time it used to take me before.

Mahalo

Greyskull,

Can i ask what strain your running in the pic?

Unionman

LiLWaynE said:
Identifying Potential Grow House Operators (Renters):

Did the renter check out every room?
Did the renter provide proper identification?
Have references been provided and do they check out?
Did the renter spend a lot of time viewing the breaker boxes, wiring and plumbing?
QUOTE]
:laughing: I just happend to come acrosst this thread and saw this Did the renter check out every room.....Well duh dumb fucks you want to know what you will get for the rent price. Did the renter spend alot of time vewing the breaker boxed and plumbing....ahahahaha even more laughs hmmm...could this person be looking to make sure the shit wont spark fire when his child is sleeping in the crib. No way would he be looking for leaks in the plumbing??

This is in NO way trying to disrespect Wayne, I like the post just cannot belive how the PIGGIES word shit and stuff like that.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
I think in regards to the Did they check every room was meant to say, Did they check every room? because if they didn't they might be a grower. I think it was worded incorrectly.

G

Greyskull

Matanuska Thunderfuck buds manually preharvested (manual removal of fan leaves & all the secondaries that can be removed without digging into the buds.. done 2-3 days before they come down) before being given the haircut with the Trimbox.

I like it, my clip time is fast.... the only complaint I get is "we want more!".

Doesn't look crushed or stepped on or run over :nono: and smokes sooo good. :rasta:

EuroToker

I'm in Mainland europe now, but wouldn't mind heading over to the U.K
Outta curiosity, how much does a LB sell for typically? Also what kinda Jailtime is realistic for 6 lights with approx 60 plants?

George

lol at the fact that anything under 10kw isnt a commercial grow.

a commercial grow isnt based off the wattage used, its based on what is going to happen to the harvest. if the harvest is to be sold for profit, its a commercial grow. doesnt matter if its 600w, or 60000w.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
George said:
lol at the fact that anything under 10kw isnt a commercial grow.

a commercial grow isnt based off the wattage used, its based on what is going to happen to the harvest. if the harvest is to be sold for profit, its a commercial grow. doesnt matter if its 600w, or 60000w.

Not to the people growing where houses full of beasters.

EuroToker

Mr. Tony said:
Not to the people growing where houses full of beasters.

Very true, commercial in B.C is a different animal than elseware, even stealing power is a different game imo, because if bc hydro wants to narc out growers they open themselves up to theft karma wise, plus they have a lot more employees who help steal power.

That said though.... I doubt somebody sitting on a 10kw+ is gonna run around forums telling people anything less isn't commercial. Hardcores with 250 watts or no grow at all are usually the culprit, because even though we're all growers, they still wanna flex their e-penis and look like they know their shit.

Thats why if you ask a question about something for your 1000w lamps, you get some guy with 150 watts telling you some irrelevant shit that only works for him in his closet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts