What's new

Snowhigh Seeds

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
these shits are like worse than i remember rezdog prices...

are showhigh's pure sativa hybrids any better than ace, cannabiogen, tsc etc etc which are a fraction of the price of some snowhigh varieties? not gonna lie, if there were more smoke reports around and i wasnt broke atm, i would seriously consider the golden king or the congolese gold

Kwallafied

Recent Snowhigh gear smoke/grow reports

Recent Snowhigh gear smoke/grow reports

hey everybody...longtime off n on lurker back to on...appreciate all of you.

So I'm wondering wheres the best place too look or who has ran the most of snowhigh gear and can verify thats its as good as i hope it is. Unfortunately my friend has born the brunt of 2 bad snowhigh experiences due to my recommending him via seeing forums like this.

First time 2 packs of Kaleidosdope all came up and had great ratio of ladies but turned out hempy bunky...my friend has won cups and been growing for 15 years so it wasn't him. It was shockingly disappointing. Not 1 good pheno.

2nd time which is happening now-ish is 70% of the devils tit and black maui he started never came up. Hopeful that the few that did come up turn out so well and make that 1st experience a forgotten bad dream. And just to add...my friend popped 9 year old seeds that his hightimes, skunk, cannabis culture, writing gf at the time gave him and they all came up. She got em via 1 of those magazines connects while she was vacationing in Argentina in '11-'12. Got em from guys that owned a carnivorous plant store in case that rings a bell. Be amazing if those guys are on here site wise. They had written mangobiche, serra nevada...actually ill just link pics of baggies.

Anyways, I digress. Back to the original reason I'm writing.

I'm such a sucker for these yesteryear lineage strains...specifically special sativas.

I've read that if you contact Snow and tell him the deal he's pretty good about balancing things out with some replacement seeds (though Kaleidosdope is a harrrrrd no thanks haha)...and honestly I wouldn't mind giving him that 3rd n final shot by even getting a few packs of his latest n greatest.

But before I narrow it down to what I want.

Anybody here run or know someone thats run snows gear in last year or so and loved it? I would like to do some research and figure out whats been through the real world ranks and came out on top with praise.

Like I said excited about the couple black mauis and devils tit that came up cause read some good stuff about em when searching. But I figure some helpful vouching for snowhigh from the community would definitely help out the cause for my buddy n I. Thnx in advance.

Oh and I know shit happens to the best of em. Heard stories of some of bodhis gear coming out hempy too. But I also heard of plenty of fire so.

And last thing...in my top 5 smoking experiences was in '15-16 mr. Soul holding this "2 year cedar cured" spear of super silver haze that he said bodhi had just left at the booth. It was gorgeous golden maplesyrup looking. It smelled like true exotic incense even better then the Nigerian silk i used to have access to (enh the high wasnt for me) that held that bar up till. And the taste was infncredible--complex beyond. High as the sky as I walked after buying some soul gear (popped those just now too, apollo haze). So props to bodhi and Mr. Soul for making that happen. When you love ganja you know its some special shit to get into your top 5 experiences ever.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200714-124353_Signal.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-124353_Signal.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20200714-124410_Signal.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-124410_Signal.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20200714-124422_Signal.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-124422_Signal.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20170928 135426
    20170928 135426
    68.9 KB · Views: 53

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I have had trouble germinating quite a few strains of his. I know it is not me as I had most or all of some strains pop at the same time. At the prices you want most of your pack to pop. I think a lot of his seeds have been sitting around for years.

The genetics seem to be on point but with heirlooms it can vary a lot. Some strains will require a lot of plants to be grown to find good phenos.

Kwallafied

^^ I have had trouble germinating quite a few strains of his. I know it is not me as I had most or all of some strains pop at the same time. At the prices you want most of your pack to pop. I think a lot of his seeds have been sitting around for years.

The genetics seem to be on point but with heirlooms it can vary a lot. Some strains will require a lot of plants to be grown to find good phenos.

Ok well its good to know its a thing with his gear then. Yea ive been going back through this thread and see others saying same. But i guess you just crack extra of the replacement seeds next round to square things up a bit. I do tend to agree if there is to be a price of "difficulty" to be paid just to have access to something that i otherwise never would, so be it. Long as I eventually get strains/phenos that go in my best i ever had diary im cool with that haha.

And yeahhhhh...im settling into that idea. Popping many to get some keepers. Ive always tended to avoid that and went for true breeding seedlines but those arent as much fun in a way when youre after heirloom goldilocks.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Tan BD is a little over 10 weeks flowering. Probably needs another couple weeks. I like the look of twisty buds. She is frosty and has a lemony sweet kind of smell. Very sticky!! I think I may stick with this one for a while to see what she can do...If she smokes the way she looks!! The Tangerine Sky was some good smoke. The plant was a low yielder of airy bud. I'm tempted to try to get a female Blazing Dragon again... I only popped one seed from the Blazing Dragon and got the male. I should have popped some more blazing dragon, but I popped (CPD-BM-BD) and (BM-BD) instead. Should be interesting....

View Image

Do you happen to recall the flowering time for your tangerine sky plants?

Edit: nevermind , found an earlier post, 13 weeks for the quicker one.

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
If you have trouble getting his seeds to pop I'd try to get a hold of him, send him an email. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, I met the guy and I asked him how old his stock was. Since I was concerned that with all his strains, they might be old or hard to pop being landrace types. He told me he'd made them within 6 months or less and I haven't had trouble getting them to pop, even now that it's years later. I wouldn't be surprised if some of his stock at the seed banks has gotten old. Either way I'd send him a message. Tell him you love exotic tropical strains, tell him you had trouble popping his seeds and mention what strain and it's likely he'd get back to you. Unless he has some personal shit, he was in good shape but he's getting old.

I'd make sure the temperature is 80-85 degrees F, very high humidity. In the spring with my regular stuff I start it at 68-75 degrees F, it's actually lower then that but I use a heat mat. It's fine for most regular seed but the landrace stuff probably needs hotter and wetter conditions. If you know how to crack or scuff the seeds, soak in peroxide, do all the little stuff that helps. There's nothing more disappointing then getting genetics you're excited about and getting shutout.

justabluez

Veteran
TanBD Cross continue....

TanBD Cross continue....

Covid-19 ISOLATION has been great for us "FARMERS"...:artist:
I LOVE TanBD....So far I have ran it at least 3 times.....reminds me of old school colombian gold.....Makes my head HOT!!! Lots of CREATIVE ENERGY....

I also ran Ace Congo about 3 times now..... This is good to add to the stash for "light-weights". Its "KIND". You will get high, but you will maintain control..... Great for social events!!!! ALL DAY EVERYDAY kind of weed!!!

I made some seeds with the TanBD male
(TanBD) x (TanBD)
(TanBD) x (AGPD)

(Congo) X (TanBD)
(UV Haze) X (TanBD)
(Triple White Berry) X (TanBD)

I sprouted a few more (TanBD) X (AGPD) and (Congo X TanBD).....
My hope is that the AGPD will "BULK" up the "VINE" like stalk of the TanBD, increase yield and maintain the sativa "Clear" high!!!

I've also been eating the tanBD dried buds that have seeds in them. Kind of taste like pop-corn. Its actually not bad. The Bud has to be crispy crunchy dry though. I crunched up a bunch of dried buds and put them in a Tea can. I eat it with a spoon. Taste like food to me.....

pics coming soon.....

Hope ALL is WELL with ALL Amongst COVID...
BUT: Thank you COVID for FORCING me into my GARDEN!!!:jump:

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Covid-19 ISOLATION has been great for us "FARMERS"...:artist:
I LOVE TanBD....So far I have ran it at least 3 times.....reminds me of old school colombian gold.....Makes my head HOT!!! Lots of CREATIVE ENERGY....

I also ran Ace Congo about 3 times now..... This is good to add to the stash for "light-weights". Its "KIND". You will get high, but you will maintain control..... Great for social events!!!! ALL DAY EVERYDAY kind of weed!!!

I made some seeds with the TanBD male
(TanBD) x (TanBD)
(TanBD) x (AGPD)

(Congo) X (TanBD)
(UV Haze) X (TanBD)
(Triple White Berry) X (TanBD)

I sprouted a few more (TanBD) X (AGPD) and (Congo X TanBD).....
My hope is that the AGPD will "BULK" up the "VINE" like stalk of the TanBD, increase yield and maintain the sativa "Clear" high!!!

I've also been eating the tanBD dried buds that have seeds in them. Kind of taste like pop-corn. Its actually not bad. The Bud has to be crispy crunchy dry though. I crunched up a bunch of dried buds and put them in a Tea can. I eat it with a spoon. Taste like food to me.....

pics coming soon.....

Hope ALL is WELL with ALL Amongst COVID...
BUT: Thank you COVID for FORCING me into my GARDEN!!!:jump:

Justabluez, Thanks for starting this thread.

Do you feel out of the snowhigh gear you have run the Tangerine sky has the least amount of sedating effects? Im really on the hunt for something with absolute minimal body sedating effects.
Currently enjoying a 13 week flowering hawaiian sativa leaning pheno of Eternal Sunshine from bodhi. The other phenos were boring and had too much effect from the Ghani side. But this one gal! Kicking myself for losing the cutting from her.

justabluez

Veteran
Justabluez, Thanks for starting this thread.

Do you feel out of the snowhigh gear you have run the Tangerine sky has the least amount of sedating effects? Im really on the hunt for something with absolute minimal body sedating effects.
Currently enjoying a 13 week flowering hawaiian sativa leaning pheno of Eternal Sunshine from bodhi. The other phenos were boring and had too much effect from the Ghani side. But this one gal! Kicking myself for losing the cutting from her.

Yes. I need to run Tangerine Sky again!! It is definitely a SATIVA BUZZ. No sleepy. However, on the come down, you may be a bit relaxed, but not STONED! The Tangerine Sky was much better than (Tangerine Sky) X (Blazing Dragon). The Vapor has an orange-ish kind of taste....HAPPY WEED!!!
I'll get back to Tangerine Sky one day!!! I tried to crack my last [2] Pipe Dream seeds....LAST [2]........They didnt pop!....but they were the Original Pipe Dream seeds....so.....maybe over 5 years old or so......

The Only thing I don't like about the Tangerine Sky was the yield.

justabluez

Veteran
Tan BD continues

Tan BD continues

TanBD is a nice smoke. The only problem is the vine like structure, and the airy floppy buds. The plant is also a TALL giant. I want to try to improve the branching, but keep the same QUALITY in the buds. I want to evolve the TanBD to get rid of that VINE, and have more of a structure like the below male (TanBD X AGPD).

attachment.php
attachment.php

This will be the male I'll use to improve the structure of the TanBD.
Its TanBD X (Acapulco Gold X Pipe Dream) . The AGPD seems to have improved the branching...at least on this male. I want to try to get the TanBD buds to branch like the below male.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 91120_18.jpg
    91120_18.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 91120_10.jpg
    91120_10.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 9920_13.jpg
    9920_13.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

justabluez

Veteran
TanBD X AGPD and Ace Congo X AGPD

TanBD X AGPD and Ace Congo X AGPD

Here are a couple of the AGPD Male crosses. I also have a (UV Haze X AGPD) that just sprouted. Should be interesting. I'm not sure whats being created......but as long as its similiar to the TanBD smoke......I will be happy.

TanBD X AGPD - Hopefully a female. Only got males so far.
attachment.php

Ace Congo X TanBD - Can't wait to see how this one turns out. I like the way Congo grows. The potency is a bit on the mild side though.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 91220_3.jpg
    91220_3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 91220_4.jpg
    91220_4.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 32

justabluez

Veteran
TanBD Clone

TanBD Clone

This is how the TanBD clone looks. Just a big VINE.

attachment.php

I can see that the TanBD X AGPD is not as lanky as the TanBD, and has a thicker stem. Could also be because the TanBD X AGPD is from seed and the TanBD is a clone.....still learning.....

Attachments

• 91220_2.jpg
    91220_2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 38

justabluez

Veteran
BMBD and UVHAZEXAGPD

BMBD and UVHAZEXAGPD

I'm trying to get a female Black Maui X Blazing Dragon again. Also cracked a couple UV Haze X AGPD ... I think the BMBD should have a better plant structure than the Tangerine Sky X Blazing Dragon. The BMBD should add a little more "maui wowie" to the mix......

Also dropped a couple of (Dragons Fire X Black Maui) in the dirt......The Black Maui was a hermie. The last DFBM I dropped was female. I want to see if the DFBM seeds are feminized........that would be soooooooooo kewl........ if they pop!!!!

Black Maui X Blazing Dragon.
attachment.php

UV Haze X AGPD
attachment.php

Attachments

• 92120_1.jpg
    92120_1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 92120_2.jpg
    92120_2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 35

yahooman

I went to pop a fire og cross of his this spring and zero popped...I was disappointed because the lineage was solid

OldSSSCGuy

Most of Snow's genetics are incredibly rare, comes from outdoor Humbolt stock since the "original' post-Nam breeders of his quality (or so I remember), and he has protected more sativa genetics than most people have even heard of. You'll see that thin, branchy result often from his stock but it should be viewed as irreplacable genetics and maybe not so good for indoor production; just my opinion, I am sure others might slap my hand er something. His genetics deserve full sun mother nature - and patience - to really experience their potential.

Again - just an opinion and definitely not anything negative. He has forgotten more about Humbolt genetics than most of us have ever heard.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Yeah, I have grown quite a bit of his stuff and it is legit. I have some BloodKlot or Jamaican x Panama Red and Panama Black and Lambsbread x Original Haze and Mexican Red Hair germinating.

lLucky

Been eyeing his genetics for a bit now, seems to really love the plant and preserving old genetics, some really rare selections available

justabluez

Veteran
Tan BD continutes...

Tan BD continutes...

Tan BD is looking good. Buds are finally looking like BUDS. Still small and braidy, but my BEST smoke!! My last batch was heavily seeded, but still good. The one finishing up has also been hit on a couple branches with the Golden Thai pollen. I might have also hit a branch with the Purple Mexican Hermie....

So far both of my Congo X AGPD are FEMALE!!!! Should be interesting. My first pheno of Congo was much better than the one I made seeds with . The Congo I used for the seeds had the strawberry smell/taste, but I probably did not goi long enough on it. It was very MILD!!, but I have been vaping a lot of SATIVAS....so I might have a high tollerance...... But I always get a buzz from the TanBD.

I also got at least [1] female TanBD X AGPD....actually, the male could have been AGPD or TanBD....or Purple Mexican.....But I think its AGPD....

The UV Haze X AGPD is a vigorous seedling. One is much bigger than the other....probably a male.

The BMBD is looking good also....I've been trying to get a female of this one....Black Maui X Blazing Dragon.... pleezzz be a girl!!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 92720_1.jpg
    92720_1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 46

justabluez

Veteran
Yeah,

Lot of those old strains are old stock. I popped [3] Pipe Dream seeds when I first got them ...maybe 5 years ago, but when I tried to pop them recently....none popped. But I'm sure those seeds were quite old.......However, I've had luck with all the other seeds. Recently I popped [1] Golden Thai seed.....because I only had [5].......It popped. I may try aagain.....

I still have not tried the following yet
===========================
1. Devil's Poison
2. Epic Daze Haze
3. Shockwave -- had a male
4. Panama Gold --- seedling died
5. Golden Dragon --- had a male
6. Golden Thai -- had a male

A lot to play with....