What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So, which God is yours???

armedoldhippy

Veteran
lol, but business is always about making money is it not? Otherwise it wouldn´t be a business :)

You´re right about prostitution of course but the church became a big and powerful institution. By comparison pimps only have power of a handful of people.

there are "non-profits" out there doing good deeds with no shareholders waiting for dividends. you want to see power? get all of the women on the planet (hookers too) to cut all of the men off until they act normal again...THAT, my friend, is what real power looks like.
:tongue:

Cuddles

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]there are "non-profits" out there doing good deeds with no shareholders waiting for dividends[/FONT]
those are not businesses.

Getting all women on the same page will never happen. Neither will getting all of the men to do the right thing.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I'm Christian but I think the ancient Jews are kind of cool...the middle East....Egypt...temples with gold and ivory. King Solomon's temple... Its all really fascinating. How did they get back to Jerusalem after the Babylonian captivity? And rebuild? That's cool too.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

Getting all women on the same page will never happen. Neither will getting all of the men to do the right thing.

they pay salaries, they have bills to pay, they are providing products & services . how are they not a business? does a company have to generate excess profits to give to investors to qualify as being a business? i would not think so...
no, i understand the futility of getting all women to agree on anything...except maybe chocolate. but it is enticing to think about.

White Beard

there are "non-profits" out there doing good deeds with no shareholders waiting for dividends. you want to see power? get all of the women on the planet (hookers too) to cut all of the men off until they act normal again...THAT, my friend, is what real power looks like.
:tongue:

The Lysistrata maneuver: advocated in the time of Ancient Greece as a way to curtail war...Aristophanes? There is wisdom to it - even if it can’t be practically engaged

Cannabologist

Veteran
Here's a tip about God

God is an atheist.

God knows no other gods exist except for God.

:chin:

I follow God's religion :party:

Cuddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddles

they pay salaries, they have bills to pay, they are providing products & services . how are they not a business? does a company have to generate excess profits to give to investors to qualify as being a business? i would not think so...
no, i understand the futility of getting all women to agree on anything...except maybe chocolate. but it is enticing to think about.

if they are paying salaries they are a business. But then they are not a non-profit, that was my point. If I´m self employed and pay myself money but don´t have shareholders, does that mean I don´t run a business? No.
Maybe I´m being a little puristic about this sort of thing

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I worship ACDC when Bon Scott was still at the helm, although Brian Johnson was a very worthy replacement.

Anyone who says it is not so needs to meet with an accident.

Vile blashphemers ye be gone!

Cuddles

yes back to religion. It has long been my believe that people who are too fanatical about it often just use it as an excuse for not taking responsibility for their own (bad) actions.
As mentioned before - god will forgive me, so it´s okay...
religion is one of the worst ideas ever but it´s okay in small dosages. Just don´t over do it.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

h.h.

Veteran
i'm sure it is, but prostitution is much older. some cynic might suggest that they operate much the same, making some folks feel better while relieving them of their money...:chin:

Masons were first. After all who paid the prostitutes?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if they are paying salaries they are a business. But then they are not a non-profit, that was my point. If I´m self employed and pay myself money but don´t have shareholders, does that mean I don´t run a business? No.
Maybe I´m being a little puristic about this sort of thing

most local non-profits still pay their workers; not enough volunteers to keep things moving. that is how it works around here anyway.

'Boogieman'

Even though I'm not religious, I don't understand why people hate on those who are. It's their life, what does it matter what they believe or don't believe?

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
I have to smile the last time often about Moses, when I am right he leaded the jews 40 years to Israel through the desert. A sportsman can do the way in 10 days or less.

All religions come from myths or a kind of fairy tales.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I have to smile the last time often about Moses, when I am right he leaded the jews 40 years to Israel through the desert. A sportsman can do the way in 10 days or less.

All religions come from myths or a kind of fairy tales.

come on now, Herman! Moses did not have GPS like todays outdoorsmen do. most of these folks can't find their way to their damn bathroom in the dark...:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts